It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goodness in many revealed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:02 pm 
CTR A

Each of us are children of God, no matter what religion, ethnicity, etc.

Today is the anniversary of 9-11 & in honor of many who showed goodness and even heroism, this is one example...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtWOE1vTtI

Please share any examples or stories of the goodness of people revealed... And let's enjoy some good news.

Post subject: Re: Goodness in many revealed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:39 pm 
Bell Ringer

I've been inspired lately by how many States have recognized and made legal same sex marriages. It's wonderful that so many legislatures and courts have seen fit to grant equal rights to all.

Oh, wait. That might not have been the response you were hoping for (and no, I'm not gay).

Last edited by Quasimodo on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 pm 
God

Affordable healthcare for all Americans makes me happy! Better access to birth control for the women of our country makes glitter come out my ears.

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 pm 
Bell Ringer

just me wrote:
Affordable healthcare for all Americans makes me happy! Better access to birth control for the women of our country makes glitter come out my ears.

I wonder if Z could add ear glitter to your avatar. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:03 pm 
CTR A

Quasimodo,
I think you posted in the wrong thread, but right for you. :wink:

Justme,
It's good at least you're happy...
"Whatever turns your crank."

Here's a clip about putting kindness above winning, in a basketball game.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOqRBmYh-YQ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 pm 
Bell Ringer

Amore wrote:
Quasimodo,
I think you posted in the wrong thread, but right for you. :wink:

No, I'm pretty sure I posted correctly. I'm old, but not that old, yet. I was just pointing out that you were trying to express good will to all except the people you are prejudiced against.

It's probably one of my faults, but I just can't warm up to people that are bigoted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 pm 
CTR A

Q,
So... You're just bigoted to anyone who presents inconvenient truths.
Got it.

Back to the topic of this thread...

Simple acts of kindness...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu9UtVaWYaI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:42 pm 
Bell Ringer

Amore wrote:
Q,
So... You're just bigoted to anyone who presents inconvenient truths.
Got it.

Back to the topic of this thread...

Simple acts of kindness...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu9UtVaWYaI

Guilty! I have a prejudice against anyone who is bigoted. You don't present inconvenient truths. Just horse biscuits that you hope will pass for truths. Your total lack of verifiable documentation proves this.

The really annoying thing is that you try to present yourself as a gentle soul that is just looking out for the well being of us all. I would be happier with you if you just admitted your bigotry.

Oh, by the way, the other thing I have a prejudice against is hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:27 am 
God

Amore wrote:
Each of us are children of God, no matter what religion, ethnicity, etc.

CFR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:27 am 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
I'm old, but not that old, yet.

CFR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 am 
CTR A

Bazooka wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
I'm old, but not that old, yet.

CFR

:lol:

Back to topic again... (Adhd...cfr. ;) )
This story of Nick Vujicic and his wife gives me goose bumps - amazing!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QezBvN1BE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 am 
God

Quasimodo wrote:

Guilty! I have a prejudice against anyone who is bigoted. ...(snip)...

ahh the old reliable "i'm rubber you're glue" rebuttal....nice to see you stepping up your game Quasi.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:15 am 
God

On topic, I offer up the story of Alan Turing, a mathematician who Winston Churchill credited with the saving of thousands of lives during World War II. Thankfully for the lives he saved, he never got the memo that homosexuals contribute nothing to society. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:05 am 
CTR A

Brad,
I think I owe you an apology... In the heated debate I could've phrases things better... Reminding all those with adhd ;) of the topic in the other hand... Contribution in regards to marital justification.

I've noticed the projection of fear and closed mindedness in calling me names like homophobe or bigot...just for pointing out unpleasant truths/medical facts and statistics.
I have family & friends with homosexual preferences and I don't fear them. I stood up for a gay friend getting teased, & even got hit twice getting in between bullies and underdogs... & i'm a puny girl!

A coworker has homosexual preferences, and most people avoid her because she's a bit socially awkward, but I reached out to her - gave her rides home and listened to her tell me of her troubles. I've reached out to others with homosexual preferences when other didn't. Do you call that FEAR or bigotry?

Once, I was thinking about homosexuality - wondering about the 2 different arguments for and against same-sex marriage etc... and wondering why the negative aspects of homosexuality were so often ignored. And I had a spiritual experience - a picture of 2 friends that both died of AIDS fell in front of me. It was very strange, but I got this sense that they wanted me to let people know of the negative consequences of homosexual practices. Even thinking about it now gives me the chills. So, I have researched and shared what I've learned, out of love, not fear.

Back to this thread's topic...

