It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: David Duke backs Ilahn Omar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:17 pm 
God

Quote:
Former KKK leader David Duke backed Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)’s antisemitic statement Sunday that the U.S. Congress supports Israel because its members had been paid to do so.
He tweeted on Monday:

So, let us get this straight. It is “Anti-Semitism” to point out that the most powerful political moneybags in American politics are Zionists who put another nation’s interest (israel’s) over that of America ??????

Omar is openly anti-Zionist, opposing Israel’s existence as a Jewish state.
Duke regularly frames American politics — particularly its foreign policy towards Israel and the broader Middle East and North Africa — as procured by Jewish interests at the expense of America’s national interest.

Duke broadly aligns himself with the “Palestinian” national movement, framing Israel as a state born in sin that “commits ethnic cleansing” against Levantine Arabs.
Despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) calling on Omar to apologize for “deeply offensive” and “hurtful comments,” she made no mention of removing the Minnesota congresswoman from committee assignments.

In 2016, then-presidential candidate Donald Trump repeatedly condemned David Duke despite attempts by CNN’s Jake Tapper to link him with the former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard.
Omar subsequently offered an apology for her tweets, while still describing AIPAC as “problematic.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... lhan-omar/

I never agreed with Dr. Duke's views on Israel. Where do the members of the far left on this board come down on this issue? And do you realize that you're on the same side as David Duke? Strange bedfellows indeed.

Post subject: Re: David Duke backs Ilahn Omar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm 
God

David Duke has admitted liking pizza. As do I.

Which one of us has to give up liking pizza, and why?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:34 am 
God

canpakes wrote:

So canpakes, Ilahn Omar (D), and David Duke are all in agreement on this particular issue. David Duke doesn't have to be wrong about everything, right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:
canpakes wrote:

So canpakes, Ilahn Omar (D), and David Duke are all in agreement on this particular issue. David Duke doesn't have to be wrong about everything, right?

It would be hard for any person to be wrong about everything. But the issue is more complex that pointing out that ‘neither likes AIPAC’. Do you agree with that, or do you only seek validation for Duke based on an assumption about what ‘all liberals’ supposedly believe because of an opinion by Omar?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:03 am 
God

eta: https://theintercept.com/2019/02/11/ilh ... cumentary/

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:
canpakes wrote:

This gets at something I find deeply problematic in American politics - the view that it's a My Team v. Your Team arrangement where there are two sides locked in a zero sum game. This leads to all sorts of problems.

As to the OP, Democrats have been coming out publicly condemning her statements. Perhaps that is the take away you should grab onto, Ajax. Having principles, and letting them trump partisan politics, is a good first step in having a functioning democractic society.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 am 
Charlatan

honorentheos wrote:
This gets at something I find deeply problematic in American politics - the view that it's a My Team v. Your Team arrangement where there are two sides locked in a zero sum game. This leads to all sorts of problems.

As to the OP, Democrats have been coming out publicly condemning her statements. Perhaps that is the take away you should grab onto, Ajax. Having principles, and letting them trump partisan politics, is a good first step in having a functioning democractic society.

Do you you share this attitude toward the Russia investigation?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am 
God

Markk wrote:
honorentheos wrote:
... Having principles, and letting them trump partisan politics, is a good first step in having a functioning democratic society.

I certainly do. It would be great to hear more Republicans in congress disowning the Trump nonsense about (Republican) Robert Mueller's sober and methodical enquiry being a 'witch-hunt', don't you think?

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 am 
God

canpakes wrote:

whichever one of you equates that liking pizza with hating jewish people.

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:55 am 
God

Duke also likes Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 am 
God

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:

You need to rethink whatever you think you’re saying, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 am 
God

Chap wrote:
Markk wrote:

I certainly do. It would be great to hear more Republicans in congress disowning the Trump nonsense about (Republican) Robert Mueller's sober and methodical enquiry being a 'witch-hunt', don't you think?

So Markk is Chap correct that Robert Mueller is a republican, and also who started this investigation?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:34 am 
Charlatan

Chap wrote:

Your response is the exact thing in which Horonentheos was getting at. I just don't think what he suggested is possible in today's atmosphere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 am 
God

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:

You need to rethink whatever you think you’re saying, lol.

He's trying to say that he believes Pizzagate and holocaust denial. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:47 am 
Charlatan

Themis wrote:
So Markk is Chap correct that Robert Mueller is a republican, and also who started this investigation?

Yes...and?

95% of the posters on this forum are ready to hang Trump as a spy for Russia, without any real proof. This whole thing is being feed by the left.

We will see.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 am 
God

Markk wrote:
honorentheos wrote:

The Russian election meddling operation was a sophisticated attack against the West. This operation was funded through Russian fronts, including a catering company run by a close friend of Putin, Yevgeny Prigozhin. They used stolen American identities. Operatives bought political ads on social media sites. Operatives visited the United States, traveled across 9 states and discussed escape routes if they were caught inside the country. Operatives bought equipment including burner phones and SIM cards. The operation included hundreds of employees and millions of dollars. Prigozhin funded the Internet Research Agency and their meddling of the American election. This was a sophisticated operation that spanned over several years. Prigozhin has been Putin's go to guy for under the table missions including recruiting mercenaries for the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:51 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Markk wrote:

The Russian election meddling operation was a sophisticated attack against the West. This operation was funded through Russian fronts, including a catering company run by a close friend of Putin, Yevgeny Prigozhin. They used stolen American identities. Operatives bought political ads on social media sites. Operatives visited the United States, traveled across 9 states and discussed escape routes if they were caught inside the country. Operatives bought equipment including burner phones and SIM cards. The operation included hundreds of employees and millions of dollars. Prigozhin funded the Internet Research Agency and their meddling of the American election. This was a sophisticated operation that spanned over several years. Prigozhin has been Putin's go to guy for under the table missions including recruiting mercenaries for the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria.

- Doc

Russia is playing for keeps. Wake up, Republicans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-rea ... ice-2019-2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am 
God

Markk wrote:
95% of the posters on this forum are ready to hang Trump as a spy for Russia, without any real proof.

Er, no. You exaggerate more than a little here. By doing that, you make a reasonable discussion difficult to hold. And you're the guy that thinks there is an 'atmosphere' around in politics nowadays?

Markk wrote:
This whole thing is being feed by the left.

Of course. Mueller (a Republican) is clearly a left-wing mole. So are the grand juries that have handed down indictments during this investigation, and the judges that have heard the cases and sent people to jail as a result.

I mean, what other explanation could there be? Oh, wait ...

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:08 am 
God

Markk wrote:
Themis wrote:

Yes...and?

Really You cannot figure out the and? If Mueller is a republican in charge of this investigation and he was given this responsibility by republicans why should we think they are unfairly going after Trump?

Quote:
95% of the posters on this forum are ready to hang Trump as a spy for Russia, without any real proof. This whole thing is being feed by the left.

We will see.

Not just the left, but also by intelligence services who are generally considered more conservative then liberal. I would note democrats haven't yet tried to impeach Trump and seem to be waiting for the investigation to complete. They have been starting their own investigations now they have the power to do so, but why not. There is a lot of smoke. The one thing about this Mueller investigation is that it is not yet complete and is getting a lot of indictments and guilty pleas. I suspect if nothing bad was going on we wouldn't see any of that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:09 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

It’s kind of weird that something so trivial and silly would be the catalyst that made me realize the extent of the Russian operation; but, when I found a reference to this float buried in one of Mueller’s first indictments against Russian operatives, it was a “whoa-Nelly” moment for me.

(Russian operatives made this cage/float, and paid an American citizen to dress up in Hilary prison gear during the campaign.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:31 am 
God

Doctor Steuss wrote:
It’s kind of weird that something so trivial and silly would be the catalyst that made me realize the extent of the Russian operation; but, when I found a reference to this float buried in one of Mueller’s first indictments against Russian operatives, it was a “whoa-Nelly” moment for me.

(Russian operatives made this cage/float, and paid an American citizen to dress up in Hilary prison gear during the campaign.)

I was having a Poe's Law moment, but you weren't kidding:

https://littlevillagemag.com/iowa-clint ... ndictment/

“On or about August 18, 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators sent money via interstate wire to another real U.S. person recruited by the ORGANIZATION, using one of their false U.S. personas, to build a cage large enough to hold an actress depicting Clinton in a prison uniform.”

And funnily enough:

Quote:
The Russians wanted the cage on a flatbed, so it could be paraded at rallies in Florida. But by the time the trolls were reaching into their bank account, three Iowans had already rolled out a smaller version of the cage float at a July 30 parade celebrating the 100th anniversary of the city of Arcadia’s fire department.

Lol. What?

Quote:
Julin and his friends even came up with a gimmick the Russians don’t appear to have thought of: they passed out water balloons for parade-goers to throw at the caged Clinton impersonator.

The Times Herald described a “young blond boy, no more than 8 years old,” having the “prideful smile of a job well done” after throwing a water balloon at the cage.

We. Are. In. A. ____. Simulation.

- Doc