It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: And of tenets thou shalt not talk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am
Posts: 6049
Location: Get ready to feel the THUNDER!
LittleNipper wrote:
Tobin wrote:
Fascinating. So according to you, the Bible renders God unable to speak ever again.

I believe that what God wanted/needed to say to a sinful world, God has already stated perfectly through the Bible medium. What God will say in the future has no further need of being recorded because believers will see Christ face to face.
Why? Is God going to banish pen and paper in the future or other recording medium?

And if God is going to speak to us yet again. What prevents God from speaking to us now? It would seem that IF God can speak (and the Bible doesn't magically preclude God from doing so), then there is nothing to prevent us from receiving scriptures today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And of tenets thou shalt not talk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 am 
First Presidency
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 pm
Posts: 809
LittleNipper wrote:
I believe that what God wanted/needed to say to a sinful world, God has already stated perfectly through the Bible medium. What God will say in the future has no further need of being recorded because believers will see Christ face to face.


Hello LittleNipper!

I came across something in the OT yesterday which had not before made much of an impact on me. I feel it is appropriate to bring this to your attention at this time. This was written by Solomon. Being the wisest man who ever lived upon our earth (and indeed God had granted to Solomon the most wisdom of any man), and as a Prophet, Solomon would have known about the Plan of Salvation, and that Jesus would come in the flesh and become our Savior; IOW, Solomon knew the Gospel message as did the Prophets who lived both before and after him.

Proverbs 30:4-6 (KJV) (emphasis mine)

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.


Just food for thought, as I think this passage, according to your belief system, should (if you were to honestly apply your beliefs here) dismiss anything else canonized in the Bible which appears after these words. Hopefully, therefore, you may reconsider your current stance.

Blessings,

jo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And of tenets thou shalt not talk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 am 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2344
jo1952 wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
I believe that what God wanted/needed to say to a sinful world, God has already stated perfectly through the Bible medium. What God will say in the future has no further need of being recorded because believers will see Christ face to face.


Hello LittleNipper!

I came across something in the OT yesterday which had not before made much of an impact on me. I feel it is appropriate to bring this to your attention at this time. This was written by Solomon. Being the wisest man who ever lived upon our earth (and indeed God had granted to Solomon the most wisdom of any man), and as a Prophet, Solomon would have known about the Plan of Salvation, and that Jesus would come in the flesh and become our Savior; IOW, Solomon knew the Gospel message as did the Prophets who lived both before and after him.

Proverbs 30:4-6 (KJV) (emphasis mine)

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.


Just food for thought, as I think this passage, according to your belief system, should (if you were to honestly apply your beliefs here) dismiss anything else canonized in the Bible which appears after these words. Hopefully, therefore, you may reconsider your current stance.

Blessings,

jo

I am being honest when I state that what was said in the Old Testament was historic (when, where & why) and prophetic of things to come. That which was stated in the New Testament was historic (when, where & why) and prophetic. This all leads to the message of Salvation. It all points to Christ. What Jesus came to do is fininished. The Church is established. The additional prophetic message of the end times is not to be added to (sealed as it were). God already wrote His love letter and signed it. Now it is up to us to accept it or reject it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And of tenets thou shalt not talk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 am 
First Presidency
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 pm
Posts: 809
LittleNipper wrote:
I am being honest when I state that what was said in the Old Testament was historic (when, where & why) and prophetic of things to come. That which was stated in the New Testament was historic (when, where & why) and prophetic. This all leads to the message of Salvation. It all points to Christ. What Jesus came to do is fininished. The Church is established. The additional prophetic message of the end times is not to be added to (sealed as it were). God already wrote His love letter and signed it. Now it is up to us to accept it or reject it.


Hi LittleNipper!

Yes, I know you are being honest. I see no deceit in your postings. (Alas, I am unable to say the same thing for all posters.)

Inasmuch as I disagree with your conclusion, I do understand why you have come to your particular conclusion. The reason I just keep sharing what I believe and why I believe the way I do, is not only for the poster I am responding to. I do hope, though, that whoever I am responding to may someday remember the seed that was planted. My posts are shared to everyone who may happen to come across and read them. I do not doubt that this is your desire as well.

You are kind and patient in your posts; it is clear to me that you are trying to show God that you love Him, and are doing your best to share Him with others. Also, it is clear that you are trying to keep the two great commandments. I look forward to meeting your sweet spirit in Heaven.

Peace and many blessings to you on your journey!!

jo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group