Great idea and helps on both sides...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1021022489

Last edited by Amore on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:15 am 
God

Lady Gaga is such a revelation of human kindness. She has done more humanitarian work than most people. She has been able to use her celebrity to raise awareness of issues LGBT people face. She has worked with the Trevor Project and started her own Born This Way Foundation. She has raised money for AIDS/HIV and over a dozen other causes.

What an inspiration and icon of goodness.

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am 
CTR A

Although I disagree with her stand on birth control, I am awed at the compassion Mother Teresa showed. When asked how she could work with people who were so filthy, smelly & sick (especially with leprosy) she explained how she imagined they were Christ and it came naturally.

Martin Luther King Jr. was an example of goodness, and even a prophet - who saw a vision of a better way and lead people to it - peacefully and without force.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:37 am 
God

Amore wrote:
Brad,
I think I owe you an apology... In the heated debate I could've phrases things better... Reminding all those with adhd ;) of the topic in the other hand... Contribution in regards to marital justification.

I've noticed the projection of fear and closed mindedness in calling me names like homophobe or bigot...just for pointing out unpleasant truths/medical facts and statistics.
I have family & friends with homosexual preferences and I don't fear them. I stood up for a gay friend getting teased, & even got hit twice getting in between bullies and underdogs... & i'm a puny girl!

A coworker has homosexual preferences, and most people avoid her because she's a bit socially awkward, but I reached out to her - gave her rides home and listened to her tell me of her troubles. I've reached out to others with homosexual preferences when other didn't. Do you call that FEAR or bigotry?

Once, I was thinking about homosexuality - wondering about the 2 different arguments for and against same-sex marriage etc... and wondering why the negative aspects of homosexuality were so often ignored. And I had a spiritual experience - a picture of 2 friends that both died of AIDS fell in front of me. It was very strange, but I got this sense that they wanted me to let people know of the negative consequences of homosexual practices. Even thinking about it now gives me the chills. So, I have researched and shared what I've learned, out of love, not fear.

Back to this thread's topic...

Great idea and helps on both sides...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1021022489

I don't think you owe me an apology, but I very much appreciate the olive branch. I'd like to continue the conversation you started here in a new thread. Would it be okay with you if I copied and pasted your post above into a new thread?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 pm 
CTR A

Upon becoming a mother, I had a major paradigm change - I saw each person in a new way - like they could've been my child - that they were someone's child - as loveable as my sweet little one. I felt a deeper love - a striving for what's best - for everyone. Similar to how they say in the temple, Eve, is a symbolic representation of all women - mothers of ALL living.

So many people have treated my kids as if they were their own - and it really warms my heart! Also, when I was a "troubled teen" - there were some people who saw through my BS and believed in the goodness in me, as if I were their daughter, which inspired me to be better. I just listened to this song and thought of parents who have realized each person was a little one, so inherently lovable as their own... And projected the love they had for their own child on all who are or were children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0NyTZPH5q4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:19 am 
God

Amore wrote:
Martin Luther King Jr. was an example of goodness, and even a prophet - who saw a vision of a better way and lead people to it - peacefully and without force.

Martin Luther King was also a notoriously rampant philanderer.
Quote:
In his 1986 book Bearing the Cross, David Garrow wrote about a number of extramarital affairs, including one woman King saw almost daily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Lut ... f_adultery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:07 am 
God

Bazooka wrote:
Martin Luther King was also a notoriously rampant philanderer.
Quote:
In his 1986 book Bearing the Cross, David Garrow wrote about a number of extramarital affairs, including one woman King saw almost daily.

In your opinion were you hoping to reveal "goodness" or "badness" about MLKj here?...perhaps your response will be equally revealing of yourself?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 am 
CTR A

subgenius wrote:
Bazooka wrote:
Martin Luther King was also a notoriously rampant philanderer...

In your opinion were you hoping to reveal "goodness" or "badness" about MLKj here?...perhaps your response will be equally revealing of yourself?

There's a book I was reading about "pain bodies" - just a fancy way of saying addiction to bad - to bad news, to bad drama - etc.
When I watch too much bad news, or interact with people who are really negative, it taints my image of people, which reminds me of a song... (Jack Johnson - Good People)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you ... EBD1D848E0

Still, people are not 100% good or 100% bad... there is good in all and imperfection as well, and as suggested, let's focus on the good - that which inspires us to believe in the goodness of ourselves and others.

Here's another example of goodness revealed... reminds me of my good Kenyan friend who's making a positive difference in her own way. whole village collected money to send Kakenya to school. She promsed to return and invest back... and she (Dr. Kakenya) did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xssurTWr5e4