Questions about "shall be among them as a lion"

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_four seasons
_Emeritus

Questions about "shall be among them as a lion"

Post by _four seasons »

I have questions about 3 Nephi 20:16, which is:
Then shall ye, who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, go forth among them; and ye shall be in the midst of them who shall be many; and ye shall be among them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, and as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he goeth through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

1) Those who "shall be among them as a lion", are they doing God's will when they do that? Will God reward or punish them for that? Can Mormons at a time in the future get the calling to do this? Did this event happen after Jesus talked about it in 3 Nephi 20:16, and where in the Book of Mormon was it told about?
2) When or at what situation shall this be done?
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: Questions about "shall be among them as a lion"

Post by _Tobin »

I don't think you need look further than the modern state of Israel to see that coming true. They are surrounded by enemies, but because they are more advanced than those around them, no Middle-East power can stand against them.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Tobin wrote:I don't think you need look further than the modern state of Israel to see that coming true. They are surrounded by enemies, but because they are more advanced than those around them, no Middle-East power can stand against them.

four seasons wrote:I have questions
Don't listen cionists - or other pandas !
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Charity1
_Emeritus

Post by _Charity1 »

Interesting topic. I think from what I can glean from the Book of Mormon that the only true and living church speaking of many of the active members are so far from true doctrine that they are in danger and that whould make for some interesting goings on related to out physical well being. It would seem before and if that lion were to go on a tare there would be the great seperation of the wicked from the righteous. If you worship the only true and living God and do what HE asks then there is no reason to stress. I apologize for anyone with the time and inclination to read this for my lack of a formal sticking education. and still peace...