Any active, but disbelievers in your ward? (Xpost from TC)

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Doodleboss
_Emeritus

Any active, but disbelievers in your ward? (Xpost from TC)

Post by _Doodleboss »

So, I have extended family that is LDS in Idaho and every time we visit we do a lot of church related activities (both volunteer and fun stuff) and I have a blast. My girlfriend also goes to the Relief Society events and she loves those too. Everybody in the ward knows we are just visiting family so it isn't weird I don't know if they think we are believers or not.

I don't believe it at all, but I want to do the same thing here were I live (Northern CA). Do any of you have any non believers that are active in your branch or ward?

Yes I know I am weird :) But half of me comes from Pioneer stock and these are my people.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: Any active, but disbelievers in your ward? (Xpost from T

Post by _Tobin »

Doodleboss wrote:So, I have extended family that is LDS in Idaho and every time we visit we do a lot of church related activities (both volunteer and fun stuff) and I have a blast. My girlfriend also goes to the Relief Society events and she loves those too. Everybody in the ward knows we are just visiting family so it isn't weird I don't know if they think we are believers or not.

I don't believe it at all, but I want to do the same thing here were I live (Northern CA). Do any of you have any non believers that are active in your branch or ward?

Yes I know I am weird :) But half of me comes from Pioneer stock and these are my people.

I've given you my advice in another thread given what I do, so I'm just wishing you well in this one and the best of luck in whatever you decide.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom