It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Derailment from ''Mormon temple lawn turns brown...''
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:50 pm 
tired, less active investigator

Cutting out the heart of one (or of hundreds or thousands) living human was a sacred action by priests. Aztec? Mayan? Mexican? (or Lamanite, Nephite... anyway, it is the same time frame and the same space...)
At the time it was The Only One Church.
Time is changing.

Quasimodo wrote:
At the time it was a little annoying. Now I find it funny.
Funny?
Quote:
Tlacaellel, the 89-year-old Aztec ruler, dedicated the new temple pyramid of the sun, dedicated to the two chief gods of the Aztec pantheon — Huitzilopochtli and Tezcatlipoca, (the god of hell and darkness) — in the center of Tenochtitlan (later Mexico City). The temple pyramid was 100 feet high with 114 steps to reach the top. More than 80,000 men were sacrificed over a period of four days and four nights. One can only imagine the flow of blood and the piles of bodies from this dedication. (While this number of sacrifices seems incredible, evidence indicates it took only 15 seconds to cut the heart out of each victim.)

OK, we left the brown temple lawn in California. Back to it:
Along Danube, we have enough water --- as of yet.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZUgTQVPkY --- Neujahrskonzert 1.1.2010. An der schönen blauen Donau (Donau Waltzer) Georges Pretre ---
From 3:54 to 4:30 it shows Budapest ...

In 10 minutes, we are wandering along Danube (2,860 km - 1,777 mi) from Donaueschingen Germany) to Donaudelta (Romania).

Post subject: Derailment from ''Mormon temple lawn turns brown...''
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 pm 

Quasimodo wrote:

My answer to this comment can be read on Outer Darkness, here.

Post subject: From ''Mormon temple lawn turns brown''
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:41 pm 

Quasimodo wrote:
For me, it's my own little inside joke. When I was growing up in Salt Lake City, people I didn't know were always asking me if I belonged to the Church as if it was the only church that existed.

Please, Quasimodo, read my answer to this comment somewhere nethermore in the abyss.. You will find it ...