It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
That's an interesting post MCB. Yea, I'm confident that Christ's instituted the higher laws of polygamy and the law of consecration, and practiced them. There is substantial evidence of the latter, as per the case of Annaias and Zapphira recorded in the book of Acts, but the NT evidence of polygamy is scant. There is the quote that a bishop should be the husband of one wife, and the fact that Jesus was constantly accompanied by several women, but other than that, there is very little, if any. Maybe there were attempts then to keep that secret also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:55 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:14 am
Posts: 4078
Location: Somewhere on Interstate 94
So then how do you explain Mark 10?

Quote:
And the Pharisees coming to him asked him: Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
3 But he answering, saith to them: What did Moses command you?
4 Who said: Moses permitted to write a bill of divorce, and to put her away.
5 To whom Jesus answering, said: Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you that precept.
6 But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female.
7 For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother; and shall cleave to his wife.
8 And they two shall be in one flesh. Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
10 And in the house again his disciples asked him concerning the same thing.
11 And he saith to them: Whosoever shall put away his wife and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
12 And if the wife shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.


Again, how would Jesus found a church, make that promise, yet allow it to be destroyed in a generation, and restored 1700 years later? I could drive a Boeing 747 through the holes in your logic.

_________________
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm


Last edited by MCB on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:10 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
MCB, Jesus was merely stating that if a man puts away his wife to marry another without just cause (such as fornication as He also states), the he is committing adultery against her. Also, Christ stated that the gates of hell would not prevail against His church, and it won't. Will the gates of hell win some battles? Yes, there are a number of passages in the OT and NT which state that the church would be overcome for 1260 days (prophetic days representing years), and it was; from 570 AD until 1830 AD. However, there should be no doubt about the final outcome!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:15 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:14 am
Posts: 4078
Location: Somewhere on Interstate 94
LOL, go ahead believing in that drivel.

_________________
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
gdemetz wrote:
Yes, there are a number of passages in the OT and NT which state that the church would be overcome for 1260 days (prophetic days representing years), and it was; from 570 AD until 1830 AD. However, there should be no doubt about the final outcome!


I think you are a troll.

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
You are wrong. The trolls are the ones that never heard of "prophetic days."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 9:06 am
Posts: 9722
Location: Kershaw, SC
just me wrote:
gdemetz wrote:
Yea, that's true, but when Christ set up His church, then that group would be the right one.


Christ (do you mean Jesus?) did not set up a church.



Yes, he quite patently did.

_________________
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson


I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 9:06 am
Posts: 9722
Location: Kershaw, SC
just me wrote:
gdemetz wrote:
Of course He did.

"And upon this rock will I build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Jesus Christ


Do you know when that was written and by whom? The concept of "church" was not even in existence until long, long after the death of Jesus.


Really? The concept of an ecclesia - an organized body of belief, ritural, ceremony, practice, and doctrine; a cultus with a name, members, internal rules and traditions, and specific ordinances of initiation and unique truth claims differentiating it from competing belief systems, was unknown in the ancient world until long after the third decade of the First Century?

Fascinating, just fascinating.

_________________
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson


I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God and Man at FAIR: The Sunstoneization of Apologetics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:48 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
That's incorrect. Matthew records these words from Christ Himself (see Matthew 16:18).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GrandMoffTarkin, Quasimodo and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group