It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fulfilled Prophecy?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 pm 
1st Quorum of Seventy

Quote:
I agree, gdemetz, it was a long post.....but c'mon now, be honest, you didn't really read it through did you!

They never do, Albion. But I'm sure others will. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am 
Elder

grindael wrote:
Quote:
I agree, gdemetz, it was a long post.....but c'mon now, be honest, you didn't really read it through did you!

They never do, Albion. But I'm sure others will. :wink:

I'm reading it a little bit at a time, there's so much great information. Thanks grindael.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:24 pm 
God

It is a long list of jibberish is what it is, and it does absolutely noting to refute all of the statements and comments in support of "YE ARE GODS AND ALL OF YOU ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH'! It also does absolutely nothing to refute that we may become partakers in the divine nature, or that we can sit on God's throne, or that we may be like God when He appears!!!

The facts simply are these: We worship the three beings in the "Godhead" as our God, or in other words the Godhead is our God. However, the three members are distinct separate beings! HELLO? THAT IS WHAT ELOHIM MEANS; IT'S PLURAL FOR GODS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:56 pm 
1st Quorum of Seventy

Quote:
It is a long list of jibberish is what it is, and it does absolutely noting to refute all of the statements and comments in support of "YE ARE GODS AND ALL OF YOU ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH'! It also does absolutely nothing to refute that we may become partakers in the divine nature, or that we can sit on God's throne, or that we may be like God when He appears!!!

The facts simply are these: We worship the three beings in the "Godhead" as our God, or in other words the Godhead is our God. However, the three members are distinct separate beings! HELLO? THAT IS WHAT ELOHIM MEANS; IT'S PLURAL FOR GODS!

Keep it up... I'm loving your comedy routine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

gdemetz wrote:

Elohim is also singular for "god".

The Jews worship one incorporeal god. Get it through your head.

As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:

I'm guessing that you either haven't been to the Temple for endowments or that you fell asleep at a vital point.

We 'know' as a result of our Temple experience that Mormonism believes Elohim is the deity people refer to as Heavenly Father/God. We 'know' that He is a single person distinct and separate from Jesus Christ. So if Elohim is in fact a reference to God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost then the temple is teaching people false beliefs.

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 pm 
God

Kittens, I think your post was one of the worst that I have ever seen here! First of all, it is obvious that you need a Hebrew dictionary (although,Drifting, Elohim is a name for Heavenly Father which signifies God of GODS)! Secondly, look art these scriptures and see if this sounds like an incorporeal God to you (of those of apostate Christendom!)!

Genesis 1:27 "God(s) created man in His (Their) own image."
Genesis 32:30 Jacob sees God "face to face"
Hebrews 1:3 states that Christ is the "EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS (HEAVENLY FATHER'S) PERSON"

There are also many more! So, unless you put some Albion type Evangelical spin on these , it is very obvious that Heavenly Father is in the exact image of Christ! WE were also created in that image, although we do not look exactly like Christ.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:41 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
Drifting, Elohim is a name for Heavenly Father which signifies God of GODS)!

gdemetz wrote:
HELLO? THAT IS WHAT ELOHIM MEANS; IT'S PLURAL FOR GODS!

:rolleyes:

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm 
God

Correct Drifting! Elohim is a Hebrew term that is a plural form of God. It is also a name for Heavenly Father, and I think that the name signifies that Heavenly Father is a God of gods!

"God standeth in the congregation of the mighty: He judgeth among the gods." Psalms 82:1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:45 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

gdemetz wrote:
Kittens, I think your post was one of the worst that I have ever seen here! First of all, it is obvious that you need a Hebrew dictionary (although,Drifting, Elohim is a name for Heavenly Father which signifies God of GODS)! Secondly, look art these scriptures and see if this sounds like an incorporeal God to you (of those of apostate Christendom!)!

Genesis 1:27 "God(s) created man in His (Their) own image."
Genesis 32:30 Jacob sees God "face to face"
Hebrews 1:3 states that Christ is the "EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS (HEAVENLY FATHER'S) PERSON"

There are also many more! So, unless you put some Albion type Evangelical spin on these , it is very obvious that Heavenly Father is in the exact image of Christ! WE were also created in that image, although we do not look exactly like Christ.

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Elohim/elohim.html

You really don't understand Hebrew at all, try reading this. Clearly you don't understand Judaism either. I've read enough of your post to know that you're hopeless, so go on blindly believing the lies spoon fed to you by the church if you like. I used to believe the same nonsense, now I know better and I have to tell you that life outside of the church is much better.

As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm 
God

You know better?! What is the name of that big bird who hides his head in the sand?! Tell me exactly where I was wrong if you know so much! Do you think Elohim is not plural for God?!?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:40 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

gdemetz wrote:
You know better?! What is the name of that big bird who hides his head in the sand?! Tell me exactly where I was wrong if you know so much! Do you think Elohim is not plural for God?!?

I think people who study Hebrew know better. Read the link. It is both plural and singular. In the Tanach it appears with words that suggest the singular.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm 
God

That's true, it can be used as singular also. However, in Genesis, when it is translated "let us make man" it is plural showing clearly that it is more than one God, and as defined by Word IQ; "Elohim is a plural from the same root as singular El and Eloah."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

"The name Elohim is unique to Hebraic thinking: it occurs only in Hebrew and in no other ancient Semitic language. The masculine plural ending does not mean “gods” when referring to the true God of Israel, since the name is mainly used with singular verb forms and with adjectives and pronouns in the singular (e.g., see Gen. 1:26)."

From the link I posted.

http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim1.htm

There's another link that explains it more clearly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

Read part two of that link I just posted. It addresses the very same verse in Genesis. Its still singular in the original Hebrew.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 pm 
God

That's nonsense Kittens! How many times and how many sites have I seen it as defines as plural! I just quoted you the exact definition, and not from someone who has an agenda!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

gdemetz wrote:
That's nonsense Kittens! How many times and how many sites have I seen it as defines as plural! I just quoted you the exact definition, and not from someone who has an agenda!!!

From WordIQ.com, the source you provided:

"The form of the word Elohim, with the ending -im, is plural and masculine, but the construction is usually singular, i.e. it governs a singular verb or adjective when referring to the Hebrew god, but reverts to its normal plural when used of heathen divinities."

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Elohim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:43 pm 
God

Mittens, you are just quote mining! It also states: "Elohim may be a collective plural when the Gods act in concert." "The polytheist theory would also explain why there are three words built on the same stem: El, Elohim, and Eloah. El, the Father God has many divine sons, who are known by the plural of His name, Elohim, or Els. Eloah, might then be used to differentiate each of the lesser gods from El Himself."

However, "The etymology of Elohim is prehistoric, and therefore unknown."

Thank goodness for the "restitution of all things"!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

gdemetz wrote:
Mittens, you are just quote mining! It also states: "Elohim may be a collective plural when the Gods act in concert." "The polytheist theory would also explain why there are three words built on the same stem: El, Elohim, and Eloah. El, the Father God has many divine sons, who are known by the plural of His name, Elohim, or Els. Eloah, might then be used to differentiate each of the lesser gods from El Himself."

However, "The etymology of Elohim is prehistoric, and therefore unknown."

Thank goodness for the "restitution of all things"!

Mittens? No, I think not. Don't compare me to Willard Mittens Romney.

Quote mining?

You've only posted bits from one source that back up your warped view of the Tanach.

The second source I provided you was written by Nehemia Gordon, a man with a Master's degree in Biblical Study from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He was an assistant on the Dead Sea Scrolls Publication Project. I think he knows a little more than you and I about the Hebrew language.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:40 pm 
God

So what kittens?! Mark Smith , whom I quoted from Wikipedia has a PHD! I have already stated that Elohim is plural for God (it can also be used as singular), and you have yet to prove me wrong!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

gdemetz wrote:
So what kittens?! Mark Smith , whom I quoted from Wikipedia has a PHD! I have already stated that Elohim is plural for God (it can also be used as singular), and you have yet to prove me wrong!!!

You didn't read any of the sources I provided. The time length between my posts and yours is proof enough.

Your source wasn't Wikipedia.

Not to mention that your source (WordIQ) says that Elohim is used as singular and plural.

By the way, all those !!!! don't add to your credibility, quite the contrary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next