It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:31 pm 
God

Gunnar, Doc explained his technique some time ago. If he thinks some had hit him below the belt, he will pummel them until they apologize or something. Kevin referred to something in Doc’s past (which I certainly don’t give a ____ about) that I would classify as below the belt. Doc shifted into irrational attack mode and will stay there until he gets bored or Kevin apologizes. You’re just caught in the crossfire. Sadly, that means political threads will be trainwrecks for a while.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:43 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Gunnar, Doc explained his technique some time ago. If he thinks some had hit him below the belt, he will pummel them until they apologize or something. Kevin referred to something in Doc’s past (which I certainly don’t give a ____ about) that I would classify as below the belt. Doc shifted into irrational attack mode and will stay there until he gets bored or Kevin apologizes. You’re just caught in the crossfire. Sadly, that means political threads will be trainwrecks for a while.

Not sure I remember exactly where this started, but it sure as hell didn't start like that. It would take an awful lot for me to throw that out there so it certainly wasn't unprovoked. I wouldn't say Doc has been punching below or above the belt at me. He's just been making a despicable ass of himself by going after my wife. That's not "pummeling" me, its just proving my point about him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:58 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Not sure I remember exactly where this started, but it sure as hell didn't start like that. It would take an awful lot for me to throw that out there so it certainly wasn't unprovoked. I wouldn't say Doc has been punching below or above the belt at me. He's just been making a despicable ass of himself by going after my wife. That's not "pummeling" me, its just proving my point about him.

Kevin, I posted it the way I recall it. You two are big boys and will have to figure things out. I only posted because Gunnar is about as nice a person as has ever posted at MD and doesn’t deserve to be collateral damage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:13 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Kevin, I posted it the way I recall it. You two are big boys and will have to figure things out. I only posted because Gunnar is about as nice a person as has ever posted at MD and doesn’t deserve to be collateral damage.

Thanks so much, RI. Your compliment is especially appreciated coming from you! There are few posters on this board I admire and appreciate as much as I do you! and none whom I appreciate or admire even more! :smile:

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Thanks so much, RI. Your compliment is especially appreciated coming from you! There are few posters on this board I admire and appreciate as much as I do you! and none whom I appreciate or admire even more! :smile:

Thanks, Gunnar. You are too kind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:

I wasn't going to say a darn thing about this but in the interest of some kind of truth and accuracy, I will.

I think you missed the first punch there, RI. I saw the so-called content that was deleted before it was deleted. So far as I know the first punch was thrown by Cam.

That said, personally, I'm getting tired of seeing this happen. Anyone who knows my posting history (Gunnar can testify to this I am sure) knows that I have participated in what we used to call flame wars (one lasting a full year, until an entire board was decimated off the planet. Gunnar knows this as well.).

What I object to in this instance is that I can't tell who is offering their honest opinion of a topic or another poster. When I can't tell truth from a game, it simply turns the discussions to total ____.

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 pm 
God

Oh so is this the flashpoint with Gunnar?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
I can't help but have a growing impression from reading this thread that Doc Cam is approaching Ajax's level of irrationality. I find that quite dismaying, considering that on other subjects he has said things that I find quite admirable.

No. It's just that you and your ilk are so brainwashed that egalitarianism is one step shy of being a Nazi. If one dares criticize a black Leftist or Democrat, you're a racist. If one, god forbid, holds or treats a woman to the same standard as a male, you're a sexist.

So. You're now going to be held to the same standards you apply to everyone else. If you criticize someone, and mention the color of their skin you're a racist and a bigot. If you criticize a woman you're a sexist. So on and so forth. No matter how complicated you make your reasoning, no matter how complex you make your identity pplitics, you will be targeted and identified for what we know you truly are. You don't get to hide behind your false facades of virtue signalling, tokenism (nice pic above, Kevin, using Black people as a ____ prop you disgusting racist piece of garbage), and 'layered' reasoning. You'll be called out and identified for being guilty, which you are. And the more you deny it, the more guilty you are, which is exactly what crypto-racist pieces of garbage do.

- Doc

Tell me, to what do we owe this inelegant spittle-laden display of histrionics? You mad at the world and taking it out on anything that moves? Nice.

Him and his ilk? You should be so lucky to be of his ilk, Cam. Gunnar is one of the most civil men I've ever encountered on these boards and that goes back twenty years. He is not sexist, he is not racist, he is not brainwashed or one step shy of Nazi, and you sir are way off the mark.

What the hell is wrong with you? Do you think that these kinds of displays elevate you and from where, under the bottom?

Why are you doing this to people? Why are you lashing out at nearly everyone in sight? Are these your honest opinions or are you back to intellectually dishonest "mirroring"?

If these are your honest opinions of Gunnar, then I'm afraid you've totally lost your ____.

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:32 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:

Kevin, I posted it the way I recall it.

Yeah I know. I'm just setting the record straight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

Tell me, to what do we owe this inelegant spittle-laden display of histrionics? You mad at the world and taking it out on anything that moves? Nice.

Him and his ilk? You should be so lucky to be of his ilk, Cam. Gunnar is one of the most civil men I've ever encountered on these boards and that goes back twenty years. He is not sexist, he is not racist, he is not brainwashed or one step shy of Nazi, and you sir are way off the mark.

