Grotesque yet touching image...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Grotesque yet touching image...

Post by _Quasimodo »

subgenius wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:My name is Quasimodo. Do you really think that I don't have a love for and understanding of Victor Hugo

Is certainly not a stretch to think such a thing. .. besides, the link below seems to be more the reason. .. fan the hunchback does not mean fan of Hugo....nor does it make you a fan of Les Miserables.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=quasimodo

You're acting like a strange, petulant child. Have you been drinking?
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Quasimodo wrote:My name is Quasimodo. Do you really think that I don't have a love for and understanding of Victor Hugo
subgenius wrote:Is certainly not a stretch to think such a thing. .. besides, the link below seems to be more the reason. .. fan the hunchback does not mean fan of Hugo....nor does it make you a fan of Les Miserables.

Quasimodo wrote:You're acting like a strange, petulant child. Have you been drinking?
No. (I extenuate his conduct, anyway, he says he is an architect so I should do it...) He is apologizing to not read his summer reading list.

It is a typical behaviour of a typical American high school student.
The dog has eaten his summer reading list.
[#img] http://kruggel.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/8 ... 25.jpg?307[/img]
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Bret Ripley
_Emeritus

Post by _Bret Ripley »

ludwigm wrote:
subgenius wrote:Is certainly not a stretch to think such a thing. .. besides, the link below seems to be more the reason. .. fan the hunchback does not mean fan of Hugo....nor does it make you a fan of Les Miserables.

Quasimodo wrote:You're acting like a strange, petulant child. Have you been drinking?
No. (I extenuate his conduct, anyway, he says he is an architect so I should do it...) He is apologizing to not read his summer reading list.

It is a typical behaviour of a typical American high school student.
The dog has eaten his summer reading list.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

I feel like the title of this thread is misleading. That picture is not grotesque at all. I was actually scared to click open the thread at first.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

just me wrote:I feel like the title of this thread is misleading. That picture is not grotesque at all. I was actually scared to click open the thread at first.

My apologies, just me. I spent some years as a medical photographer and I make my living now as a medical illustrator creating images that will sometimes put people off.

I like to warn people before they view images of the dead. Some people are very sensitive about those sort of things.

I'm glad that you are not.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.