PreJaredites?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

PreJaredites?

Post by _Maksutov »

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/09/ ... years-ago/

Located in Río Pinturas in the province of Santa Cruz, Argentina, this cave contains an exceptional assembly of cave art, made somewhere between 13,000 and 9,500 years ago.

The cave is known as the “Cueva de las Manos” which literally means, “the Cave of Hands”.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: PreJaredites?

Post by _Quasimodo »

Waving Hi from ten thousand years ago. I love history.

Here's one of mine. This one is probably 1,000 to 1,500 years ago. Must be Nephite.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Where's that from, Quasi?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Maksutov wrote:Where's that from, Quasi?

It's in a basaltic arroyo down a rough road about 20 miles Southeast of Barstow CA.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Quasimodo wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Where's that from, Quasi?

It's in a basaltic arroyo down a rough road about 20 miles Southeast of Barstow CA.

Great image, by the way.

I would say that one is NATGEO-worthy.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

DrW wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
Great image, by the way.

Thank you, good Doc! I have a lot of them. It's a hobby. Finding and photographing petroglyphs. Someday I'll put together a book and shamelessly promote it on MDB. :wink:

_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

DrW wrote:
Great image, by the way.

Quasimodo wrote:Thank you, good Doc! I have a lot of them. It's a hobby. Finding and photographing petroglyphs. Someday I'll put together a book and shamelessly promote it on MDB. :wink:

Full color, glossy paper, coffee table book format?

Sign me up.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

DrW wrote:.
pre
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.