It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why Do LDS Dismiss the Greater Part of the New Testament
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 pm 
God

Many early Christian writers, before the apostasy became even darker agreed with exactly what I am saying and exactly what those scriptures teach, including Irenaeus, Clement, and Tertullian, and I can give you their quotes also if you wish!

"We know that when He appears, we shall be like Him."

We know that when He appears, we shall be joint heirs and gods like Him also." My Spiritual Braille Version

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:04 pm 
God

Jesus will indeed recognize his followers because their spirits will be similar and after his so that he will recognize them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 pm 
God

Hello Albion?!? He is a god with a resurrected body! How ignorant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 pm 
God

Not ignorant. As you say above: "When he appears we shall be like him" Like him in spirit, not in God-form.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm 
God

You are wrong again Albion, as usual! We are made "partakers of the DIVINE nature" (2 Peter !:4)! When He comes again, we shall have a BODY like His; "Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like His glorious body..." (Philippians 3:21)! "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, WE SHALL BER LIKE HIM, for we shall see Him as He is" (1 John 3:2)!

Albion, you should really study the Bible more! I have no doubt that you will come up with some "Papa Joe" explanation in an attempt to put a big evangelical spin on all this, but please spare me. I'm to familiar with what the Bible really states and teaches to fall for that!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:47 am 
God

Which version of Jesus Christ's time in the Garden of Gethsemane is the accurate one and why?
(Mark or Luke)

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:54 am 
God

gdemetz, I think I am done with you. For all your boasting and dogmatism you demonstrate few qualities that I find admirable in any way. There is no problem in disagreeing with people but you excel in simply being unpleasant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:41 am 
God

Albion wrote:
gdemetz, I think I am done with you. For all your boasting and dogmatism you demonstrate few qualities that I find admirable in any way. There is no problem in disagreeing with people but you excel in simply being unpleasant.

You've done well to last as long as you have Albion, kudos to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 am 
God

It is pointless trying to have a reasonable dialogue with gdemetz who seems to prefer insult, ridicule and none answers over conversation. I have just returned from a profound visit to Israel and there are so many thoughts whizzing around in my head that I just cannot deal with his abrasive dogmatism at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 am 
God

Albion wrote:
It is pointless trying to have a reasonable dialogue with gdemetz who seems to prefer insult, ridicule and none answers over conversation. I have just returned from a profound visit to Israel and there are so many thoughts whizzing around in my head that I just cannot deal with his abrasive dogmatism at this time.

As a Christian, I want to lead the likes of gdemetz to a real meaningful relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. In so doing, I want to mature in my own faith in Christ Jesus.It is often very easy to point fingers at others, but it also comes down to pulling the plank out of one's own eye. It is my prayer that gdemetz will turn from trying to defend an organization and simply let God speak to him in what really matters --- a relationship with Christ. However, he needs to come to a realization of who Jesus is and what Jesus is not. Jesus is the Creator. He isn't related to angels in anyway aside from having made them. He isn'r our physical brother. We were created and Christ was not. Our existance is for His gorification and not that of our own. This is what all Mormons and unbelievers must contend with.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm 
God

Give me a break, Nipper! I keep quoting Christ and the Bible and you and Albion keep spouting out evangelical hogwash, and you want me to convert to that?! There is nothing Biblical at all about your doctrine!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:41 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
Give me a break, Nipper! I keep quoting Christ and the Bible and you and Albion keep spouting out evangelical hogwash, and you want me to convert to that?! There is nothing Biblical at all about your doctrine!

You place your faith in the correctness of Mormonism. Jesus Christ seems to take a back seat at best. What is biblical regarding Mormon doctrine? They needed to add extra books --------------------- did they not? Mormon's didn't get to where they are now knocking on doors peddling the Bible. If they did, I'm sure there would be MUCH less for you to argue about...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:28 am 
God

Drifting wrote:
Which version of Jesus Christ's time in the Garden of Gethsemane is the accurate one and why?
(Mark or Luke)

Bump for gdemetz...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:23 am 
God

Drifting wrote:
Drifting wrote:
(Mark or Luke)

Bump for gdemetz...

Each spotlight the event from different aspects. Both are correct with regard to the aspect focused on in the message studied.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Each spotlight the event from different aspects. Both are correct with regard to the aspect focused on in the message studied.

Thanks for this reply.
What are the different aspects that are focessed on in each?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 pm 
Regional Representative

LittleNipper wrote:
As a Christian, I want to lead the likes of gdemetz to a real meaningful relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. In so doing, I want to mature in my own faith in Christ Jesus.It is often very easy to point fingers at others, but it also comes down to pulling the plank out of one's own eye. It is my prayer that gdemetz will turn from trying to defend an organization and simply let God speak to him in what really matters --- a relationship with Christ. However, he needs to come to a realization of who Jesus is and what Jesus is not. Jesus is the Creator. He isn't related to angels in anyway aside from having made them. He isn'r our physical brother. We were created and Christ was not. Our existance is for His gorification and not that of our own. This is what all Mormons and unbelievers must contend with.

