It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Impeachment hearings
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:56 pm 
God

Planning to have Yovanovitch assassinated seems kinda bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:59 pm 
God

I continually think about Trumpland, "We already know insanely bad things. How much worse could what is being hidden even be?" And, without fail, I continue to be surprised to find out it's worse than I thought.

I guess I should assume Donald Trump has to be persuaded not to nuke the planet every night in order to dull my capacity to be scandalized.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:09 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:

Can you expand on that a bit. A cursory google search isn't really doing anything for me.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:11 pm 
God

I seem to remember during 2016 that among Trump, Clinton, and an asteroid hitting America, the asteroid polled the best.

In retrospect, it seems Trump and the asteroid were the same basic option.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:29 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

Can you expand on that a bit. A cursory google search isn't really doing anything for me.

- Doc

Lev Parnas's partial document dump shows some profoundly creepy surveillance of Yavonovitch in which joking, but maybe not really hints at assassinating her are shared.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 pm 
God

Here's an example if you are looking for something concrete to look at:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/12 ... 1594780674

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:14 pm 
God

Some field office partisan blathering about some weird dreams of a gulag?

BERNIE IS GUILTY.

The President acting like a mafia don with literal proof?

LIBERAL HAIR FIRE.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:27 pm 
God

“House Democrats’ case cannot simultaneously be so robust that it was enough to impeach in the first place, but also so weak that the Senate needs to go fishing. If the existing case is strong, there’s no need for the judge and the jury to re-open the investigation. If the existing case is weak, House Democrats should not have impeached in the first place.”

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:33 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
“House Democrats’ case cannot simultaneously be so robust that it was enough to impeach in the first place, but also so weak that the Senate needs to go fishing. If the existing case is strong, there’s no need for the judge and the jury to re-open the investigation. If the existing case is weak, House Democrats should not have impeached in the first place.”

The case is strong enough as it is. It's just you can get a fuller picture of what has happened if implicated parties were questioned and relevant documents were turned over. The thing is the Trump admin is refusing to allow documents to be turned over and relevant witnesses to testify. Since you're not suggesting they be allowed to do this in the house, the argument seems to be, "If Trump refuses to cooperate, then there's nothing there."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:36 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
subgenius wrote:

The case is strong enough as it is. It's just you can get a fuller picture of what has happened if implicated parties were questioned and relevant documents were turned over. The thing is the Trump admin is refusing to allow documents to be turned over and relevant witnesses to testify. Since you're not suggesting they be allowed to do this in the house, the argument seems to be, "If Trump refuses to cooperate, then there's nothing there."

Cool how you open with "its strong enough" but quickly follow with "but its really not strong enough ".
kewl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:38 pm 
God

EAllusion thinks its best to look for the gun at the sentencing instead of during the trial.....or some other version of stoop-ed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:00 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:

Cool how you open with "its strong enough" but quickly follow with "but its really not strong enough ".
kewl

Yeah, I know reading is a lifelong struggle for you. It's nice to know more, but not necessary. If there were live footage of Nicole Simpson being murdered, I sure wouldn't want to give the defense unilateral authority to suppress the release of that video in a trial, but I don't think seeing that video is necessary to know if OJ is guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion thinks its best to look for the gun at the sentencing instead of during the trial.....or some other version of stoop-ed.
The sneaky cool thing about this post is your naïve belief that this kind of dishonesty won't be ever be weaponized by a Democrat seizing power because you have faith that Democrats by nature aren't nearly as bad as Republicans. So this kind of moment to moment ends justify the means approach is safe. It's a mistaken belief.

