Maxwell Institute cited in agreement by Salon Article

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Re: Maxwell Institute cited in agreement by Salon Article

Post by _ludwigm »

Big defeats start with small ones.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

gramps wrote:Nelson, on the other forum, you first posted at 1:00p.m. You said here on this forum that you don't read that forum at 1:06. Can you see the problem with your answer 'no?'

Right, so saying 'no' when you had actually read and posted was what? Why are you having a hard time admitting something so simple?

Excellent question with cosmic consequences! The link was posted at 11:46 am (on my system). Although I can't remember when I clicked on the link and entered the forum, if I posted at 1:00 (which would probably be 12:00 in my system), that's afterwards. When I said that I was actually responding as if the state of things were the way they were at the time the original question was posed. Which is why I said I started responding after the link was posted.

Hope that helps!
"It is so hard to believe because it is so hard to obey." - Soren Kierkegaard
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Nelson Chung wrote:
gramps wrote:Nelson, on the other forum, you first posted at 1:00p.m. You said here on this forum that you don't read that forum at 1:06. Can you see the problem with your answer 'no?'

Right, so saying 'no' when you had actually read and posted was what? Why are you having a hard time admitting something so simple?

Excellent question with cosmic consequences! The link was posted at 11:46 am (on my system). Although I can't remember when I clicked on the link and entered the forum, if I posted at 1:00 (which would probably be 12:00 in my system), that's afterwards. When I said that I was actually responding as if the state of things were the way they were at the time the original question was posed. Which is why I said I started responding after the link was posted.

Hope that helps!

Sequence is what is at issue here, not time zone differences. Methinks you will make even a poor apologist. ;) Take care of yourself, Nelson.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Nelson Chung wrote:Excellent question with cosmic consequences! The link was posted at 11:46 am (on my system). Although I can't remember when I clicked on the link and entered the forum, if I posted at 1:00 (which would probably be 12:00 in my system), that's afterwards. When I said that I was actually responding as if the state of things were the way they were at the time the original question was posed. Which is why I said I started responding after the link was posted.

But after you posted the above at 9:29 a.m. on June 25, you made another post in the Terrestrial subforum (at 9:34 a.m. on June 25). You seem to be reading the very forum you claim not to read. What gives?
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Nelson Chung wrote:Excellent question with cosmic consequences! The link was posted at 11:46 am (on my system). Although I can't remember when I clicked on the link and entered the forum, if I posted at 1:00 (which would probably be 12:00 in my system), that's afterwards. When I said that I was actually responding as if the state of things were the way they were at the time the original question was posed. Which is why I said I started responding after the link was posted.

But after you posted the above at 9:29 a.m. on June 25, you made another post in the Terrestrial subforum (at 9:34 a.m. on June 25). You seem to be reading the very forum you claim not to read. What gives?

Rollo, I think only one with an apologist's mind can even begin to grasp his thinking.

Or he is smoking something, and in that case, I say 'Quit being a bogart, Nelson, and pass it along.'

It must be pretty powerful stuff to get him all confused with time like he seems to be.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Yes, I believe I said that I started posting (hence reading, because I can't post without reading) in the subforum after the link was posted.
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

gramps wrote:
Nelson Chung wrote:

Hope that helps!

Sequence is what is at issue here, not time zone differences. Methinks you will make even a poor apologist. ;) Take care of yourself, Nelson.

You will make a poor data analyst. I brought up time zone differences only to make sure I was comparing apples and apples.