It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is the Church really growing?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:50 pm 
God

The Atlantic Ocean.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:24 pm 
God

just me wrote:
gdemetz wrote:
I wouldn't have written it if I didn't believe it.

What sea is going to overrun Boston?

No, seriously, your posts seem to be taking a turn for the more bizarre fringe old time beliefs. Almost like a joke. Just an observation.

Yes.
It's almost as if a critic of the Church has developed a sock puppet specifically to highlight the more nonsensical beliefs of Mormonism.

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 pm 
God

That prophesy has never been revoked, and it will surely happen just as the prophesy that Elijah would return happened!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
just me wrote:
What sea is going to overrun Boston?

The Red Sea. Don't ask me how. Reality checked out of this forum for a while.

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 pm 
God

Actually that the Atlantic could overflow on a coastal city like Boston is not really so far fetched.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:51 am 
tired, less active investigator

Drifting wrote:
gdemetz wrote:
The church's population percentage will skyrocket...
Can you supply an approximate timeframe and define 'skyrocket' in absolute numerical terms?
gdemetz wrote:
I prayed yesterday that you all would still be alive to witness those events.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:45 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
Actually that the Atlantic could overflow on a coastal city like Boston is not really so far fetched.

Not likely, but possible.

http://www.maine.gov/doc/nrimc/mgs/explore/hazards/tsunami/jan05.htm

Also God could make some cosmic debris hit the Atlantic as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:
I wouldn't have written it if I didn't believe it.

Sure, I believe you believe it will happen. But those are false prophecies made by a Mormon apostle who couldn't really see the future. He was trying to be dramatic and get people all excited. Just like Joseph Smith was trying to do when he penned the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 and presented them to the world as a revelation of lost history. Joseph Smith got it all wrong. I know you don't believe the things he said in Facsimile No. 3 are correct because Joseph Smith was making it up and didn't understand Egyptology although he pretended to. Well, Mormon apostles don't know the future either and just made things up. They really don't do that anymore because they have learned to stop prophesying lest their word be verfied in the future and they be shown to be false.

If you can tell me the name of the king that is supposedly in the writing of Facsimile No. 3 then perhaps I'll worry a little bit about New York's pending earthquake. Or, if you can explain to me how the Egyptian god is only a slave then perhaps I'll worry about the sea covering Boston. And, if you can show anything about the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 being Egyptologically correct then you can give a little credibility to your past Mormon apostles who stuck their necks out and made prophecies that so far have not been fulfilled and never will be.

Paul O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:07 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:
That prophesy has never been revoked, and it will surely happen just as the prophesy that Elijah would return happened!

You have no proof that Elijah ever returned. It's pure religious declaration based on nothing more than faith for those who care to believe. Will Jesus return? Nope. He's not coming either. So don't act like it really happened as if it's fact. It's nothing but your faith which is pure myth in my book. Did Jonah get swallowed up by a whale? Nope -- it's pure myth, a false story to get people in line to obey Jehovah. The same is so with Joseph Smith. His revelations were all produced from the corners of his own brain. Nothing inspired at all. Just look at the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 and you'll see total disaster. Poor Joseph, he was caught telling lies thanks to modern Egyptology.

Paul O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:15 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:

I'll grant that. I'm sure that is something people have talked about ever since Boston was first settled. It could happen. But the Mormon apostle didn't forsee it and didn't see modern times in his pretended vision or prophecy. He was simply trying to stir the hearts of people up and get them to repent and bow to Mormonism.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about Salt Lake City being wiped out in an earthquake and the temple crashing down before New York ever gets the big quake just because your Mormon apostle said so.

How would it look when the Salt Lake temple crumbles to the ground? Well, it wouldn't be the first time a Mormon temple was destroyed by natural elements.

Paul O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:
I prayed yesterday that you all would still be alive to witness those events. I think that is a good sign for you that even you guys can't miss! I think that would be a very good wake up call!

Those events would result in the horrible suffering of millions of innocent people. How does that make you feel? Your god killing millions of innocent people who are just trying to live their lives from day to day. The Doctrine & Covenants and your quoted prophecy are proof that Mormonism is a blood thirsty religion that seeks the overthrow of the human race unless they bend their knees to your religion. But I have news for you. Those prophecies are not going to happen. The Doctrine & Covenants is a book of lies made up by Joseph Smith. The Doctrine & Covenants are no more credible than the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 which are also lies.

