Peterson, Bradford and the Holy Ghost...

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Peterson, Bradford and the Holy Ghost...

Post by _Drifting »

Peterson and Bradford receive their stipend from tithing funds.
As such, I am sure both men prayerfully consult with the Holy Ghost when writing and making decsions in regards to their roles within the MI.

Now that they are in direct opposition, which one has the official promptings of the Holy Ghost?

And why didn't the HG prompt DCP to change his style because God wants less ad hom and more scholarly discussion of the actual facts?
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_Servant
_Emeritus

Re: Peterson, Bradford and the Holy Ghost...

Post by _Servant »

Drifting wrote:Peterson and Bradford receive their stipend from tithing funds.
As such, I am sure both men prayerfully consult with the Holy Ghost when writing and making decsions in regards to their roles within the MI.

Now that they are in direct opposition, which one has the official promptings of the Holy Ghost?

And why didn't the HG prompt DCP to change his style because God wants less ad hom and more scholarly discussion of the actual facts?

Because neither is in touch with the Holy Spirit. That is most likely the reason. Christians have a "unity" in the Spirit (at least regarding doctrine). Mormons seem to be in disarray.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Re: Peterson, Bradford and the Holy Ghost...

Post by _Drifting »

Catherine Aurelia wrote:
Drifting wrote:Peterson and Bradford receive their stipend from tithing funds.

Because neither is in touch with the Holy Spirit. That is most likely the reason. Christians have a "unity" in the Spirit (at least regarding doctrine). Mormons seem to be in disarray.

I think that's a possibility...
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator