It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 228  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bible verse by verse
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm 
God

LN wrote:
GOD Created DNA. God Created all the building blocks.

More assertion and belief? Again they have nothing to do with getting a grip on reality. You must look at the evidence to do that. The evidence, as I already pointed out, does not support special creation of DNA for specially (independently created) created flora and fauna.

Quote:
GOD also gave to all living things uniqueness.

Uniqueness is a matter of degree. You are unique from your siblings, but have much in common with them compared to a dog. But you have much in common with a dog when compared to a cucumber. And you have much in common with a cucumber when compared to a rock.

Quote:
It is this uniqueness that you have misapplied and labelled evolution.

You mean misinterpreted? Hardly. The evidence for the process lies within the DNA itself. If you would study the topic from a reliable source you would see it for yourself. But you have already decided the outcome without doing so.

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you regarding evolution.

Well good, because you can't. You only quote nonsense from trash sites like Answers in Genesis.

Quote:
There is no indication that the civilized world of today is the product of more intelligent individuals

Well the degree of difference becomes greater the farther back in time you look. We would not expect any great differences in human intelligence over the past 6,000 years. There would be differences in accumulated knowledge, sure.

Quote:
or that having leisure time is in fact turning "modern man" into an imbecile.

Mankind will be much smarter the sooner you can get us into the next dark age with your fellow zealots?

Quote:
Stephen Hawking would not have survived with his affliction had he been born a hundred years ago.

Stephan Hawking is who he is as the result of the particular sperm and egg that combined to make him. Does god get involved with the sperm and eggs? Does the decision of when to have sex by one's parents cause god a great deal of grief and trouble here?

Quote:
It seems to me that GOD's perfect timing gave Mr Hawking some extra time.

It seems you are confused about whose timing matters here. :lol:

Quote:
Unfortunately, he seems to be contemplating under the false assumption that there is no GOD. Time will tell if he ever gets an "Ahah!" moment ------- perhaps when he is launched into space --- maybe...

Oh I'm sure! :rolleyes:

In time the physical bodies we have will be enhanced to obtain energy directly from nature. - Franktalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 am 
God

Acts 2:1-47

The festival of Shavu‘Old Testament/Pentecost arrived, and the believers all gathered together in one location.

Suddenly there came a sound from the sky like the roar of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.

Then they observed what appeared like tongues of fire, which separated and came to rest on each one of them.

They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to communicate in different languages, as the Spirit enabled them to speak.

Now there were staying in Jerusalem religious Jews from every nation under heaven.

When they heard this sound, a crowd gathered; they were confused, because each one heard the believers speaking in his own language.

Totally amazed, they asked, “How is this possible? Aren’t all these people who are speaking Galilean?

How is it that we hear them speaking in our native languages?

We are Parthians, Medes, Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judean, Cappadocia, Pontus, Asia,

Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome;

Jews by birth and proselytes; Jews from Crete and from Arabia. . . ! How is it that we hear them speaking in our own languages about the great things God has done?”

Amazed and confused, they all went on asking each other, “What is the meaning of this?”

But others made fun of them and said, “They’ve just had too much wine!”

Then Peter stood up with the 11 and raised his voice to address them: “You Judeans, and all of you visiting Jerusalem! Let me tell you what this means! Listen carefully to me!

“These people aren’t drunk, as you suppose — it’s only nine in the morning.

No, this is what was spoken about through the prophet Joel:

The Lord says: “In the end of the Age, I will pour out from My Spirit upon everyone. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Even on my slaves, both men and women, will I pour out from My Spirit in those days; and they will prophesy.

I will perform miracles in the sky above and signs on the earth below — blood, fire and thick smoke.

The sun will darken and the moon will appear bloody before the great and fearful Day of the Lord arrives.

And then, whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”’

“Men of Israel! Listen to this! Jesus from Nazareth was a man demonstrated to you to have been from God by the powerful works, miracles and signs that God performed through Him in your presence. You yourselves know this.

This man was arrested in accordance with God’s preordained plan and foreknowledge; and, through the vehicle of persons not bound by the Law, you nailed Him up on a stake and killed him!

“But God has raised Him up and freed Him from the suffering of death; it was impossible that death could keep its hold upon Him.

For David says this about him:

‘I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand, so that I will not be swayed.

For this reason, my heart was glad and my tongue rejoiced. And now my body too will live on in absolute trust

that You will not abandon me to Hell or let your Holy One see decay.

You have made known to me the ways of life. You will fill me with joy by your presence.’

“Brothers, I know I can spell it out to you -- frankly. The patriarch David died and was buried — his tomb is with us to this day.

Therefore, since he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn an oath to him that one of his descendants would sit on his throne,

he was speaking early on concerning the resurrection of the Messiah, that it was He who was not abandoned in Hell and whose flesh did not decay.

God raised up this Jesus! And we are all witnesses of it!

Moreover, He has been exalted to the right hand of God; has received from the Father what He promised, namely, the Holy Spirit; and has poured out this gift, which you are both observing and hearing.

For David did not ascend into heaven. But he says,

‘Adonai said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’

Therefore, let the whole house of Israel know beyond doubt that God has made Him both Lord and Messiah — this Jesus, whom you executed on a stake!”

On hearing this, they were stung in their hearts; and they said to Peter and the other Apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?”

Peter answered them, “Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Jesus the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit!

For the promise is for you, your children, and those at a distance — as many as the Lord our God may call!”

He pressed his case with many other arguments and kept pleading with them, “Save yourselves from this perverse generation!”

So those who accepted what he said were immersed, and there were added to the group that day approximately 3000 people.

They continued faithfully in the teaching of the apostles, in fellowship, in breaking bread and in the prayers.

Everyone was filled with awe, and many miracles and signs took place through the apostles.

All those trusting Jesus stayed together and shared everything in common;

in fact, they sold their property and possessions and distributed the proceeds to all who were in need.

Continuing faithfully and with singleness of purpose to meet in the Temple courts daily, and breaking bread in their several homes, they shared their food in joy and simplicity of heart,

praising God and having the respect of all the people. And day after day the Lord kept adding to them those who were being saved.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

1 And in the day of the Pentecost being fulfilled, they were all with one accord at the same place,

2 and there came suddenly out of the heaven a sound as of a bearing violent breath, and it filled all the house where they were sitting,

3 and there appeared to them divided tongues, as it were of fire; it sat also upon each one of them,

4 and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, according as the Spirit was giving them to declare.

5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation of those under the heaven,

6 and the rumour of this having come, the multitude came together, and was confounded, because they were each one hearing them speaking in his proper dialect,

7 and they were all amazed, and did wonder, saying one unto another, `Lo, are not all these who are speaking Galileans?

8 and how do we hear, each in our proper dialect, in which we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and those dwelling in Mesopotamia, in Judea also, and Cappadocia, Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia also, and Pamphylia, Egypt, and the parts of Libya, that [are] along Cyrene, and the strangers of Rome, both Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we did hear them speaking in our tongues the great things of God.'

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one unto another, `What would this wish to be?'

13 and others mocking said, -- `They are full of sweet wine;'

14 and Peter having stood up with the eleven, lifted up his voice and declared to them, `Men, Jews! and all those dwelling in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and harken to my sayings,

15 for these are not drunken, as ye take it up, for it is the third hour of the day.

16 `But this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:

17 And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

18 and also upon My men-servants, and upon My maid-servants, in those days, I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy;

19 and I will give wonders in the heaven above, and signs upon the earth beneath -- blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke,

20 the sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the day of the Lord -- the great and illustrious;

21 and it shall be, every one -- whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.