What the hell is wrong with you? Do you think that these kinds of displays elevate you and from where, under the bottom?

Why are you doing this to people? Why are you lashing out at nearly everyone in sight? Are these your honest opinions or are you back to intellectually dishonest "mirroring"?

If these are your honest opinions of Gunnar, then I'm afraid you've totally lost your ____.

Boy have I got you fooled! :wink:

Tusind tak, Jersey Girl. I appreciate you so very much! :biggrin:

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

I wasn't going to say a darn thing about this but in the interest of some kind of truth and accuracy, I will.

I think you missed the first punch there, RI. I saw the so-called content that was deleted before it was deleted. So far as I know the first punch was thrown by Cam.

That said, personally, I'm getting tired of seeing this happen. Anyone who knows my posting history (Gunnar can testify to this I am sure) knows that I have participated in what we used to call flame wars (one lasting a full year, until an entire board was decimated off the planet. Gunnar knows this as well.).

What I object to in this instance is that I can't tell who is offering their honest opinion of a topic or another poster. When I can't tell truth from a game, it simply turns the discussions to total ____.

It’s certainly possible. I was taken aback by Kevin’s post and wondered if there was provocation. I don’t recall seeing seeing either a first punch by Doc or the indicator for deletions. But I certainly could have overlooked something.

At any rate, it really doesn’t matter to what I was saying to Gunnar. Kevin clearly hit below the belt, and Doc has already explained that he responds to hitting below the belt with global thermonuclear war.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:01 am 
God

Gunnar wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Boy have I got you fooled! :wink:

Tusind tak, Jersey Girl. I appreciate you so very much! :biggrin:

Just bearing my testimony. :wink: And, you're welcome.

Would you do my first born/only child head a favor and fix my typo in your copy of my post? It should read as follows: are way off the mark. I'll die if you don't fix it. I mean it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:04 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Kevin clearly hit below the belt, and Doc has already explained that he responds to hitting below the belt with global thermonuclear war.

Global thermonuclear war, my ass. That was pathetically overdone. Plus, what he said about Gunnar was a complete lie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 am 
God

This is the beginning as I saw it, RI. If there were other posts prior to this that I didn't notice, I can't say. If you need me to fill in the blanks of what was cut out, let me know. Read that and then turn the page to see Kevin's mod-edited post.

viewtopic.php?p=1176093#p1176093

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Kevin clearly hit below the belt, and Doc has already explained that he responds to hitting below the belt with global thermonuclear war.

Global thermonuclear war, my ass. That was pathetically overdone. Plus, what he said about Gunnar was a complete lie.

Well, his version of global thermonuclear war. I didn’t to imply it was effective. And I agree with you about his post to Gunnar. But when Doc lashes out like this, I don’t think he cares.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:30 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:

Well, his version of global thermonuclear war. I didn’t to imply it was effective. And I agree with you about his post to Gunnar. But when Doc lashes out like this, I don’t think he cares.

In this case, I don't think he cares if he looks like a raving hypocrite either and that gives me exactly no pleasure to say.

This right here from his post to Gunnar for example: If you criticize a woman you're a sexist.

He's saying this after he attacked Kevin's wife. Blatant displays of hypocrisy, lies and attacking a person's family member and not only that, a family member who is fighting for her life. Where I come from, that's some pretty ____ up ____. It makes him look weak and I'm afraid that's on him now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
This is the beginning as I saw it, RI. If there were other posts prior to this that I didn't notice, I can't say. If you need me to fill in the blanks of what was cut out, let me know. Read that and then turn the page to see Kevin's mod-edited post.

viewtopic.php?p=1176093#p1176093

Okay, that’s Doc on April 10. What I’m talking about is Kevin two days earlier on a different thread. This one in fact.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51403&start=42&p=1175701&view=show#p1175722

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:43 am 
God

I'm not trying to settle a squabble between people who can't keep their ____ together. Someone got the second comment removed. They can easily get that one removed as well. That doesn't give him or anyone else carte blanche to lie about people or attack a family member on this board and many or most of us won't let that go without challenge, including me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:57 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
I'm not trying to settle a squabble between people who can't keep their ____ together. Someone got the second comment removed. They can easily get that one removed as well. That doesn't give him or anyone else carte blanche to lie about people or attack a family member on this board and many or most of us won't let that go without challenge, including me.

I’m not trying to, either. I posted only when I saw Gunnar in the crossfire and wanted to inform him (or remind him) of Doc’s own description of his posting tactics in this kind of situation. I’m not taking sides or approving of anyone’s behavior.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:01 am 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:

I’m not trying to, either. I posted only when I saw Gunnar in the crossfire and wanted to inform him (or remind him) of Doc’s own description of his posting tactics in this kind of situation. I’m not taking sides or approving of anyone’s behavior.

Oh. So when he described his own posting tactics did he mention making obscene remarks about family members who are fighting for their lives?

Did he likewise mention how bf stupid it makes him look?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Would you do my first born/only child head a favor and fix my typo in your copy of my post? It should read as follows: are way off the mark. I'll die if you don't fix it. I mean it!

Done!

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:10 am 
God

Gunnar wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Done!

Oh thank you! Few things unnerve me like seeing a typo in my own posts that I can't fix! :eek:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next