When In doubt check the Bible obviously. I would not have been born again without having The Bible. It's not like a persons relationship with Jesus no longer grows after being born again.

Do I believe in the Trinity? Yes. Do I know as to what capacity each element of the Trinity operates? No. Do I understand fully what it means to live with God when we die? No. Do I believe teaching lies for the greater good of the people with good intent can somehow bring a person to Heaven? The Bible says no. When all else fails look toward the word.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:42 pm 
God

Drifting wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Thanks for this reply.
What are the different aspects that are focessed on in each?

Differences should not be seen as contradictions. The reality is that this ALL happened and God gives us the picture from various accounts that view different pieces of the entire event.
Garden of Gethsemene
Mark's Gospel is an account of exactly what happened to Jesus in the last day of his life. He divided the last twenty four hours up into eight periods of exactly three hours each. To mark off the three hours of time that Jesus spent praying in the Garden of Gethsemene, Jesus goes three time to pray, returning to find the disciples asleep, each time asking could they not stay awake one hour. In Luke's Gospel, this careful ordering is absent, and the disciples are simply left to sleep.

Luke's account takes place on the Mount of Olives, the location of the Garden of Gethsemene. An angel appears to Jesus as he prays, strengthening his resolve. Jesus' sweat is like great drops of blood as it falls to the ground.

The arrest
Only in Luke does Jesus admonish Judas for betraying him with a kiss.

Only in Luke does Jesus heal the servant's severed ear. Only Mark has the elusive young man run naked from the scene.

The trials
In Mark, others warm themselves by a fire, when Peter denies Jesus three times. In Luke, Jesus is present and looks at Peter as he denies him.

Only in Luke does Pilate attempt to give responsibility for the trial of Jesus to Herod.

The crucifixion
In Mark, the crucifixion takes place at Golgotha (place of the skull). In Luke it is called Calvary... In Mark, Jesus is offerred a drink containing wine and the valuable healing resin, myrrh, just before he is placed on the cross. Luke has the soldiers mock him on the cross and offer him a drink of vinegar.

In Mark, Jesus calls out to God, asking why he had been forsaken. In Luke, Jesus ends his ordeal by saying, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."

In Mark, when a centurion sees Jesus dead, he says, "Truly this man was the Son of God." In Luke a centurion says this truly was a righteous man.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 pm 
God

If the Mormons knocking on the doors were peddling the Bible, as long as that Bible wasn't the Papa Joe's Evangelical Version and they weren't brainwashed by those false non Biblical doctrines, then it would be easy for them to convert!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:22 am 
God

[quote="LittleNipper"]Each spotlight the event from different aspects. Both are correct with regard to the aspect focused on in the message studied.

[b]Differences should not be seen as contradictions. The reality is that this ALL happened and God gives us the picture from various accounts that view different pieces of the entire event.
[/b][/quote]

Is the reality that this all happened?

I thought the reality was that the author of Mark said that was what happened and the authors of Mathew and Luke embellished the contents of Mark.

Unless there are other evidences of Christs birth, life and death, with which I am not familiar...

(apologies that the quote feature appears to have stopped working)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:24 pm 
First Presidency

To All:

I would like to offer some further insight on 1 Peter 3:7:

1 Peter 3:7 (KJV) (this is Jesus speaking)

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

The Greek translations of the words in this verse can (and I think should) be taken both literally and spiritually. Therefore, if a husband and wife have the knowledge (“dwell with them according to knowledge”) of being heirs together both on the earth in their physical life, as well as being heirs together spiritually after physical death, then their prayers in the physical life will not be hindered (frustrated). Indeed, with this knowledge, both husband and wife can jointly find joy in this physical life. Yet the ultimate joy is not realized in our physical life. Our faith and our hope lie in what is in store for us after we leave this physical life.

Let’s look at some other passages which support this interpretation:

Matthew 10:39 (KJV) (Jesus is speaking)

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

So, to Albion who is taking only a physical view of the word “life” in the verse from 1 Peter, I believe you need to consider the above as well, as it is clear that Jesus is speaking about our spiritual life. Indeed:

John 11:25 (KJV) (again, it is Jesus speaking)

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

In fact, whenever Jesus or the Apostles speak of “life”, or "live", or "living" or "alive", etc., it seems He/they are speaking about our spiritual life both in the flesh; and more importantly, our spiritual life after physical death.

1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV) (Paul is speaking)

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Blessings,

jo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm 
God

In this context is is a physical world...it is the physical world of married life. The word life is used in various contexts within the NT but this chapter is specifically about the blessedness of Christ's people and the divinely created ordinance of marriage and a full and happy married state falls under God's gracious gift. Specifically, the grace of life is the loveliness and the partaking of the divine which God adds to his servants' life. Christians because of their relationship with Christ have a deeper insight into the grace and dignity of life, and an eternal hope in their marriage. I think you are making connections that are not there and not intended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next