The Book of Romans the LDS refuse to heed

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: The Book of Romans the LDS refuse to heed

Post by _subgenius »

Albion wrote:...(snip)...Again, no where in my posts have I stated that the principles of the law are abolished...only the believers' subjection to it for salvation....that is what I am talking about.

goalpost moving duly noted...but, in fact, you clearly stated that the Mosaic Covenant (Law) had been fulfilled....so why would it still be around...except you claim that only some of it need be around...that somehow time and mankind have been able to determine which "Laws" are really applicable...which ones God is still serious about...and which ones He is not serious about.

So, if the Law is now only a "suggestion" then what possible purpose would it serve by being maintained? what possible reason can you assert that would justify anyone adhering to just one of the "excepted" 10 commandments?
If salvation receives no influence from any and all "Laws" then why do insist that some of them are still in force at all?

i have not claimed that Christ did/did not abolish the Law of the Prophets, etc.

Perhaps you could provide a scriptural reference that illuminates your position that the Mosaic Covenant (Law) has been fulfilled except for the 10 commandments ? That Christ has rendered all previous commandments null and void except the 10 commandments....we will all eagerly await your citation.

should be simple, correct?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Albion
_Emeritus

Post by _Albion »

Are you really suggesting that the law was not fullfilled in Christ? The Bible would suggest otherwise...including words directly attributed to Jesus.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

subgenius wrote:
Albion wrote:...(snip)...Again, no where in my posts have I stated that the principles of the law are abolished...only the believers' subjection to it for salvation....that is what I am talking about.

goalpost moving duly noted...but, in fact, you clearly stated that the Mosaic Covenant (Law) had been fulfilled....so why would it still be around...except you claim that only some of it need be around...that somehow time and mankind have been able to determine which "Laws" are really applicable...which ones God is still serious about...and which ones He is not serious about.

So, if the Law is now only a "suggestion" then what possible purpose would it serve by being maintained? what possible reason can you assert that would justify anyone adhering to just one of the "excepted" 10 commandments?
If salvation receives no influence from any and all "Laws" then why do insist that some of them are still in force at all?

i have not claimed that Christ did/did not abolish the Law of the Prophets, etc.

Perhaps you could provide a scriptural reference that illuminates your position that the Mosaic Covenant (Law) has been fulfilled except for the 10 commandments ? That Christ has rendered all previous commandments null and void except the 10 commandments....we will all eagerly await your citation.

should be simple, correct?

BUMP for Albion
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Albion
_Emeritus

Post by _Albion »

Albion wrote:Are you really suggesting that the law was not fullfilled in Christ? The Bible would suggest otherwise...including words directly attributed to Jesus.

B ump for subgenius.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Albion wrote:
Albion wrote:Are you really suggesting that the law was not fullfilled in Christ? The Bible would suggest otherwise...including words directly attributed to Jesus.

B ump for subgenius.

nice dodge (again)
but
i have not suggested anything....simply asked you simple questions that you refuse to answer

your concession is duly noted
_Albion
_Emeritus

Post by _Albion »

I do not intend to respond claims of what you think, wish, twist or otherwise misinterpret from my posts. I will also not respond to the many tangents you introduce in that process. If that is interpreted by you as dodging then so be it...I am not responsible for your obvious ego needs. If you do not accept the Bible as the ultimate word then we have little basis on which to discuss...though I am not sure discussion is what you really want. In the meantime I suggest a good dictionary to look up the word fulfill as to its meaning. The best I know is the Oxford which includes these definitions "1: achieve or realise (something desired, promised, or predicted. 2. satisfy or meet." Definitions fully in keeping with what I have really presented.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

Albion wrote:I do not intend to respond claims of what you think, wish, twist or otherwise misinterpret from my posts. I will also not respond to the many tangents you introduce in that process. If that is interpreted by you as dodging then so be it...I am not responsible for your obvious ego needs. If you do not accept the Bible as the ultimate word then we have little basis on which to discuss...though I am not sure discussion is what you really want. In the meantime I suggest a good dictionary to look up the word fulfill as to its meaning. The best I know is the Oxford which includes these definitions "1: achieve or realise (something desired, promised, or predicted. 2. satisfy or meet." Definitions fully in keeping with what I have really presented.

In other words, Albion doesn't feel the need to explain himself or his baseless assertions. We just have to take his word for it that his is the only true understanding of Christianity, Mormonism, the Bible, and so on. And if he wishes to discuss something, he'll let us know. Otherwise, he'll just require his critics to read the dictionary or other general reference material instead.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom