Polygamy Legalized in Utah?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Bgood
_Emeritus

Polygamy Legalized in Utah?

Post by _Bgood »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... titutional

More men are opting out of wanting to get married than women. Polygamy would even up things a bit.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Re: Polygamy Legalized in Utah?

Post by _Bazooka »

Dallin H Oaks has done his part by being eternally married to two women.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

How long before Utah lowers the age of consent to fourteen years old?
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_palerobber
_Emeritus

Post by _palerobber »

from the OP's link:
In a game-changer for the legal fight over same-sex marriage that gives credence to opponents’ “slippery slope” arguments, a federal judge has now ruled that the legal reasoning for same-sex marriage means that laws against polygamy are likewise unconstitutional [...] The Lawrence case lays the foundation that has been cited for a decade now in court to make the case for a constitutional right to same-sex marriage. If government cannot forbid homosexual conduct, this argument goes, then neither can it deny those who define themselves by homosexual behavior to officially recognize any such relationship as a marriage.

no advocate for marriage equality has advanced this absurd argument, and no court decision thus far in favor of marriage equality has rested on such "legal reasoning". this "senior legal analyst" is surprisingly ignorant of the topic upon which he's writing.