Miracles

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:OOPS, I knew there was something I was forgetting!

Thanks for the reminder, I'll go turn them off now. . .

The Doc giveth and the Doc taketh away. I ask you, what is life without a dancing banana from time to time?

Jersey Girl
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Finally we are now adults here cool
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re:

Post by _subgenius »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Finally we are now adults here cool

This is the last post on the last thread listed in this forum....from 8 years ago
bumped for the cart being before the horse
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re:

Post by _subgenius »

Dr. Shades wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Why do you have the smiles turned off?

Does it take up too much bandwidth?

It doesn't take up much bandwidth at all, certainly not enough to make a difference.

The reason they're turned off is 1) because it makes a forum look childish, 2) because people tend to overuse them to the point of clutter, and 3) because the general quality of posts noticeably increases if people use the English language to get their points across rather than absurd smilie-face graphics.

....and for this example of how continuing revelation works.... :biggrin:
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_malkie
_Emeritus

Re: Re:

Post by _malkie »

Dr. Shades wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Why do you have the smiles turned off?

Does it take up too much bandwidth?

It doesn't take up much bandwidth at all, certainly not enough to make a difference.

The reason they're turned off is 1) because it makes a forum look childish, 2) because people tend to overuse them to the point of clutter, and 3) because the general quality of posts noticeably increases if people use the English language to get their points across rather than absurd smilie-face graphics.

subgenius wrote:....and for this example of how continuing revelation works.... :biggrin:

Here's a better example:

Rosebud: At present women are not allowed to be priests in your Church. Why is that?

GBH: That’s right, because the Lord has put it that way. Now women have a very prominent place in this Church. They have there own organisation. Probably the largest women’s organisation in the world of 3.7 million members. There own ???. And the women of that organisation sit on Boards. Our Board of Education things of that kind. They counsel with us. We counsel together. They bring in insight that we very much appreciate and they have this tremendous organisation of the world where they grow and if you ask them they’ll say we’re happy and we’re satisfied.

Rosebud: They all say that?

GBH: Yes. All except a oh you’ll find a little handful one or two here and there, but in 10 million members you expect that.

Rosebud: You say the Lord has put it that way. What do you mean by that?

GBH: I mean that’s a part of His programme. Of course it is, yes.

Rosebud: Is it possible that the rules could change in the future as the rules are on Blacks ?

GBH: He could change them yes. If He were to change them that’s the only way it would happen.

Rosebud: So you’d have to get a revelation?

GBH: Yes. But there’s no agitation for that. We don’t find it. Our women are happy. They’re satisfied. These bright, able, wonderful women who administer their own organisation are very happy. Ask them. Ask my wife.

Of course, GBH forgot to mention that women "administer their own organisation" only under the direction of men.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

malkie wrote:Here's a better example:

Rosebud: At present women are not allowed to be priests in your Church. Why is that?

GBH: That’s right, because the Lord has put it that way. Now women have a very prominent place in this Church. They have there own organisation. Probably the largest women’s organisation in the world of 3.7 million members. There own ???. And the women of that organisation sit on Boards. Our Board of Education things of that kind. They counsel with us. We counsel together. They bring in insight that we very much appreciate and they have this tremendous organisation of the world where they grow and if you ask them they’ll say we’re happy and we’re satisfied.

Rosebud: They all say that?

GBH: Yes. All except a oh you’ll find a little handful one or two here and there, but in 10 million members you expect that.

Rosebud: You say the Lord has put it that way. What do you mean by that?

GBH: I mean that’s a part of His programme. Of course it is, yes.

Rosebud: Is it possible that the rules could change in the future as the rules are on Blacks ?

GBH: He could change them yes. If He were to change them that’s the only way it would happen.

Rosebud: So you’d have to get a revelation?

GBH: Yes. But there’s no agitation for that. We don’t find it. Our women are happy. They’re satisfied. These bright, able, wonderful women who administer their own organisation are very happy. Ask them. Ask my wife.

Of course, GBH forgot to mention that women "administer their own organisation" only under the direction of men.

GBH suggested that it would take agitation from within to receive a revelation.
Well, there's now agitation from within, so where's the accompanying revelation that he promised?
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_malkie
_Emeritus

Re: Miracles

Post by _malkie »

I was merely pointing out that GBH seemed to anticipate the day when the agitation would occur, and that he made it clear, in spite of GA statements in the past few months, that there appears to be no absolute bar on female ordination to the LDS priesthood.

If GBH was not a prophet, the current batch of PS&Rs should repudiate him.

If he was, they should not be falling over themselves to ignore his prophetic words.

Perhaps I'm overly simplistic in my approach, but it seems to me that TSM et al should either "own or disown" GBH.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Bazooka wrote:
GBH suggested that it would take agitation from within to receive a revelation.
Well, there's now agitation from within, so where's the accompanying revelation that he promised?

agitation is a bit of an exaggerated term in this instance.
"GBH: Yes. All except a oh you’ll find a little handful one or two here and there, but in 10 million members you expect that."