It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:36 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
I believe that God actually knows the choices we will make. Not that HE programs us, but that He just knows all. Omniscient. God predestined to create the world, knowing how things would turn out. It is simply that HE knows many will turn to HIM and so HE has allowed others the paths that they take so that the whosoeverwills will come. The fact is that God knew I'd become a Christian, You have that chance also, but your opportunity is NOW. Ask GOD through Jesus to save you. It is that simple. The rest becomes God's work...

I've just chosen to eat a biscuit. Did God know I was going to do that before I did it?

God already knows wether or not I will ask Him, through Jesus, to save me, right? He already knows if I will end up choosing righteousness or not, right?

What if I decide my religiosity on the flip of a coin, does He know the outcome? Will He fix the result?

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:13 pm 
God

Drifting wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
I believe that God actually knows the choices we will make. Not that HE programs us, but that He just knows all. Omniscient. God predestined to create the world, knowing how things would turn out. It is simply that HE knows many will turn to HIM and so HE has allowed others the paths that they take so that the whosoeverwills will come. The fact is that God knew I'd become a Christian, You have that chance also, but your opportunity is NOW. Ask GOD through Jesus to save you. It is that simple. The rest becomes God's work...

I've just chosen to eat a biscuit. Did God know I was going to do that before I did it?

God already knows wether or not I will ask Him, through Jesus, to save me, right? He already knows if I will end up choosing righteousness or not, right?

What if I decide my religiosity on the flip of a coin, does He know the outcome? Will He fix the result?

God knows that you love biscuits. And He knows that you would not say grace before you ate it. God does know your future. However, God gives us the future so that those who will turn to Christ will learn from experiencing it for themselves... This is how Christians learn to TRUST God.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 pm 
Bell Ringer

LittleNipper wrote:
[
God knows that you love biscuits. And He knows that you would not say grace before you ate it. God does know your future. However, God gives us the future so that those who will turn to Christ will learn from experiencing it for themselves... This is how Christians learn to TRUST God.

Nipper, you seem to have a vast knowledge of what God thinks and knows. Did you ask him about Drifting's love of biscuits or did it come to you in a dream?

Personally, I don't think you know anymore about God then I do, which is nothing. Maybe it's time for a little self reflection. Think how angry God will be with you for speaking out of turn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 pm 
God

I'm taking up for Nipper this time. He's right!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:01 pm 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
[

Nipper, you seem to have a vast knowledge of what God thinks and knows. Did you ask him about Drifting's love of biscuits or did it come to you in a dream?

Personally, I don't think you know anymore about God then I do, which is nothing. Maybe it's time for a little self reflection. Think how angry God will be with you for speaking out of turn.

Drifting said he choose to have biscuits. People don't usually choose what they hate... I read the Bible and accept it, so, I have at least a biblical understanding of what God wants, thinks, and knows. I do not claim more then He has revealed --- including three persons forming one God.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 pm 
Bell Ringer

LittleNipper wrote:
Quote:
Drifting said he choose to have biscuits. People don't usually choose what they hate...

Drifting likes biscuits... who could blame him. Unless I'm wrong, biscuits are the same as cookies in the US. So you deduced that rather than a message from God.

Quote:
I read the Bible and accept it, so, I have at least a biblical understanding of what God wants, thinks, and knows. I do not claim more then He has revealed --- including three persons forming one God.

Pretty slim knowledge of God's wants and needs. Especially in modern times.

Don't get me wrong, Nipper. I'm not picking on you personally (I'm sure you are a very nice guy). I just have a problem with the logic you use to defend your positions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm 
God

Bump to Nipper.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 pm 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
Drifting likes biscuits... who could blame him. Unless I'm wrong, biscuits are the same as cookies in the US. So you deduced that rather than a message from God.

Quote:
I read the Bible and accept it, so, I have at least a biblical understanding of what God wants, thinks, and knows. I do not claim more then He has revealed --- including three persons forming one God.

Pretty slim knowledge of God's wants and needs. Especially in modern times.

Don't get me wrong, Nipper. I'm not picking on you personally (I'm sure you are a very nice guy). I just have a problem with the logic you use to defend your positions.

God doesn't need anything including in these "modern" times. And I thought we were in the post-modern era? I can be a very nice guy, yet I've been called some pretty nasty things. I'm sure I was derserving of some of it :redface: ---- I'm a sinful human, saved by grace not perfect. Go ahead, make my day --- pick on me! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13