It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:36 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
LittleNipper wrote:
I believe that God actually knows the choices we will make. Not that HE programs us, but that He just knows all. Omniscient. God predestined to create the world, knowing how things would turn out. It is simply that HE knows many will turn to HIM and so HE has allowed others the paths that they take so that the whosoeverwills will come. The fact is that God knew I'd become a Christian, You have that chance also, but your opportunity is NOW. Ask GOD through Jesus to save you. It is that simple. The rest becomes God's work...


I've just chosen to eat a biscuit. Did God know I was going to do that before I did it?

God already knows wether or not I will ask Him, through Jesus, to save me, right? He already knows if I will end up choosing righteousness or not, right?

What if I decide my religiosity on the flip of a coin, does He know the outcome? Will He fix the result?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:13 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2586
Drifting wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
I believe that God actually knows the choices we will make. Not that HE programs us, but that He just knows all. Omniscient. God predestined to create the world, knowing how things would turn out. It is simply that HE knows many will turn to HIM and so HE has allowed others the paths that they take so that the whosoeverwills will come. The fact is that God knew I'd become a Christian, You have that chance also, but your opportunity is NOW. Ask GOD through Jesus to save you. It is that simple. The rest becomes God's work...


I've just chosen to eat a biscuit. Did God know I was going to do that before I did it?

God already knows wether or not I will ask Him, through Jesus, to save me, right? He already knows if I will end up choosing righteousness or not, right?

What if I decide my religiosity on the flip of a coin, does He know the outcome? Will He fix the result?

God knows that you love biscuits. And He knows that you would not say grace before you ate it. God does know your future. However, God gives us the future so that those who will turn to Christ will learn from experiencing it for themselves... This is how Christians learn to TRUST God.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 pm 
Bell Ringer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm
Posts: 7535
Location: Notre-Dame de Paris (bell tower)
LittleNipper wrote:
[
God knows that you love biscuits. And He knows that you would not say grace before you ate it. God does know your future. However, God gives us the future so that those who will turn to Christ will learn from experiencing it for themselves... This is how Christians learn to TRUST God.


Nipper, you seem to have a vast knowledge of what God thinks and knows. Did you ask him about Drifting's love of biscuits or did it come to you in a dream?

Personally, I don't think you know anymore about God then I do, which is nothing. Maybe it's time for a little self reflection. Think how angry God will be with you for speaking out of turn.

_________________
"Sanctuary!"
"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
I'm taking up for Nipper this time. He's right!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:01 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2586
Quasimodo wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
[
God knows that you love biscuits. And He knows that you would not say grace before you ate it. God does know your future. However, God gives us the future so that those who will turn to Christ will learn from experiencing it for themselves... This is how Christians learn to TRUST God.


Nipper, you seem to have a vast knowledge of what God thinks and knows. Did you ask him about Drifting's love of biscuits or did it come to you in a dream?

Personally, I don't think you know anymore about God then I do, which is nothing. Maybe it's time for a little self reflection. Think how angry God will be with you for speaking out of turn.

Drifting said he choose to have biscuits. People don't usually choose what they hate... I read the Bible and accept it, so, I have at least a biblical understanding of what God wants, thinks, and knows. I do not claim more then He has revealed --- including three persons forming one God.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 pm 
Bell Ringer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm
Posts: 7535
Location: Notre-Dame de Paris (bell tower)
LittleNipper wrote:
Quote:
Drifting said he choose to have biscuits. People don't usually choose what they hate...


Drifting likes biscuits... who could blame him. Unless I'm wrong, biscuits are the same as cookies in the US. So you deduced that rather than a message from God.

Quote:
I read the Bible and accept it, so, I have at least a biblical understanding of what God wants, thinks, and knows. I do not claim more then He has revealed --- including three persons forming one God.


Pretty slim knowledge of God's wants and needs. Especially in modern times.

Don't get me wrong, Nipper. I'm not picking on you personally (I'm sure you are a very nice guy). I just have a problem with the logic you use to defend your positions.


_________________
"Sanctuary!"
"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Bump to Nipper.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book of Mormon a Stolen Novel?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2586
Quasimodo wrote:
Drifting likes biscuits... who could blame him. Unless I'm wrong, biscuits are the same as cookies in the US. So you deduced that rather than a message from God.

Quote:
I read the Bible and accept it, so, I have at least a biblical understanding of what God wants, thinks, and knows. I do not claim more then He has revealed --- including three persons forming one God.


Pretty slim knowledge of God's wants and needs. Especially in modern times.

Don't get me wrong, Nipper. I'm not picking on you personally (I'm sure you are a very nice guy). I just have a problem with the logic you use to defend your positions.


God doesn't need anything including in these "modern" times. And I thought we were in the post-modern era? I can be a very nice guy, yet I've been called some pretty nasty things. I'm sure I was derserving of some of it :redface: ---- I'm a sinful human, saved by grace not perfect. Go ahead, make my day --- pick on me! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group