It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Something Different to Talk About
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 am 
Stake High Council

I thought I'd change the subject for a bit to something I found yesterday. Tom DeLonge, former guitarist for the punk rock band Blink-182 is super interested in the world of UFO's. He has started a company called To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science that aims to promote the topic, the technologies that will come forth, and obviously, make some money doing it.

My opinion is that he isn't in this for the money. He has plenty of it - truck loads full of it already. I think he just sees this as the best way to try and mainstream a lot of information that has been held back.

Anyway, yesterday he had a live launch of this company and introduced the founders and executive team. You can watch the live broadcast here https://dpo.tothestarsacademy.com/. You can watch it in the video or read it in the links I posted, but there are some pretty connected individuals teaming up with Tom. These guys are not tinfoil hat guys. For example:

Quote:
Luis Elizondo
Director of Global Security & Special Programs
Luis Elizondo is a career intelligence officer whose experience includes working with the U.S. Army, the Department of Defense, the National Counterintelligence Executive, and the Director of National Intelligence. As a former Special Agent In-Charge, Luis conducted and supervised highly sensitive espionage and terrorism investigations around the world. As an intelligence Case Officer, he ran clandestine source operations throughout Latin America and the Middle East. Most recently, Luis managed the security for certain sensitive portfolios for the US Government as the Director for the National Programs Special Management Staff. For nearly the last decade, Luis also ran a sensitive aerospace threat identification program focusing on unidentified aerial technologies. Luis’ academic background includes Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, with research experience in tropical diseases. Luis is also an inventor who holds several patents.

In the video, he states straight up that the threat from UFO's is real.

Also in the video, one of the speakers talks about a UFO encounter involving the US Navy Aircraft Carrier Nimitz and some fighters that were scrambled to intercept a possible UFO. I thought his story extremely interesting and here is a more detailed account found out on the web: https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/. Again, no crazy, tinfoil hat guys. Experts at aviation and observation. Crafts the defy our understanding of gravity and propulsion exist and are out there. Who is making them? Us? Another country? Aliens? We don't know. But unless people come forward and demand to know and demand that we get in the game (like the space race to the moon), we won't ever know.

(And don't you love my grammar in the title of the post. I swear in my head it said "Something..". I guess I was too excited!)

Post subject: Re: Some Different to Talk About
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:32 am 
God

Do you believe in UFO's by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson.

SEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... SJElZwEI8o

Post subject: Re: Something Different to Talk About
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:23 pm 
Stake High Council

Maybe the direct source isn't liberal enough for the board. In that case, here is an article from the Huffington Post! That ought to get the juices flowing...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inside-knowledge-about-unidentified-aerial-phenomena_us_59dc1230e4b0b48cd8e0a5c7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 pm 
God

Science by nature is very conservative, whatever the politics of individual scientists.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 am 
God

Black Moclips wrote:
Maybe the direct source isn't liberal enough for the board. In that case, here is an article from the Huffington Post! That ought to get the juices flowing...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inside-knowledge-about-unidentified-aerial-phenomena_us_59dc1230e4b0b48cd8e0a5c7

These are intriguing and exciting possibilities. The one potential source of future advances in technology I am skeptical of, however, is the supposed availability of actual alien, extraterrestrial technologies. This is the most likely to be unsubstantiated hype. I agree with Neil De Grasse Tyson on that point.

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
Science by nature is very conservative...

Uh. What's your definition of 'conservative' and 'science'? This doesn't really make any sense.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.
eta: He's permablocked for his pro-pedophilia comments.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 am 
God

Right from the dictionary.

Conservative... b :marked by moderation or caution

a conservative estimate

Science... a :knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method.

Any more questions?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm 
God

The CCC wrote:

a conservative estimate

Science... a :knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method.

Any more questions?

Yeah, Manhattan Project, cautious? or moderate?

Me thinks you confuse methodical with conservative.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:07 pm 
God

The CCC wrote:

a conservative estimate

Any more questions?

Sure.

How have you managed to live this long without choking on your own tongue in an effort to breathe?

Also.

How long does it take to apply your clown make-up before you go trick-or-treating with the other special needs adults in your care facility?

One more.

What do you feed the monkey that randomly generates Internet posts on your behalf?

Thank you in advance.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:47 pm 
God

I know the answer to this one.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

How have you managed to live this long without choking on your own tongue in an effort to breathe?

It's really quite a miracle since his advanced Parkinsons' could easily make swallowing as difficult as you are suggesting his tongue might when trying to breath. I mean either way, he could probably get a good choking episode going on for our pleasure. If you stick around long enough he might even aspirate food into his lungs and die from pneumonia or some other pulmonary condition.

Just think of all the great jokes the folks on this board could get out of those possibilities. And why, pray tell, are there no wheel chair jokes being posted? You guys are really slipping up.

As for special needs adults in his care facility. I suspect he's trying to ride it out at home. You know, in the wheel chair.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:00 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
I know the answer to this one.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

It's really quite a miracle since his advanced Parkinsons' could easily make swallowing as difficult as you are suggesting his tongue might when trying to breath. I mean either way, he could probably get a good choking episode going on for our pleasure. If you stick around long enough he might even aspirate food into his lungs and die from pneumonia or some other pulmonary condition.

Just think of all the great jokes the folks on this board could get out of those possibilities. And why, pray tell, are there no wheel chair jokes being posted? You guys are really slipping up.

As for special needs adults in his care facility. I suspect he's trying to ride it out at home. You know, in the wheel chair.

If he's got enough energy to ____ post on the Internet, he's got enough energy to not give a dickhole answer. Don't want to be treated like a dickhole, don't be a dickhole.

Also, you're talking to a guy who wiped his paralyzed brother's ass after his motorcycle accident. Using the wheelchair as a sympathy garnering device is both insulting and patronizing. You should be ashamed of yourself. They're just as capable as anyone else to lead a full and productive life ____ posting on the Internet.

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

If he's got enough energy to ____ post on the Internet, he's got enough energy to not give a dickhole answer. Don't want to be treated like a dickhole, don't be a dickhole.

Also, you're talking to a guy who wiped his paralyzed brother's ass after his motorcycle accident. Using the wheelchair as a sympathy garnering device is both insulting and patronizing. You should be ashamed of yourself. They're just as capable as anyone else to lead a full and productive life ____ posting on the Internet.

- Doc

If you'll notice, I haven't responded to any of those types of mock posts until now for those very same reasons. Yes, he has a right to post here without sympathy seeking or people seeking sympathy on his behalf. No question about it.

Some of my people have been disabled since birth and others have developed disabilities along the way. I'm no stranger to disability.

My comments have nothing to do with sympathy, they have to do with what crosses a line from my own perspective. He may even disagree himself with what I stated. I didn't address simply the wheel chair, go back and read my post and notice what I went after first based on your own words. It was the choking bit.

I'm never ashamed of myself for straight up speaking my mind on this board or IRL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 pm 
God

I think if he has dysphagia swallowing his own tongue is the least of his worries.

Now you have two things to feel bad about.

Doc - 2

Jersey Girl - 0

Respectfully,

Your superior in every way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I think if he has dysphagia swallowing his own tongue is the least of his worries.

Now you have two things to feel bad about.

Doc - 2

Jersey Girl - 0

Respectfully,

Your superior in every way.

I've got exactly nothing to "feel bad" about. Free speech. It's a thing. Don't like it, don't post. Everyone faces criticism here. You're not special.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:

I actually agree with you here. "Methodical" is actually a better adjective in this context than "conservative." I think, though, that both "cautious" and "moderate" are or ought to be implied by the word "methodical." I infer that you probably have no objection to that. Right?

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:

Yes the Manhattan Project was very conservative in it's science. It went from the known principles of atomic decay of uranium established years earlier by French and Germain physicists. Establishing that a nuclear pile reaction could be controlled and maintained. Then experimented with means to achieve a critical mass for that uranium. The US was scared ____ that the German's would beat us to it.

Post subject: Re: Some Different to Talk About
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 pm 
God

The CCC wrote:
Do you believe in UFO's by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson.

SEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... SJElZwEI8o

Thanks for the link. Tyson was in great form.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 pm 
Hermit

Quote:
I thought I'd change the subject for a bit to something I found yesterday. Tom DeLonge, former guitarist for the punk rock band Blink-182 is super interested in the world of UFO's.

I've read about that a little. I'm open to UFOs and at least once a year wind up watching some videos and read up on the latest sightings hoping there's a breakthrough. But I always come away feeling like, there's nowhere near enough solid evidence.

As the power of personal electronics increases, the UFOs recede proportionally into the background to remain equally blurry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:23 pm 
God

[quote="Doctor CamNC4Me"]

That's not how Parkinson's Disease works. I am confined to a Wheel Chair, and take Levodopa and Carbidopa to allow some muscle movement. Eventually this disease will interfere with my breathing muscles and I will die. If I don't inhale some food first. But I'm very careful about that. I'm sure your heart beats a little faster in the enjoyment of that idea.

I live at home with my wife who has become my constant caregiver. She tells me it is because she loves me. I believe her.

The last time I went Trick or Treating was when my kids were little about 36 years ago.

A variety of fruits and vegetables. What else does the good Doctor recommend?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:42 pm 
God

delete

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:55 pm 
God

Black Moclips wrote:

Perhaps the liberal's juices are not sufficiently stimulated due to generations of them being snubbed by alien probers.