22 `Men, Israelites! hear these words, Jesus the Nazarene, a man approved of God among you by mighty works, and wonders, and signs, that God did through him in the midst of you, according as also ye yourselves have known;

23 this one, by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, being given out, having taken by lawless hands, having crucified -- ye did slay;

24 whom God did raise up, having loosed the pains of the death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it,

25 for David saith in regard to him: I foresaw the Lord always before me -- because He is on my right hand -- that I may not be moved;

26 because of this was my heart cheered, and my tongue was glad, and yet -- my flesh also shall rest on hope,

27 because Thou wilt not leave my soul to hades, nor wilt Thou give Thy Kind One to see corruption;

28 Thou didst make known to me ways of life, Thou shalt fill me with joy with Thy countenance.

29 `Men, brethren! it is permitted to speak with freedom unto you concerning the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is among us unto this day;

30 a prophet, therefore, being, and knowing that with an oath God did swear to him, out of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, to raise up the Christ, to sit upon his throne,

31 having foreseen, he did speak concerning the rising again of the Christ, that his soul was not left to hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

32 `This Jesus did God raise up, of which we are all witnesses;

33 at the right hand then of God having been exalted -- also the promise of the Holy Spirit having received from the Father -- he was shedding forth this, which now ye see and hear;

34 for David did not go up to the heavens, and he saith himself: The Lord saith to my lord, Sit thou at my right hand,

35 till I make thy foes thy footstool;

36 assuredly, therefore, let all the house of Israel know, that both Lord and Christ did God make him -- this Jesus whom ye did crucify.'

37 And having heard, they were pricked to the heart; they say also to Peter, and to the rest of the apostles, `What shall we do, men, brethren?'

38 and Peter said unto them, `Reform, and be baptized each of you on the name of Jesus Christ, to remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit,

39 for to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all those afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.'

40 Also with many more other words he was testifying and exhorting, saying, `Be saved from this perverse generation;'

41 then those, indeed, who did gladly receive his word were baptized, and there were added on that day, as it were, three thousand souls,

42 and they were continuing stedfastly in the teaching of the apostles, and the fellowship, and the breaking of the bread, and the prayers.

43 And fear came on every soul, many wonders also and signs were being done through the apostles,

44 and all those believing were at the same place, and had all things common,

45 and the possessions and the goods they were selling, and were parting them to all, according as any one had need.

46 Daily also continuing with one accord in the temple, breaking also at every house bread, they were partaking of food in gladness and simplicity of heart,

47 praising God, and having favour with all the people, and the Lord was adding those being saved every day to the assembly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 am 
God

Who wrote the Book of Acts, Nipper?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
The Book of Acts does not specifically identify its author. From Luke 1:1-4 and Acts 1:1-3, it is clear that the same author wrote both Luke and Acts. The tradition from the dawn of the Church has been that Luke, the apostle Paul's companion, penned both Luke and Acts (Colossians 4:14; 2 Timothy 4:11)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
The Book of Acts does not specifically identify its author. From Luke 1:1-4 and Acts 1:1-3, it is clear that the same author wrote both Luke and Acts. The tradition from the dawn of the Church has been that Luke, the apostle Paul's companion, penned both Luke and Acts (Colossians 4:14; 2 Timothy 4:11)

So you don't know. But you believe them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 pm 
God

Does knowing the identity of the author of Luke determine its value or reliability? I doubt that it does.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:24 pm 
God

huckelberry wrote:
Does knowing the identity of the author of Luke determine its value or reliability? I doubt that it does.

It depends on whether it is a work of fiction or history.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

We do know that it is very likely that the same individual penned both books. We know that the individual intimately knew both the Savior and the other disciples. We know that the events are historical and presented honestly and quite clearly. I accept them because the Holy Spirit has shown me that the Bible is a complete book and totally covers every aspect of sin, salvation and eternity. I don't have to make up anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:28 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
I accept them because the Holy Spirit has shown me that the Bible is a complete book and totally covers every aspect of sin, salvation and eternity. I don't have to make up anything.

Well except that in Jude the author quotes passages of scripture from the book of Enoch. If we read that book we see that the "angelic revelations" to Enoch reveal how the flat earth functions. So if angelic revelation can be that far off from reality what can we suppose to be the case for an imaginary spirit friend? :rolleyes:

In time the physical bodies we have will be enhanced to obtain energy directly from nature. - Franktalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

We do know that it is very likely that the same individual penned both books. We know that the individual intimately knew both the Savior and the other disciples. We know that the events are historical and presented honestly and quite clearly. I accept them because the Holy Spirit has shown me that the Bible is a complete book and totally covers every aspect of sin, salvation and eternity. I don't have to make up anything.

You don't have to make up anything but you do, because all you have are your emotions and your fantasies. Your book is perfect except that it isn't. It is full of all wisdom except it isn't. It is a blueprint for all mankind except it isn't. We have thousands of years of history to consult, dear Nipper, which presents us with the Bible's legacy of confusion, oppression and bloodshed. That's what happens when you worship a book. It's grotesque, unrealistic and I doubt it was the original intent of the authors. People worshipped Mein Kampf and Das Kapital and the Q'ran and your Bible and death and delusion result. It's what happens when people surrender their intelligence and integrity to a dogmatic movement. Enjoy. :wink:

P.S. Accepting a book because of the Holy Spirit is also what Joseph Smith taught. Looks like you're a closet Mormon after all. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:23 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

You don't have to make up anything but you do, because all you have are your emotions and your fantasies. Your book is perfect except that it isn't. It is full of all wisdom except it isn't. It is a blueprint for all mankind except it isn't. We have thousands of years of history to consult, dear Nipper, which presents us with the Bible's legacy of confusion, oppression and bloodshed. That's what happens when you worship a book. It's grotesque, unrealistic and I doubt it was the original intent of the authors. People worshipped Mein Kampf and Das Kapital and the Q'ran and your Bible and death and delusion result. It's what happens when people surrender their intelligence and integrity to a dogmatic movement. Enjoy. :wink:

P.S. Accepting a book because of the Holy Spirit is also what Joseph Smith taught. Looks like you're a closet Mormon after all. :lol:

I didn't make up anything. As one reads Acts, one must see that the individual loved Jesus very deeply. That is not what I get from the book of Mormon. The Bible is that only book that promises eternal salvation and a Savior who is also GOD.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm 
God

Acts 3:1-26

One afternoon at 3 o’clock, the hour of prayers, as Peter and John were headed up to the Temple,

a man crippled since birth was being carried in. Every day people used to place him at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple, so that he might beg from those entering into the Temple court.

When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money.

But they stared straight at him; and Peter replied, “Look at us!”

The crippled man fixed his attention on them, expecting to receive something from them.

Peter said, “I don’t have silver or gold, but what I do have I give to you: in the name of the Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth, walk!”

And taking hold of him by his right hand, Peter pulled him up. Instantly his feet and ankles strengthened;

so that he sprang up, stood a moment, and began walking. Then he entered the Temple court with them, walking and skipping and praising God!

Everyone saw him walking and praising God.

They recognized him as the same man who had formerly sat begging at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple, and they were utterly amazed and confounded at what had occurred to him.

While he clung to Peter and John, all the people came running in astonishment toward them in Solomon's Colonnade.

Seeing this, Peter addressed the people: “Men of Israel! Why are you amazed at this? Or why do you stare at us as if we had made this man walk through some power or godliness of our own?

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus — the same Jesus you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even after Pilate had decided to release Him.

You denied the holy and innocent One, and instead asked for the reprieve of a murderer!

You killed the Creator of life!

“But God has raised him from the dead! Of this we are witnesses.

And it is through putting trust in His name that His name has given strength to this man whom you see and know. Yes, it is the trust that comes through Jesus which has given him this perfect healing in all your presents.

