DC Comics Jesus

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: DC Comics Jesus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:What I don't get with you is that you hang around here and yet are not the least interested in GOD or proof -- one way or another. I certainly don't hang around atheist sights. At least Mormons accept the Bible as do Muslims. They just add, subtract and believe works will get them a special spot in GOD's heaven. But you are simply wasting your time ----------------- unless you are in fact really interested...

I study religion. I study you, Nipper. Not a waste of time at all. I'm very interested in religion but not in the way that you are. :geek:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I'm confused. Little Nipper says he "accept(s) a literal interpretation" of the Bible, yet goes on to demonstrate that he reads the Bible in an allegorical (i.e. a non literal) manner, and that he is free to throw in all sorts of speculations and insinuations that aren't literally in the Bible. Because Steve.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The Bible is full of inconsistencies and contradictions. No need for Little Nipper to be consistent under those circumstances. It helps to think out of the box to make sense of it all.

------------

An LDS child may repeat that the Chuutch is twwoo and feel the same way about Santa Claus, but you would not expect that child to rank the Church as highly as Santa Claus.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace