It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Derailments from ''Are you against gay marriage?''
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:38 pm 
tired, less active investigator

Some Schmo wrote:
Being the faithful bible adherents we are, I always hate it when my wife's cycle arrives, because I can't sit anywhere she sits. It wouldn't be so bad except she keeps rushing to the couch before I can get there.

Good thing we have more than one toilet.

2015/04/11

White House Installs First Gender-Neutral Toilet

- http://article.wn.com/view/2015/04/11/W ... al_Toilet/ -

Post subject: Re: Are you against gay marriage?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:42 am 

pashaman wrote:
ludwigm wrote:
-
Why is there so much insanity that comes out to the middle east? I'm not just talking about Islam. I'm talking about all of the religions that come out of there. Let's not forget that at one point, the Hebrews were far more dangerous than the present day Islamists. At least the most radical followers of Islam, like ISIS, only slaughter all the men and then carry away the children and women as captives and slaves. The ancient Hebrews would kill everything and everyone. Your damn cows weren't even safe. So, again, what is it with the middle east? Has the sun over there been baking people's brains for the last, I don't know, 2 or 3 thousand years? Will the world ever escape the insanity of middle eastern religion?

The middle east biased alien god (ask Tobin about that entity...) landed there.

BTW
Some other aliens landed in Budapest, two millenia later.
Theodore von Kármán, John von Neumann, Leo Szilárd, Edward Teller were born at that time... Do You know the names?
- [#img] http://tudtor.kfki.hu//tudos1/MARSL1.jpg[/img] -

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:08 pm 
God

pashaman wrote:
ludwigm wrote:
-
Why is there so much insanity that comes out to the middle east? I'm not just talking about Islam. I'm talking about all of the religions that come out of there. Let's not forget that at one point, the Hebrews were far more dangerous than the present day Islamists. At least the most radical followers of Islam, like ISIS, only slaughter all the men and then carry away the children and women as captives and slaves. The ancient Hebrews would kill everything and everyone. Your damn cows weren't even safe. So, again, what is it with the middle east? Has the sun over there been baking people's brains for the last, I don't know, 2 or 3 thousand years? Will the world ever escape the insanity of middle eastern religion?

ludwigm wrote:
The middle east biased alien god (ask Tobin about that entity...) landed there.

BTW
Theodore von Kármán, John von Neumann, Leo Szilárd, Edward Teller were born at that time... Do You know the names?
- Image -

I don't recognise the name "Kármán", but the others are legends in the world of math/science.

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:35 pm 

malkie wrote:
I don't recognise the name "Kármán" ...
Oh, our acute accents!

See Theodore von Kármán, even Theodore von Karman Medal.

Quote:
Theodore von Kármán (Hungarian: Szőllőskislaki Kármán Tódor; May 11, 1881 – May 6, 1963) was a Hungarian-American mathematician, aerospace engineer and physicist who was active primarily in the fields of aeronautics and astronautics. He is responsible for many key advances in aerodynamics, notably his work on supersonic and hypersonic airflow characterization. He is regarded as the outstanding aerodynamic theoretician of the twentieth century.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:08 pm 
Priest

ludwigm wrote:
BTW
- [#img] http://tudtor.kfki.hu//tudos1/MARSL1.jpg[/img] -

Can't say that I do, before my google search. I'm not up on my Hungarian history. :-(

Looks like they were Hungarian aliens who landed in America, though.

┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 pm 

pashaman wrote:
Looks like they were Hungarian aliens who landed in America, though.

Quote:
Landing in Hollywood

- Legend has it that Hollywood was founded by Hungarians. (At least in part.) - Sándor Korda was born in Hungary, in the fateful year 1919 he emigrated to Germany, from there to Hollywood, but reached the peak of his career in England (The Private Life of Henry VIII and Lady Hamilton), and became Sir Alexander Korda. The names of Hungarians in Hollywood make a long list, from Adolf Zukor - born in Ricse (Paramount Pictures) to William Fox - born in Tolcsva, near Tokaj (20th Century Fox) as founders; from Michael Curtiz - born in Budapest (Casablanca and The Adventures of Robin Hood) to Andy Vajna - born in Budapest (Rambo and Evita) as directors; from Menyhard Lengyel ( Typhoon and Ninotshka) to Joe Esterhas - born in Csákánydoroszló (Flashdance and Basic Instinct, working now on a script about the 1956 revolt of Hungary) as screenwriters; from Laszlo Kovacs - born in Budapest (Easy Riders and Free Willy) to Willy Zigmond (Close Encounter of the Third Kind and The Dear Hunter) as cinematographers; from Bela Lugosi - born in Lugos (Frankenstein and Dracula) to Zsa Zsa Gabor - born in Budapest (Moulin Rouge and A Nightmare on Elm Street) as actors, and so on. A special attraction to atoms has been shown by Ciccolina - born as Ilona Staller in Budapest (in her Orgia Atomica). There is also a list of second generation Hungarian actors like Tony Curtis - fluent in Hungarian (stylishly the Lobster Man from Mars and The Boston Strangler who Likes it Hot) through Paul Newman ( The Sting, then Exodus, followed by a Long Hot Summer) up to Leslie Howard - born László Steiner (A Free Soul, later The Scarlet Pimpernel, to be Captured! and then Gone with the Wind). (Howard was wounded in World War I; while flying an airplane near Gibraltar on a secret mission in World War II he was shot down in action, according to myth at the direct order of Hitler. ) Hungarians have been laureated by Oscar Awards: George Cukor (director), József Rufusz (cartoon director), Vilmos Zsigmond (cinematographer), Adolf Zukor (for life's work). On the wall of Zukor's office there was an inscription:

TO BE A HUNGARIAN IS NOT ENOUGH.

Warning: please read this above very fast! It will be moved to Outer Darkness in no minute...