“Now, brothers, I know that you did not understand the significance of what you were doing; neither did your leaders.

But this is how God fulfilled what He had announced in advance, when he spoke through all the prophets, namely, that His Messiah was to die.

“Therefore, repent and turn to God, so that your sins may be erased;

so that times of refreshing may come from the Lord’s presence; and He may send the Messiah appointed in advance for you, that is, Jesus.

He has to remain in heaven until the time comes for restoring everything, as God said long ago, when he spoke through the holy prophets.

For Moses himself said, ‘The Lord will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You are to listen to everything He instructs you.

Everyone who fails to listen to that prophet will be removed from the people and destroyed.’

Indeed, all the prophets announced these days, starting with Samuel and continuing through all who followed.

“You are the sons of the prophets; and you are included in the covenant which God made with our fathers when he said to Abraham, ‘By your seed will all the families of the earth be blessed.’

So it is to you first that God has sent His servant whom He has raised up, so that He might bless you by turning each one of you from your evil pursuits.”

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

1 And Peter and John were going up at the same time to the temple, at the hour of the prayer, the ninth [hour],

2 and a certain man, being lame from the womb of his mother, was being carried, whom they were laying every day at the gate of the temple, called Beautiful, to ask a kindness from those entering into the temple,

3 who, having seen Peter and John about to go into the temple, was begging to receive a kindness.

4 And Peter, having looked stedfastly toward him with John, said, `Look toward us;'

5 and he was giving heed to them, looking to receive something from them;

6 and Peter said, `Silver and gold I have none, but what I have, that I give to thee; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and be walking.'

7 And having seized him by the right hand, he raised [him] up, and presently his feet and ankles were strengthened,

8 and springing up, he stood, and was walking, and did enter with them into the temple, walking and springing, and praising God;

9 and all the people saw him walking and praising God,

10 they were knowing him also that this it was who for a kindness was sitting at the Beautiful gate of the temple, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what hath happened to him.

11 And at the lame man who was healed holding Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch called Solomon's -- greatly amazed,

12 and Peter having seen, answered unto the people, `Men, Israelites! why wonder ye at this? or on us why look ye so earnestly, as if by our own power or piety we have made him to walk?

13 `The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, did glorify His child Jesus, whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, he having given judgment to release [him],

14 and ye the Holy and Righteous One did deny, and desired a man -- a murderer -- to be granted to you,

15 and the Prince of the life ye did kill, whom God did raise out of the dead, of which we are witnesses;

16 and on the faith of his name, this one whom ye see and have known, his name made strong, even the faith that [is] through him did give to him this perfect soundness before you all.

17 `And now, brethren, I have known that through ignorance ye did [it], as also your rulers;

18 and God, what things before He had declared through the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ should suffer, He did thus fulfil;

19 reform ye, therefore, and turn back, for your sins being blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

20 and He may send Jesus Christ who before hath been preached to you,

21 whom it behoveth heaven, indeed, to receive till times of a restitution of all things, of which God spake through the mouth of all His holy prophets from the age.

22 `For Moses, indeed, unto the fathers said -- A prophet to you shall the Lord your God raise up out of your brethren, like to me; him shall ye hear in all things, as many as he may speak unto you;

23 and it shall be, every soul that may not hear that prophet shall be utterly destroyed out of the people;

24 and also all the prophets from Samuel and those following in order, as many as spake, did also foretell of these days.

25 `Ye are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant that God made unto our fathers, saying unto Abraham: And in thy seed shall be blessed all the families of the earth;

26 to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.'

Last edited by LittleNipper on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:43 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
I didn't make up anything. As one reads Acts, one must see that the individual loved Jesus very deeply. That is not what I get from the book of Mormon. The Bible is that only book that promises eternal salvation and a Savior who is also GOD.