Paul O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:42 pm 
Regional Representative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XqR6IO ... ure=relmfu

@ 28 seconds

oaks says young men are leaving faster than young women.

the mormon church is loosing members, there you have it.

keep in mind this q&a was held during the marlin k. jensen "controversy"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 pm 
God

How would I feel if that happened? Horrible! I hope that all the people in those areas will repent, even if they don't become Mormons, so that God will revoke that just as He revoked His decree to destroy Nineveh after they repented.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
yes, it is.

Interestingly and seemingly at odds with your statement, a member of the Seventy confessed yesterday that the Church is struggling in terms of growth. In particular he mentioned the ''loss in numbers'' of the age group 16 to 30 and pinned that loss down on the fact that they went looking for answers to questions from sources other than official Church ones.

There is going to be a real push in the month of June aimed at getting new people or lapsed people, into the pews to try and reverse this trend.

So it would seem your statement is...(let's be generous)...errant.

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
How would I feel if that happened? Horrible! I hope that all the people in those areas will repent, even if they don't become Mormons, so that God will revoke that just as He revoked His decree to destroy Nineveh after they repented.

They won't repent and bow the knees to the rules of Mormonism. So, according to your scriptures, your God is going to come and slay millions of people who are trying to live their lives as they see fit. We don't need religions threatening us with death and destruction, thank you. Your God is a murderer, nothing short of Dark Age mentality -- filled with blood sacrifice and cult rites. According to your religion, I live in wickedness and your God is going to come back and slay me with fire and all kinds of nasty things. Do I look worried? Nope. Because he isn't any more real than the missing king's name in Facsimile No. 3. The Mormon God has been disproved, scientifically. But if you can tell me the name then perhaps you can start talking about Joseph Smith's inspiration. But you can't, and that must bother you. I'm glad it does.

Wickeness never was happiness? I've never been happier!! It's joy, real joy. Wickedness is just a name you Mormons like to pin on people and things as you seek to judge the world waiting for your Jesus to come and kill us. But your Jesus isn't coming back. And even if he did, I could never bow my knees to that monster or the Father of a monster he represents. They are gods of death, destruction, and religious intolerance. All made up in the mind of Joseph Smith.

Paul O

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 pm 
God

After subtracting for attrition (had to eyeball some of AOM's charts), we seem to be growing at around 190,000 (1.3%) per year in 2010.

Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:12 pm 
God

Which lags the global population growth rate. Mormons are becoming, by percentage, less common. So much for the stone cut without hands.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm 
Regional Representative

Drifting wrote:

Interestingly and seemingly at odds with your statement, a member of the Seventy confessed yesterday that the Church is struggling in terms of growth. In particular he mentioned the ''loss in numbers'' of the age group 16 to 30 and pinned that loss down on the fact that they went looking for answers to questions from sources other than official Church ones.

There is going to be a real push in the month of June aimed at getting new people or lapsed people, into the pews to try and reverse this trend.

In order to come clean they risk loosing older members. The 40-60 y/o bracket which make the most money hence pay more tithing. In the October conference they announced the release of updated manuals, discussing the not so taste-full aspects. The GA's abandon that venture because it would cost them the older generations, which they must have in order to remain an organization. Mormonism was built on lies, [not so celestially remarks] all over their faces.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:31 am 
God

That's not just the "Mormon" God; that's the Biblical God of Christianity also, and when that happens, many won't be around to see the increased growth percentage of the church!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:07 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
That's not just the "Mormon" God; that's the Biblical God of Christianity also, and when that happens, many won't be around to see the increased growth percentage of the church!

You don't say! You imply that Jehovah is going to come down out of heaven and show his face and kill us wicked people, right? Well, I'm not afraid of Jehovah any more than I am of the shadow monster that lives under my bed at night. Jehovah has never been seen and never will be seen. He is a shadow. He is an idea made up by religious men who seek to have power over others.

The God of the Bible is a god of hatred towards those who refuse to follow his rules. There is no place in his heaven for those who refuse to follow his rules. And he constantly gets angry and kills people out of his anger. That pretty much sums up the god of the bible: Hate & Murder.

Paul O

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 am 
God

Church property/plant assets are certainly growing.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next