It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Born Again
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 pm 
God

Here we have the inherent differences between a Bible Believing Born-again Christian and the Book of Mormon believing CJCLDS in good standing as expressed by a former Mormon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5pQV_Vf3Hc

Last edited by LittleNipper on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Born Again
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am 
God

I was born right the first time. :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:12 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
Well, then you will not get grey hair, or lose it. You will never need glasses. And you will not wrinkle. In fact you will live forever. So tell me how that goes...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Well, then you will not get grey hair, or lose it. You will never need glasses. And you will not wrinkle. In fact you will live forever. So tell me how that goes...

I have no complaints.

You really believe in Original Sin? That we only die because of something something Genesis Bible something? :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:17 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

I have no complaints.

You really believe in Original Sin? That we only die because of something something Genesis Bible something? :biggrin:
Old age stinks --- if you live so long. The original sin was the thought that GOD was withholding knowledge that would make us just like Him. And we have been trying to be God ever since. Read the Genesis account. What does the serpent say? What do Mormons say? Think on that !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Old age stinks --- if you live so long. The original sin was the thought that GOD was withholding knowledge that would make us just like Him. And we have been trying to be God ever since. Read the Genesis account. What does the serpent say? What do Mormons say? Think on that !

Well, can't argue with someone who has a talking serpent on their side. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
I have no complaints.

Getting old beats the alternative.

Yeah, I've thought on that. I think it was made up to explain stuff before they had a sense of history or science. We know better now. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:07 pm 
God

Bjorn Again are a great tribute band.

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:54 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Yeah, I've thought on that. I think it was made up to explain stuff before they had a sense of history or science. We know better now. :cool:
Even in public high school, I had a history teacher who "profoundly" said to the class, "Either you are going to die young, or you are going to die old; however, you are going to die someday."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:00 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
Bjorn Again are a great tribute band.
ABBA was OK for Swedes. I believe Aussies should do something else and even better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Even in public high school, I had a history teacher who "profoundly" said to the class, "Either you are going to die young, or you are going to die old; however, you are going to die someday."

Yep. Gonna die. Always knew that. Except I always really believed it, not that I would be magically transported in some ethereal form to some supernatural realm. Life isn't always what you want, it's mostly what is. I am a finite being and that means my lifespan is, too. No reason for me to hang around for eternity.

Sprout and flower
Fruit and fall
It is enough
It is all

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:24 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Yep. Gonna die. Always knew that. Except I always really believed it, not that I would be magically transported in some ethereal form to some supernatural realm. Life isn't always what you want, it's mostly what is. I am a finite being and that means my lifespan is, too. No reason for me to hang around for eternity.

Sprout and flower
Fruit and fall
It is enough
It is all

How do you KNOW that this is all there is? What proof do you have that makes you deny the future?

For everybody
will die...
And afterwards
comes the judgement!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:27 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
How do you KNOW that this is all there is? What proof do you have that makes you deny the future?

For everybody
will die...
And afterwards
comes the judgement!

Pot meet Kettle? How do you KNOW there is a magical hidden reality?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:13 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Sprout and flower
Fruit and fall
It is enough
It is all

For everybody
will die...
And afterwards
comes the judgement!

No evidence for it, but a million different religious groups claim the same thing. And they all "judge" differently.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:29 am 
God

Try to convince you that you are broken, so that they might peddle you the cure.

All of which is metaphysical and un evidenced.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:42 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

For everybody
will die...
And afterwards
comes the judgement!

No evidence for it, but a million different religious groups claim the same thing. And they all "judge" differently.

They don't judge you at all. Only GOD can judge you. And unless you accept the Lord Jesus' death as payment for your sins (and you know exactly what sin is), you are already doomed to eternal separation from GOD. Born-again Presbyterians, Methodists, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Baptists, Mennonites, Moravians, Quakers, Puritans, Baptists, Pentecostals, Huguenots, Russian & Greek Orthodox, and Messianic Jews will all tell you the exact same thing ---- and use the Bible to say, "John 3:16 For GOD so loved the world that He gave His ONLY begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

PS> You'd be had pressed to name a million different religions. Let's just say that those that reject the Bible do not know they are lost.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:05 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
PS> You'd be had pressed to name a million different religions. Let's just say that those that reject the Bible do not know they are lost.

Let's just say those who believe the Bible don't know that they have been duoed and are suckas.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:42 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Let's just say those who believe the Bible don't know that they have been duoed and are suckas.

Let's just say that those that believe Darwin are in for a real shock. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:56 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:

What happens to those of us who are "born again" and who are knowledgeable of the facts that establish evolution though the details of the theory continue to get hammered out? You see, just before joining the LDS church as a youth a Christian friend dragged me to see Billy Graham. I went up afterwards and accepted Christ, so there. :lol: Once saved always saved, I've got nothing to worry about Nipper. Your god's unjust system of salvation has me covered. It's kind of like the 2nd anointing thingy in Mormonism that supposedly covers those who receive it. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: back atcha. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 pm 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

What happens to those of us who are "born again" and who are knowledgeable of the facts that establish evolution though the details of the theory continue to get hammered out? You see, just before joining the LDS church as a youth a Christian friend dragged me to see Billy Graham. I went up afterwards and accepted Christ, so there. :lol: Once saved always saved, I've got nothing to worry about Nipper. Your god's unjust system of salvation has me covered. It's kind of like the 2nd anointing thingy in Mormonism that supposedly covers those who receive it. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: back atcha. :lol:

Are you living for Christ or an organization? Man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD look upon one's heart. There is far more evidence today regarding Creation as a theory then ever existed. The perspective regarding Noah's Flood and the Ark were not even regarded and developed 100 years ago. And all the support for Creation is growing far faster than that of evolution. http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm Please provide a full scientific explanation as to how human footprints could exist together with that of dinosaurs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm 
Founder & Visionary

LittleNipper wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5pQV_Vf3Hc

Dear LittleNipper,

Your post is in violation of Universal Rule #10, which reads:

• Do not EVER "link-and-run." If you post a link to something, always explain what's at the other end of the link, why it's important, and what you hope other readers / viewers learn from it. RULE OF THUMB: If it's not worth your time to describe it, then it's not worth our time to click on it.

Therefore, please edit your opening post to bring it into compliance with Universal Rule #10. Thank you.

--Analytics, 09-11-2019