It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:01 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 3548
Location: The Yukon Hotel - 1187 Hunterwasser Los Angeles
AMI, the parent corporation of the Enquirer, vowed to fight Karen McDougal in court after her request to be freed from her Non Disclosure Agreement. After the Michael Cohen office raid, they seem to have had a change of heart. McDougal's rights to tell her story were restored. So why the change of heart? Some people are speculating that the raid on Cohen's office might have made the AMI continuing lawsuit agent McDougal look very bad.

From ABC News:

Quote:
In August 2016, the tabloid's parent company, American Media Inc., paid McDougal $150,000 for the rights to her story about the alleged relationship, but the story never ran.

Last month, McDougal filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles asking to invalidate the contract. The suit alleged Trump's attorney, Michael Cohen, was secretly involved in her discussions with AMI executives.

Federal agents raided Cohen's office and residence last week seeking any information on payments made in 2016 to McDougal and porn actress Stormy Daniels, according to people familiar with the investigation but not authorized to discuss it publicly. Daniels has said she had a sexual encounter with Trump in 2006. The search warrants also sought bank records, records on Cohen's dealings in the taxi industry and his communications with the Trump campaign, the people


So why did AMI drop their opposition to McDougal's suit? Honestly we don't know, but it is fun to read the tea leaves and do a little prognostication...

_________________
"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
- Donald Trump
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 6647
Location: On walkabout
It might be a fine way to avoid having the FBI kick the door down some morning.

_________________
β€‹β€œThe ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:40 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 3548
Location: The Yukon Hotel - 1187 Hunterwasser Los Angeles
Late Wednesday, Michael Cohen's lawyer dropped his lawsuit against Buzzfeed and Fusion GPS regarding the Steele dossier. The suit would have allowed a discovery process that Cohen would not want now that he is facing a potential criminal trial related to evidence uncovered in the FBI raid.

Will Cohen flip? You hear different opinions. Cohen has said he would take bullet for Trump, but ultimately the question becomes how many years of his life is he willing to give to Trump. Two years? Perhaps. Ten or Fifteen years? Probably not.

_________________
"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
- Donald Trump
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:15 pm
Posts: 4272
I don't understand what the point of the Stormy Daniels or McDougal actions are. Are they going to sell their stories?

Stormy seems to present it as if she just wants people to believe her, but does anyone doubt her? I think everyone agrees it happened.

_________________
Cinepro's Got a Blog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm 
Teacher

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 250
cinepro wrote:
I don't understand what the point of the Stormy Daniels or McDougal actions are. Are they going to sell their stories?

Stormy seems to present it as if she just wants people to believe her, but does anyone doubt her? I think everyone agrees it happened.


Um no. Virtually every Trumper on Facebook I've seen denies it ever happened. This is a huge Liberal conspiracy because Hannity tells them so. I mean, does he look like a guy who needs to pay for sex?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:26 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 9750
Location: Your mother's purse
Hawkeye wrote:
Virtually every Trumper on Facebook I've seen denies it ever happened.

oh, well that is a great resource to cite...at best you can confirm how many Trumpers? 2? maybe 3?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12241
subgenius wrote:
oh, well that is a great resource to cite...at best you can confirm how many Trumpers? 2? maybe 3?


Do you agree that Trump has sex with her?

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Posts: 18707
Location: Koloburbia
cinepro wrote:
Stormy seems to present it as if she just wants people to believe her, but does anyone doubt her? I think everyone agrees it happened.

Does anyone know if mentioning the cheeseburgers Trump consumed during this romantic interlude helped to boost sales at McDonalds?

_________________
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:50 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 9750
Location: Your mother's purse
Themis wrote:
subgenius wrote:
oh, well that is a great resource to cite...at best you can confirm how many Trumpers? 2? maybe 3?


Do you agree that Trump has sex with her?

my opinion is irrelevant as is the determination of them having sex or not having sex.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12241
subgenius wrote:
my opinion is irrelevant as is the determination of them having sex or not having sex.


The question was just to see if you would be honest, and as usual, you do not disappoint with your dishonesty.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 9750
Location: Your mother's purse
Themis wrote:
subgenius wrote:
my opinion is irrelevant as is the determination of them having sex or not having sex.


The question was just to see if you would be honest, and as usual, you do not disappoint with your dishonesty.

nope, i honestly believe my opinion on the matter is irrelevant as is it honestly irrelevant as to whether or not it actually occurred. I am sorry that my answer was not the answer you wanted, but your presuppositions have never actually required an honest answer.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:54 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12241
subgenius wrote:
nope, i honestly believe my opinion on the matter is irrelevant as is it honestly irrelevant as to whether or not it actually occurred. I am sorry that my answer was not the answer you wanted, but your presuppositions have never actually required an honest answer.


I'm sure you believe it is irrelevant, but not the issue. I just asked you a simple question about what you believed knowing you would avoid answering it as you usually do with almost all questions people ask you. Your troll behavior is just to attack others and try to waste their time with stupid CFR's and such. You know Trump did have sex with her but you will simply not criticize anyone you think is on your political team.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 9750
Location: Your mother's purse
Themis wrote:
...knowing you would avoid answering it as you usually do with almost all questions people ask you.

Yet prior you said it was question to test "honesty"...so, exactly what was your motive? because apparently it was not because you sincerely wanted to know my answer, as you now admit. Yet given your nefarious question you have the arrogance to be insulted that, in kind, i responded nefariously? say wha?

Themis wrote:
Your troll behavior...

troll question deserves troll answer...and since you have admitted your question was a troll one, why you surprised? u mad?

Themis wrote:
is just to attack others...

nope, mine is almost always a counter-attack or the occasional exasperation at the idiocy in a particular post....or in this case, the usual and blatant hair-fire hyperbole by floppy sack Hawkeye.

Themis wrote:
and try to waste their time with stupid CFR's and such....

Yes, terribly distracting to request someone justify their assertions with facts or references....and predictably, seldom is the call hearkened....which is understandable when the assertion of truth is simply what a poster "knows in their heart" because it just "makes sense".

Themis wrote:
You know Trump did have sex with her...

if i knew or did not know would still result in my not caring because it is an irrelevant distraction to a mature adult's life in the context of executive government.

Themis wrote:
but you will simply not criticize anyone you think is on your political team.

sure i will, whenever it is relevant....and do not presume to know who i "think" is on my political team, or that i even have a political team.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enquirer settles with McDougal after Cohen raid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12241
subgenius wrote:
Yet prior you said it was question to test "honesty"...so, exactly what was your motive? because apparently it was not because you sincerely wanted to know my answer, as you now admit. Yet given your nefarious question you have the arrogance to be insulted that, in kind, i responded nefariously? say wha?


It was just to give you a chance to answer a simple question. If it's so irrelevant and unimportant why avoid it like the plague?

Quote:
nope, mine is almost always a counter-attack or the occasional exasperation at the idiocy in a particular post....or in this case, the usual and blatant hair-fire hyperbole by floppy sack Hawkeye.


Unfortunately no. Most of what you say is usually quite stupid.

Quote:
Yes, terribly distracting to request someone justify their assertions with facts or references....and predictably, seldom is the call hearkened....which is understandable when the assertion of truth is simply what a poster "knows in their heart" because it just "makes sense".


Most of your CFR's are not legitimate and only meant to see if you can waste people's time trolling them. Half the time you don't even know how to properly use them.

Quote:
if i knew or did not know would still result in my not caring because it is an irrelevant distraction to a mature adult's life in the context of executive government.


I could agree with that if it was used consistently and not depending on which party one belongs to.

Quote:
sure i will, whenever it is relevant....and do not presume to know who i "think" is on my political team, or that i even have a political team.


I haven't seen anything to support that in your posting history. You are quite consistent in being one-sided in favor of the far right.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bret Ripley and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group