Is hell enough as punishment?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Re: Is hell enough as punishment?

Post by _Bazooka »

subgenius wrote:
ludwigm wrote:
--- by the way no Bible uses the word telepathy, so it doesn't exist.

ouch...it actually does - you should read the scriptures before you so earnestly condemn them.

Hebrew is quite clear, and deliberate, in its use of telepathy.
reference information about Abraham's servant seeking a wife for Isaac.
also reference Psalms
and the Torah teaches about the 5 powers of the soul...guess what?...yep...telepathy is one of them.

In Hebrew the root for telepathy (telepatia) is rooted in the word for prayer. God is noted several times of having telepathy throughout the scriptures. Also learn about the tzaddikim.

Can you show us in the scriptures where the actual word 'telepathy' is printed?
Because that's what ludwigm stated, that "no Bible uses the word (not the idea/principle/practice) telepathy ...."

On you go now....
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Bazooka wrote:Can you show us in the scriptures where the actual word 'telepathy' is printed?
Because that's what ludwigm stated, that "no Bible uses the word (not the idea/principle/practice) telepathy ...."

On you go now....

seeing as how the term was coined in 1882 by Fred Myers.....
i suppose that was Ludwig's loophole....the fact that the Bible does not provide the word "Google" means that no one could have ever searched for information before.

Nevertheless, i provided a few of the references that share the Hebrew root for the modern term "telepathy".
which is enough for any sensible person to discern that Ludwig's assertion was incorrect.
If Ludwig was otherwise just being semantic then his point was already lost.

now come on then
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

subgenius wrote:
Bazooka wrote:Can you show us in the scriptures where the actual word 'telepathy' is printed?

On you go now....

seeing as how the term was coined in 1882 by Fred Myers.....
i suppose that was Ludwig's loophole....the fact that the Bible does not provide the word "Google" means that no one could have ever searched for information before.

Nevertheless, i provided a few of the references that share the Hebrew root for the modern term "telepathy".
which is enough for any sensible person to discern that Ludwig's assertion was incorrect.
If Ludwig was otherwise just being semantic then his point was already lost.

now come on then

So, no, you can't show us where the word telpathy is actually used in the scriptures.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Bazooka wrote:
So, no, you can't show us where the word telpathy is actually used in the scriptures.

bazooka logic =
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

subgenius wrote:Hebrew is quite clear, and deliberate, in its use of telepathy.
also reference Psalms
and the Torah teaches about the 5 powers of the soul...guess what?...yep...telepathy is one of them.

In Hebrew the root for telepathy (telepatia) is rooted in the word for prayer. God is noted several times of having telepathy throughout the scriptures. Also learn about the tzaddikim.

This sounds very interesting. Would you be so kind as to point out some of the chapters and verses of the Bible that make specific reference to telepathic phenomena, and that are not open to multiple, conflicting interpretations?

And while you're at it, would you also provide some legitimate references to rigorous, peer-reviewed research demonstrating the existence of human telepathy and any related phenomena?

Thank you.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:
subgenius wrote:Hebrew is quite clear, and deliberate, in its use of telepathy.
also reference Psalms

This sounds very interesting. Would you be so kind as to point out some of the chapters and verses of the Bible that make specific reference to telepathic phenomena, and that are not open to multiple, conflicting interpretations?

And while you're at it, would you also provide some legitimate references to rigorous, peer-reviewed research demonstrating the existence of human telepathy and any related phenomena?

Thank you.

aside from your juvenile attempt to impose "conditions" upon "legitimate reference(s)", one cannot help but assume you have, once again, began posting about subjects that are both beyond your grasp and reach.

knock knock
TEA "who's there?"
its me, Mr.Come-Out-From-Under-That-Rock
TEA "go, away"

"...the story of Hans Berger, the German who recorded the first human electroencephalogram (EEG) in 1924, who fell while riding a horse and was almost run over by a team of horses racing down the road inches from his head. His sister, many miles away, sensed the danger and insisted that her father send a telegram to find out what was wrong. She had never sent a telegram before, and the experience left Burger so curious that he switched from studying math and astronomy to medicine hoping to discover the source of that psychic energy.

About 100 years later, the explanation is still largely a mystery, but about 200 published experiments reveal mental connections that are “way beyond chance,” Radin said. Not knowing how it works, though, is uncomfortable for many scientists.

“Looking at the experiments and the data, it’s very clear something is going on,” Radin said. “There is doubt because we don’t have a good explanation for it yet.”

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/lo ... 120212.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmyUEVLRAM

http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Paper ... index.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/two-rats ... -1C8608274

http://books.google.com/books?id=vs91Ap ... -615+(2003)&source=Brian Laundrie&ots=akcY378ZU6&sig=g1eGKfSTVNZrLgKcngon-ZksfOs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Zvl8UpnDO4y1kQeB2YGgCQ&ved=0CE4Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=Journal%20of%20Scientific%20Exploration%2017%2C%20pp.%20601-615%20(2003)&f=false

And then a few basic examples, for you to understand the references i posted before is surely like asking your mind to devour meat after it has been bloated with milk. :wink:

Genesis 6:5
Pslams 94:11
Job 21:27