Dr. Shades's Grammar Lesson of the Day

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Dr. Shades's Grammar Lesson of the Day

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Points well taken. Thanks, Shades.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Dr. Shades wrote:Now go practice for a while.

Over the course of the last few years, Shades has been very gracious by giving his time in an effort to help me. In addition to helping me become a better human being in general, he has helped me with some of my dysfunctional grammar related issues. Among these, he has taught me that "a lot" is two words (When I fist arrived here at MDB, I used to write "aNOSPACElot", so he kindly asked me if I would write "ahorse" or "a horse?"). This did the trick and I am proud to say that I now write "a lot' the correct way all the time now.

The above example is a mere single example of the many ways that the good and decent Dr. Shades has been willing to share his knowledge with folk like me. For this, I am both thankful and appreciative.

Wow, this post looks fabulous! :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson