It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: From 'Location of Book of Mormon events: Evidence from Joseph Smith Papers'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 7173
Oh yes:

:lol: :lol:

_________________

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 7173
The Dude wrote:
You know, if you provide a counter argument it would actually demonstrate your skills as a thinker and a debater. Your skills as a strawman-detector are not in question. :lol:

Already taken care of.

:lol: :lol:

[Mod Scottie: Excessive smilie spam deleted]

_________________

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 pm 
Cupcake Queen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 3171
Daniel Peterson wrote:
The Dude wrote:
You know, if you provide a counter argument it would actually demonstrate your skills as a thinker and a debater. Your skills as a strawman-detector are not in question. :lol:

Already taken care of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Smilie spammer.


KA

_________________
Bicycle Built for Two


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 am 
Cupcake Queen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 3171
Scottie wrote:
antishock8 wrote:
I'm sorry, Fat f***, but when did I say anyone can trust me?

Oh, and that quote is VERY contextual. It's the best Freudian slip I've seen on this board, yet.

[You were warned. We'll see you back in a week.]


Antishock8 was previously warned not to engage in personal attacks. Because he broke the rules again, he has been suspended for a week. Understandable.

What isn't understandable is why Dr. Peterson's smilie spam still remains on this thread. I think the rule of moving posts which contain two or more smilies in a row to Outer Darkness is ridiculous, but if it's indeed a rule, it should be applied consistently. I know at least one moderator on this forum knows of Dr. Peterson's smilie spamming, yet it remains right where it was yesterday.

Other posters on this forum have had posts moved due to smilie spam, including TAK, Jason Bourne, Mercury, and Bond. Is there preferential moderation going on here for Dr. Peterson? Why was his smilie spam not moved to Outer Darkness?

It needs to be moved right away or the other smilie spam posts currently in Outer Darkness should be placed back in the threads from which they were removed.

KA

_________________
Bicycle Built for Two


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm
Posts: 4166
Location: Goddess Suite
[Point well taken, KA.

The excessive smilie spam has been dealt with.]

_________________
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am 
Cupcake Queen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 3171
Scottie wrote:
[Point well taken, KA.

The excessive smilie spam has been dealt with.]


Actually, it hasn't been dealt with appropriately, at least not in my opinion.

The rule states that the smilie spam will be removed to Outer Darkness. That's what happened to other posters' smilie spam. They didn't get the privilege of having a smilie edited out so their posts could remain. I don't think Dr. Peterson should have that privilege then, either.

Also, two or more smilies in a row are inappropriate, as are two or more smilies per paragraph, it seems. See Bond's removed post, currently residing in Outer Darkness, where Dr. Peterson's posts belong.

KA

Edited to Add: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."

_________________
Bicycle Built for Two


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm
Posts: 4166
Location: Goddess Suite
KimberlyAnn wrote:
Actually, it hasn't been dealt with appropriately, at least not in my opinion.

The rule states that the smilie spam will be removed to Outer Darkness. That's what happened to other posters' smilie spam. They didn't get the privilege of having a smilie edited out so their posts could remain. I don't think Dr. Peterson should have that privilege then, either.

Also, two or more smilies in a row are inappropriate, as are two or more smilies per paragraph, it seems. See Bond's removed post, currently residing in Outer Darkness, where Dr. Peterson's posts belong.

KA

[In my opinion, it has been dealt with adequately. Moderators are given leniency to moderate with common sense and I don't know the circumstances of why Bond's post was moved. Would you argue that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is pulled over for speeding should be given a ticket, or are you okay that some are given tickets and some are not depending on a multitude of factors? But your objection is duly noted.]

_________________
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:51 am 
Cupcake Queen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 3171
Scottie wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:
Actually, it hasn't been dealt with appropriately, at least not in my opinion.

The rule states that the smilie spam will be removed to Outer Darkness. That's what happened to other posters' smilie spam. They didn't get the privilege of having a smilie edited out so their posts could remain. I don't think Dr. Peterson should have that privilege then, either.

Also, two or more smilies in a row are inappropriate, as are two or more smilies per paragraph, it seems. See Bond's removed post, currently residing in Outer Darkness, where Dr. Peterson's posts belong.

KA

[In my opinion, it has been dealt with adequately. Moderators are given leniency to moderate with common sense and I don't know the circumstances of why Bond's post was moved. Would you argue that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is pulled over for speeding should be given a ticket, or are you okay that some are given tickets and some are not depending on a multitude of factors? But your objection is duly noted.]


In response, I simply repeat rule #6: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."

It appears there is preferential moderation for Dr. Peterson.

KA

_________________
Bicycle Built for Two


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:52 am 
KimberlyAnn wrote:
Edited to Add: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."


That's a rule that escaped me until now, so I guess I'll have to go over them again. It's quite possible DCP wasn't aware of this either. And it's very unusual for him to use smilies. I can't recall him using them on FAIR, and if he did I missed it, even though FAIR/MAD has loads of smilies to choose from. He's usually quite reserved in that way.

Oh, I forgot: :wink:


Last edited by Ray A on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 am 
Cupcake Queen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 3171
Ray A wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:
Edited to Add: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."


That's a rule that escaped me until now, so I guess I'll have to go over them again. It's quite possible DCP wasn't aware of this either. And it's very unusual for him to use smilies. I can't recall him using them on FAIR, and if he did I missed it, even though FAIR/MAD has loads of smilies to choose from. He's usually quite reserved in that way.


I posit that it is entirely possible that Bond, TAK, Wade Englund, and Jason Bourne were also unaware of the rule, yet that didn't stop mods from moving their posts to Outer Darkness.

Oh, and I'll drop the issue here because it's ruining Chap's thread. I'm sorry, Chap.

If I feel the need, I'll start a new thread.



KA

_________________
Bicycle Built for Two


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am 
KimberlyAnn wrote:
I posit that it is entirely possible that Bond, TAK, Wade Englund, and Jason Bourne were also unaware of the rule, yet that didn't stop mods from moving their posts to Outer Darkness.


I'm not making call on that because I don't know any of those circumstances, just noting my experience with DCP. I wasn't aware of the rule I'm sure there are many others who weren't either.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group