The Book of Mormon promises those things too. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

According to the book of Mormon, what must one do to be saved?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

No, no, you're approaching this wrong. First you have to confirm by the Holy Spirit that the Book of Mormon is true. Then you can start beginning to understand it. :lol: It's just like the Bible but includes America. Think of it as a patch on the old software that didn't quite fix all the problems. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:41 pm 
God

Quote:

Both Catholic.org and the LDS Bible Dictionary state that Luke wrote the Book of Acts.

Quote:
Luke, the writer of the Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles, has been identified with St. Paul's "Luke, the beloved physician" (Colossians 4:14). We know few other facts about Luke's life from Scripture and from early Church historians.

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=76

Quote:
Mentioned three times in the N.T. (Col. 4: 14; 2 Tim. 4: 11; Philem. 1: 24). He was also the writer of the third Gospel and of the Acts. In all passages in the latter book in which the first person plural is used (e.g., Acts 16: 10), we can assume that Luke was Paul’s fellow-traveler. He was born of gentile parents, and practiced medicine. He may have become a believer before our Lord’s ascension, but there is no evidence of this.

http://classic.scriptures.LDS.org/en/bd/l/44

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
If one accepts that Luke was in fact the author of the Gospel bearing his name and also the Acts of the Apostles, certain details of his personal life can be reasonably assumed. While he does exclude himself from those who were eyewitnesses to Jesus' ministry, he repeatedly uses the word "we" in describing the Pauline missions in Acts of the Apostles, indicating that he was personally there at those times.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_the_Evangelist

And there is this:

Quote:
Author: The Book of Acts does not specifically identify its author. From Luke 1:1-4 and Acts 1:1-3, it is clear that the same author wrote both Luke and Acts. The tradition from the earliest days of the church has been that Luke, a companion of the apostle Paul, wrote both Luke and Acts (Colossians 4:14; 2 Timothy 4:11).

https://www.gotquestions.org/Book-of-Acts.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:47 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

No, no, you're approaching this wrong. First you have to confirm by the Holy Spirit that the Book of Mormon is true. Then you can start beginning to understand it. :lol: It's just like the Bible but includes America. Think of it as a patch on the old software that didn't quite fix all the problems. :wink:

Jesus was asked, "What must one do to be saved." Jesus didn't go into any long dissertation with regard to accepting the Bible as true. Jesus did explain salvation. Mormons promote a book. Jesus never did that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Jesus was asked, "What must one do to be saved." Jesus didn't go into any long dissertation with regard to accepting the Bible as true. Jesus did explain salvation. Mormons promote a book. Jesus never did that.

You're here promoting a book. And of course you avoided the issues again.

The problem is you have to believe the book first in order to believe the book. True of the Bible. True of the Q'ran. True of the Book of Mormon.

And the books have created more division, not produced peace or enlightenment or salvation. That's why there are so many cults and sects and warring factions among them all. Each one trying to push the others around with their imaginary friend to back them up. :lol:

Here are some folks who have managed to get very rich off of pushing the Bible. You can judge for yourself whether they emulate Jesus or not. But they know their Bible.... :lol:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/tele-ev ... tyles.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:59 pm 
God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorshi ... %80%93Acts

Interesting that there is controversy about the Luke authorship, and Bart Ehrman even considers Acts a forgery.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:01 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_Luke%E2%80%93Acts

Interesting that there is controversy about the Luke authorship, and Bart Ehrman even considers Acts a forgery.
The guy is from Princeton. Sorry, I would never accept anyones opinion from Princeton. It is a very liberal school that imagines it is conservative. This guy is not even a Christian in the Biblical sense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:56 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_Luke%E2%80%93Acts

The guy is from Princeton. Sorry, I would never accept anyones opinion from Princeton. It is a very liberal school that imagines it is conservative. This guy is not even a Christian in the Biblical sense.

So Oral Roberts, Bob Jones, Liberty and that creationist trailer university are okay but not Princeton? Got it. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 228  Next