It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From 'Location of Book of Mormon events: Evidence from Joseph Smith Papers'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate

Oh yes:

:lol: :lol:

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.

Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm 
Seething Cauldron of Hate

The Dude wrote:
You know, if you provide a counter argument it would actually demonstrate your skills as a thinker and a debater. Your skills as a strawman-detector are not in question. :lol:

Already taken care of.

:lol: :lol:

[Mod Scottie: Excessive smilie spam deleted]

http://mormonscholarstestify.org
http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/testimonies

I quote dead people.

Post subject: Re: Location of Book of Mormon events: evidence from Joseph Smith Papers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 pm 
Cupcake Queen

Daniel Peterson wrote:
The Dude wrote:
You know, if you provide a counter argument it would actually demonstrate your skills as a thinker and a debater. Your skills as a strawman-detector are not in question. :lol:

Already taken care of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Smilie spammer.

KA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 am 
Cupcake Queen

Scottie wrote:
antishock8 wrote:
I'm sorry, Fat f***, but when did I say anyone can trust me?

Oh, and that quote is VERY contextual. It's the best Freudian slip I've seen on this board, yet.

[You were warned. We'll see you back in a week.]

Antishock8 was previously warned not to engage in personal attacks. Because he broke the rules again, he has been suspended for a week. Understandable.

What isn't understandable is why Dr. Peterson's smilie spam still remains on this thread. I think the rule of moving posts which contain two or more smilies in a row to Outer Darkness is ridiculous, but if it's indeed a rule, it should be applied consistently. I know at least one moderator on this forum knows of Dr. Peterson's smilie spamming, yet it remains right where it was yesterday.

Other posters on this forum have had posts moved due to smilie spam, including TAK, Jason Bourne, Mercury, and Bond. Is there preferential moderation going on here for Dr. Peterson? Why was his smilie spam not moved to Outer Darkness?

It needs to be moved right away or the other smilie spam posts currently in Outer Darkness should be placed back in the threads from which they were removed.

KA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am 
God

[Point well taken, KA.

The excessive smilie spam has been dealt with.]

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am 
Cupcake Queen

Scottie wrote:
[Point well taken, KA.

The excessive smilie spam has been dealt with.]

Actually, it hasn't been dealt with appropriately, at least not in my opinion.

The rule states that the smilie spam will be removed to Outer Darkness. That's what happened to other posters' smilie spam. They didn't get the privilege of having a smilie edited out so their posts could remain. I don't think Dr. Peterson should have that privilege then, either.

Also, two or more smilies in a row are inappropriate, as are two or more smilies per paragraph, it seems. See Bond's removed post, currently residing in Outer Darkness, where Dr. Peterson's posts belong.

KA

Edited to Add: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am 
God

KimberlyAnn wrote:

The rule states that the smilie spam will be removed to Outer Darkness. That's what happened to other posters' smilie spam. They didn't get the privilege of having a smilie edited out so their posts could remain. I don't think Dr. Peterson should have that privilege then, either.

Also, two or more smilies in a row are inappropriate, as are two or more smilies per paragraph, it seems. See Bond's removed post, currently residing in Outer Darkness, where Dr. Peterson's posts belong.

KA

[In my opinion, it has been dealt with adequately. Moderators are given leniency to moderate with common sense and I don't know the circumstances of why Bond's post was moved. Would you argue that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is pulled over for speeding should be given a ticket, or are you okay that some are given tickets and some are not depending on a multitude of factors? But your objection is duly noted.]

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:51 am 
Cupcake Queen

Scottie wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:

KA

[In my opinion, it has been dealt with adequately. Moderators are given leniency to moderate with common sense and I don't know the circumstances of why Bond's post was moved. Would you argue that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is pulled over for speeding should be given a ticket, or are you okay that some are given tickets and some are not depending on a multitude of factors? But your objection is duly noted.]

In response, I simply repeat rule #6: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."

It appears there is preferential moderation for Dr. Peterson.

KA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:52 am 
KimberlyAnn wrote:
Edited to Add: "Do not overuse smilies. If there is more than one smilie per paragraph, or if there are two or more smilies in a row, it'll be considered "smilie-spam" and immediately moved to the Outer Darkness Forum."

That's a rule that escaped me until now, so I guess I'll have to go over them again. It's quite possible DCP wasn't aware of this either. And it's very unusual for him to use smilies. I can't recall him using them on FAIR, and if he did I missed it, even though FAIR/MAD has loads of smilies to choose from. He's usually quite reserved in that way.

Oh, I forgot: :wink:

Last edited by Ray A on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 am 
Cupcake Queen

Ray A wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:

That's a rule that escaped me until now, so I guess I'll have to go over them again. It's quite possible DCP wasn't aware of this either. And it's very unusual for him to use smilies. I can't recall him using them on FAIR, and if he did I missed it, even though FAIR/MAD has loads of smilies to choose from. He's usually quite reserved in that way.

I posit that it is entirely possible that Bond, TAK, Wade Englund, and Jason Bourne were also unaware of the rule, yet that didn't stop mods from moving their posts to Outer Darkness.

Oh, and I'll drop the issue here because it's ruining Chap's thread. I'm sorry, Chap.

If I feel the need, I'll start a new thread.

KA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am 
KimberlyAnn wrote:
I posit that it is entirely possible that Bond, TAK, Wade Englund, and Jason Bourne were also unaware of the rule, yet that didn't stop mods from moving their posts to Outer Darkness.

I'm not making call on that because I don't know any of those circumstances, just noting my experience with DCP. I wasn't aware of the rule I'm sure there are many others who weren't either.