And I know you think you're just fighting fire with fire. But, really, I think you know you're not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:46 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:

Those are some crazy, weird texts. This Robert Hyde guy is a real P.O.S. It boggles my mind that anyone can look at this cast of characters on team Trump and come to the conclusion that these are the good guys. If this was a fictional movie everyone would complain that the President and the cronies working for him are too one-dimensional in their evilness. They need more nuance. Maybe those text messages were perfectly innocent. The scariest thing in all of this, on the off chance that there was overwhelming evidence that Trump ordered a hit on the ambassador (to be clear, I'm not saying there is or he did) the Republicans in congress would defend his right to do so. Does anyone really think they wouldn't?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:21 am 
God

DarkHelmet wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

Those are some crazy, weird texts. This Robert Hyde guy is a real P.O.S. It boggles my mind that anyone can look at this cast of characters on team Trump and come to the conclusion that these are the good guys. If this was a fictional movie everyone would complain that the President and the cronies working for him are too one-dimensional in their evilness. They need more nuance. Maybe those text messages were perfectly innocent. The scariest thing in all of this, on the off chance that there was overwhelming evidence that Trump ordered a hit on the ambassador (to be clear, I'm not saying there is or he did) the Republicans in congress would defend his right to do so. Does anyone really think they wouldn't?

I watched The Irishman last week. The whole admin strikes me as a mafia operation (an extremely ____ stupid mafia operation).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:06 pm 
God

Any of you guys want to start back up the 911 buildings conspiracy again now that you are all on the level of . being conspiracy nuts.

mikwut

All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

"Why are you afraid, have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:33 pm 
God

mikwut wrote:
Any of you guys want to start back up the 911 buildings conspiracy again now that you are all on the level of . being conspiracy nuts.

mikwut
It’s fascinating to me how people like yourself and subs can get into lunatic conspiracy theories like 9/11 trutherism or Clinton Kill List stuff, but when presented with overwhelming evidence of an actual malicious conspiracy, think yourself wise for saying, “Doesn’t look like anything to me.”

I don’t know if it’s contrarianism, a need to feel part of some higher mysteries, or what, but it is super interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:45 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
mikwut wrote:

mikwut
It’s fascinating to me how people like yourself and subs can get into lunatic conspiracy theories like 9/11 trutherism or Clinton Kill List stuff, but when presented with overwhelming evidence of an actual malicious conspiracy, think yourself wise for saying, “Doesn’t look like anything to me.”

I don’t know if it’s contrarianism, a need to feel part of some higher mysteries, or what, but it is super interesting.

Mikwut,

Did you not read those texts?

- Doc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 pm 
God

E,

I don't know why such a bright thinker like you brands people and lacks nuance. I have not attached myself to an actual 911 conspiracy - I have flatly stated I don't know, I have not been given proof of how three steel buildings all came down in a manner that was planned to avoid, never has happened before or since and had actual lab testing show it wouldn't happen - so ya, I don't know how that happened. I have never commented on Clinton kill list, but find it probably outlandish. On Yanovitch it is cancelled in its probability because Trump always could fire her like he did - no death conspiracy necessary.

My need is to just point out in many instances that I have - that I don't know, and you don't know either. And it is flat out immoral to speak of things as if you do know or as if they are highly probable when they are in fact not.

You don't question anything from the left as I have so far seen (I am sure you'll show an example, but the amount is so much). I question both. All the time. I have constantly painted the landscape with everyone having dirty hands and a wwe analogy fit for either sides cognitive blinders. Which is more honest?

Take your latest Russia hacked Burisma with no skepticism. You just post look at this as if its watching a video of Russian hackers high fiving each other after they did it. If you read about it, any skeptic would have to chuckle. The articles describe email phishing that you can find pdf's online on how to do it, you don't even have to go on the dark web and pay 1.99 for it. Governments, large corporations etc.. have done three layers to avoid that kind of hacking about a decade ago and probably more layers now that I don't know about. In the military I gave a briefing on phishing 14 years ago. It's a joke now for sophisticated Russian hackers to using it. Good grief man! If they did hack in to Burisma they did it with a lot more sophistication than that.

mikwut

All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:56 pm 
God

Doc,

Yah I read them. Did you read past the highlights where it was confirmed it has nothing to do with her physical security?

mikwut

-Michael Polanyi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:10 pm 
God

mikwut wrote:
Doc,

Yah I read them. Did you read past the highlights where it was confirmed it has nothing to do with her physical security?

mikwut

Can you please explain the texts in context then?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 44  Next