An Amazon Wish List 30 years in the making

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

An Amazon Wish List 30 years in the making

Post by _MeDotOrg »

The Atlantic Wire wrote:Glenn Ford needs an ironing board, some pajamas, and luggage. Ford, 64, has spent the past 30 years on death row for a crime he didn't commit. And now that he's out, he's trying to rebuild his life. His longtime legal team decided to help him do that by creating an Amazon wish list full of things he'll need to get going.

According to the Daily Dot, Ford's lawyer, Capital Post Conviction Project of Louisiana Director Gary Clements, drew up the list because ‟I was having complete strangers call me on the phone asking why they could do to help." The list has circulated on social media, and it looks like Clements et al. are adding items to the short wishlist as needs are fulfilled. Right now, the list includes:

"Monif​ah​'s albu​m ​"Touc​h It​" - used is fine​."
Gift cards to Walgreens and a couple of other stores
A Kindle, and a case to keep it safe
Clothing essentials: a few pairs of shoes, t-shirts, pants, pajamas
a camera
an iPad
Luggage: " would appreciate it if it could be monogrammed with "Gee Ford". Thanks! -Glenn Ford" reads a note on the request.

Here's his list on Amazon.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: An Amazon Wish List 30 years in the making

Post by _Gunnar »

I hope he has a secure and safe place to live and a satisfactory way to earn an adequate livelihood.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison