It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:

The trinity is a fiction that people are willing to kill each other over. The concept solves no problems, creates no avenue for research or data, is unfalsifiable. It's an evolved fantasy to obscure numerous logical fallacies. At this point it's basically a feature in marketing that's more sizzle than steak. :lol:

Now if humans want to acknowledge that reality is complex, that beings have many constituent and seemingly contrary parts, you will find me in agreement. But the trinity wars are artifacts of cult warfare, tribal identity signifiers without intrinsic content or worth, more valuable as weaponized against competing tribes/factions.

Maksukov,
The trinity wars??? sounds like star wars. What specifically are you referring to? I know of nobody willing to kill over the doctrine of the trinity. ( except perhaps some Islamic extremist )

I agree that no objective experiment will determine the accuracy or lack of accuracy for the formulae. On the other hand I have no idea what sort logical fallacies you see the trinity evolving to obscure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 pm 
God

huckelberry wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

The trinity is a fiction that people are willing to kill each other over. The concept solves no problems, creates no avenue for research or data, is unfalsifiable. It's an evolved fantasy to obscure numerous logical fallacies. At this point it's basically a feature in marketing that's more sizzle than steak. :lol:

Now if humans want to acknowledge that reality is complex, that beings have many constituent and seemingly contrary parts, you will find me in agreement. But the trinity wars are artifacts of cult warfare, tribal identity signifiers without intrinsic content or worth, more valuable as weaponized against competing tribes/factions.

Maksukov,
The trinity wars??? sounds like star wars. What specifically are you referring to? I know of nobody willing to kill over the doctrine of the trinity. ( except perhaps some Islamic extremist )

I agree that no objective experiment will determine the accuracy or lack of accuracy for the formulae. On the other hand I have no idea what sort logical fallacies you see the trinity evolving to obscure.

Disagreement with the trinity promulgated in the Constantinian era made people heretics. Heretics were targeted for torture and killing from early on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... l_heresies

There is no unitary Christian view of the trinity. The concept is sectarian, the conflicts are about internal power dynamics and not about divinity, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:59 pm 
God

Maksutov.

Ok, so trinity wars refers to the 4 and 5th century Roman Empire and the emperor's desire to hold a fragmenting empire together.

I wonder why people found something worth arguing about there? Why not just say ok whenever the emperor changed and had a different view? This question is a different way of asking what logical fallacies were being covered over by the Trinity doctrine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am 
God

huckelberry wrote:
Maksutov.

Ok, so trinity wars refers to the 4 and 5th century Roman Empire and the emperor's desire to hold a fragmenting empire together.

I wonder why people found something worth arguing about there? Why not just say ok whenever the emperor changed and had a different view? This question is a different way of asking what logical fallacies were being covered over by the Trinity doctrine.

People fought over what day the Sabbath was on. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:35 am 
God

The Trinity explained below

https://i.imgur.com/tJmtomW.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am 
God

Mittens wrote:
The Trinity explained below

https://i.imgur.com/tJmtomW.jpg

https://www.unitarian.org.uk/pages/unit ... -explained

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
Which only goes to demonstrate that --- “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll be sure to fall for anything.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:26 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Which only goes to demonstrate that --- “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll be sure to fall for anything.”

I didn't know you were a follower of Hinckley. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Not quite, I didn't know that you were a UNITARIAN... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Not quite, I didn't know that you were a UNITARIAN... :wink:

I've attended the First Unitarian Church in Salt Lake City before. Nice folks. :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 pm 
God

The Book of Mormon teaches only One God and never suggests any more

Alma 11:

26 And Zeezrom said unto him: Thou sayest there is a true and living God?

27 And Amulek said: Yea, there is a true and living God.

28 Now Zeezrom said: Is there more than one God?

29 And he answered, No.

1 Nephi 13: 41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.

Book of Moses 1:

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.