Interesting Exercise

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Re: Interesting Exercise

Post by _Bazooka »

subgenius wrote:
Bazooka wrote:...and how does that change your perspective? Been to one Mormon ward, been to 'em all.

hardly

You seem to be suggesting that different Mormon wards do or teach things differently to other Mormon wards.
In which case, please provide an example.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Dr. Shades wrote:
subgenius wrote:i have no patience for scorecards...

In that case, please be sure to give the original author attribution as such.

Thank you.

Perhaps subgenius is really Richard Eyre and therefore doesn't feel the need for proper attribution....
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Dr. Shades wrote:
subgenius wrote:i have no patience for scorecards...

In that case, please be sure to give the original author attribution as such.

Thank you.

that is what the links were for...is something else necessary?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Bazooka wrote:You seem to be suggesting that different Mormon wards do or teach things differently to other Mormon wards.
In which case, please provide an example.

you are the one making suggestions (been to one been to 'em all)...so, please, provide your example of experience.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I thought the person who wrote the OP was the author of the links because there is no indicator other than italics that it is someone else's post.

I tried going to different churches but I found that because I was used to the Mormon church, it is unlikely that I could change. Salvation Army was actually one of my favourites, the only thing that put me off is that the prayed like they were talking and I didn't realise for quite some time that the person was praying.

I suppose I am going to he'll because I sit on the fence.

I find that every Mormon church I have been to is practically the same. The only thing that changes is how clicky the people are. Some wards are very close knit and don't involve others easily but our new ward is really nice and although we've only been twice there are a small number of people that just have that feeling of we have known each other for longer. But I guess I count on the churches being the same so that no matter where I am in life, I know I can just pop along to the Mormon church and find something stable that I can expect to be a particular way.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

subgenius wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:. . . please be sure to give the original author attribution as such.

that is what the links were for...is something else necessary?

See this post by imwashingmypirate:

I thought the person who wrote the OP was the author of the links because there is no indicator other than italics that it is someone else's post.

Thanks to the frequent use of the word "I" in your opening post, I originally thought the same thing.

So, the "what else" that's necessary is to point out that you are not the author of the blog at doubtingmark.wordpress.com. Better yet, put the entire opening post in "quote" tags so that readers will know that "I" doesn't mean you.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley