Joseph Smith teaches God tells us to LIE

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith teaches God tells us to LIE

Post by _Mittens »

deacon blues wrote:That's why I believe God has to be a God of truth. How can one trust a God who lies? A church which represents God should be the most honest institution on earth.

-Doctrine and Covenants section 132:

37 Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

Does any one here agree Abraham Isaac and Jacob are now gods like Mormon faux scripture teaches

This is obvious contrary to the Book of Mormon and Bible .

1 Nephi 13:
41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_Franktalk
_Emeritus

Post by _Franktalk »

God does not treat any of us special. When you read in the scriptures that God did this or that compare it against what God has done for you. If you have not experienced it then toss it out.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Joseph Smith was a moral relativist Whatever god/Joseph said was right. :rolleyes:
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

SteelHead wrote:And so did Abraham in the Bible, and then god punishes Pharaoh because of Abraham's lie, apparently give the seal of approval to the lie..... Is there a point?

my Bible translation, new living translation , has abram making up the lie/story, not God: genesis 12:31 "As he was approaching the border of egypt, abram said to his wife sarai, "look you are a very beautiful woman. when the egyptians see you, they will say ,this is his wife. let's kill him;then we can have her". so please tell them you are my sister"

God not involved here

just checkin
k