It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bannon - "You hid behind your religion to avoid Vietnam"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 am 
God

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... c095c21124

Quote:
“Judge Roy Moore has more honor and integrity in that pinkie finger than your entire family has in its whole DNA,” Bannon said in his 30-minute speech at Oak Hollow Farm. “You hid behind your religion. You went to France to be a missionary while guys were dying in rice paddies in Vietnam. Do not talk to me about honor and integrity,” he said, referencing Romney’s Mormon faith.

Does this type of attack have any type of affect on Mormon Breitbart fans, and loyal Mormon members of the Bannon wing of the Republican party? If Trump picks up on this theme, will it affect Trump's popularity among many Mormons?

"If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" - Abraham Lincoln

Post subject: Re: Bannon - "You hid behind your religion to avoid Vietnam"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 am 
God

If only Romney had the foresight to have hid behind disappearing bone spurs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am 
God

I wish that huge, head-sized zit on Bannon's neck would just pop already.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 pm 
Stake President

He did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 pm 
God

Popularity among Mormons in general? Or Mormons that agree with Bannon? Or Mormons that believe being Mormon overrides any and all things?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
Popularity among Mormons in general? Or Mormons that agree with Bannon? Or Mormons that believe being Mormon overrides any and all things?

Subenius, do you agree with Bannon that Trump has more integrity in his little finger than Mitt Romney because he dodged the draft and elected to serve an LDS mission?

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm 
God

cwald wrote:
subgenius wrote:

Subenius, do you agree with Bannon that Trump has more integrity in his little finger than Mitt Romney because he dodged the draft and elected to serve an LDS mission?

Hey, hey, hey! Don't forget Donald Trump's sacrifices. He had to endure his own sexual Vietnam. Don't forget all of the sacrifices Trump made in service to his penis.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm 
God

Why is military service a moral cudgel for politics? I think it's odd and self-defeating for our system. I'd rather have a smart NASA engineer elected to office over a grandstanding vet.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand. eta: He's permablocked for his pro-pedophilia comments.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Why is military service a moral cudgel for politics? I think it's odd and self-defeating for our system. I'd rather have a smart NASA engineer elected to office over a grandstanding vet.

- Doc

I think it is mostly a holdover from it being an effective attack on Bill Clinton in the '90's. That was about culture clash between baby boomers and older generations that either served or revered serving in WW II as a symbol of service and sacrifice for the country.

It still has cache' on the right as a shibboleth for military support, except when it is their person who avoided service, at which point they turn into abject hypocrites and their political opponents try and fail to hang them on their hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

I thought that died when Republicans mocked Kerry with those Purple Heart bandaids.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 am 
Prophet

Given Bannon's reputation for bigotry, his outburst only fuels the Mormon persecution complex. He is just as immoral as his friends.

In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 am 
God

Water Dog wrote:
He did.

Excuse me, but which is worse:

Going on a two year mission for your Church, which was always the goal in life at that age for male Mormons.

Or.....

Quote:
Back in 1968, at the age of 22, Donald J. Trump seemed the picture of health.

He stood 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic build; had played football, tennis and squash; and was taking up golf. His medical history was unblemished, aside from a routine appendectomy when he was 10.

But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

“One aspect of the conflict, by the way, that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest-income level of America, and the highest-income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur” -Senator John McCain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:13 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

No way, people want people of action, scientists have a tendency to not "pull the trigger"...its analysis paralysis....we have a joke in the architecture profession about deadlines, without them we would still be drawing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:17 pm 
God

cwald wrote:
subgenius wrote:

You are asking me to make assumptions that only an idiot would make, and today I forgot my idiot hat..

I can't possibly agree or disagree with Bannon's claim without knowing the facts - for example, did Mitt dodge the draft? and if so, and most importantly, why?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

No way, people want people of action, scientists have a tendency to not "pull the trigger"...its analysis paralysis....we have a joke in the architecture profession about deadlines, without them we would still be drawing.

I understand the desire to make a decision, but I'd rather have an analytical mind drafting policies and overseeing budgets than a grandstanding vet. Prudence trumps bravado, and just because some was enlisted or an Officer doesn't make them a good lawmaker or resource governor.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand. eta: He's permablocked for his pro-pedophilia comments.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I understand the desire to make a decision, but I'd rather have an analytical mind drafting policies and overseeing budgets than a grandstanding vet. Prudence trumps bravado, and just because some was enlisted or an Officer doesn't make them a good lawmaker or resource governor.

- Doc

George Marshall. Not Michael Flynn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 pm 
Stake President

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

100%, I say we ban attorneys from all of elected office. That's not what this is about. This is a case of carpetbagging Mormons feuding with evangelicals. It would be politically incorrect to name drop Joseph Smith, so instead Bannon uses the context of Vietnam to remind everybody who these people are. They're sophisticated enough to fill in the blanks. Mormons are trapped in their persecution complex and bent over the Milk Stripping Moment of their Peter Priesthood darling being rejected in 2012, and, adding insult to injury, being shown how to actually win even under seemingly impossible odds by the likes of a crass non-gentleman like Trump. Trump's victory is an existential insult to the fundamental axioms of Mormonism which form the basis for Mormon identity and culture.

Notice that effectively the only GOP pols that still believe there to be any credence to the accusations against Moore are out of state Mormons. Nobody else. Also notice how almost across the board, the #NeverTrump GOP gentleman scholars are praising Trump for moving the embassy to Jerusalem. Even Jeb! is singing his praises. But, except who? Auspiciously, some of the biggest loud mouths about how big a deal it is to recognize Jerusalem/Israel have said NOTHING at all - Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake, Mike Lee, Orin Hatch, Egg McMuffin, etc. Crickets. The dissonance that will be created in the minds of these people by having Trump go down in history as the one who finally recognized Israel will drive them to alcoholism. You mean all that time, the White Horse prophecy was actually about Trump, he's the Elder of Israel? ROFL! The dynamics of what's going on here is hilariously transparent.

Next we'll see Supreme Court rule 5-4 in favor of the baker, that will really blow Mormon minds. In their minds, it will end up being Trump that saved them from the Gay Zombie Hoard. Had Hillary won, it would have ruled a very different way, leading to a situation where the govt is going to force gay marriages into the temple. That may be a tin foil way of thinking about things, but it IS how they think about things. Look at the oral arguments being presented in the case. Actually a grain of truth to it. If it rules against the baker, they are actually saying, yes, in the case of a Catholic (or Mormon) university, govt would force university services to be extended to gays - gay couples, etc. Married student housing? Gotta provide it to gays. Facilities related to the university, like chapels or even centers, if they are available to straight people for weddings, gotta be available for gay couples to. That actually isn't terribly far off from saying a religion also can't discriminate against gays. At any rate, if Supreme Court rules 5-4 for the baker, Mormons will celebrate, and then start breaking the WOW as they realize Trump was their savior. I can't wait to witness the reactions among all the TBMs I know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 pm 
God

Water Dog wrote:
The dissonance that will be created in the minds of these people by having Trump go down in history as the one who finally recognized Israel will drive them to alcoholism.

Cough. 1948 -- same day it became a country. Harry Truman. Cough.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

True, and it is good that the cult of presidency that Obama created is waning. I agree the analytical mind drafts the policy, but nobody elects that person - you elect the person that hires/appoints that person. Is Trump that guy? most likely - was Obama that guy? meh. Trump is great at distracting everyone, already the travel ban is in place, the wall is under way, the Texas ruling stands, tax reform, and so on...all while most people scramble around chasing tweets and crying about their dial-up internet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 pm 
God

Hey water dog, yeah you, d***a**. You realize Jerusalem and Israel aren't the same thing, right?

That means recognizing Israel as a state isn't the same thing as recognizing Jerusalem as its capitol.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Trump is just starting ____ again which will probably lead to more dead people, because we know Republican Presidents aren't happy unless they're starting conflicts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:54 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
Trump is just starting ____ again which will probably lead to more dead people, because we know Republican Presidents aren't happy unless they're starting conflicts.

really? I seem to recall after WW2 it was Bill that deployed more Americans than any other President...and you used to boast around here about what a stone-cold killer Obama was....maybe you can let us in on these "conflicts" that Trump has started which are costing lives?