It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 pm 
1st Counselor

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm
Posts: 472
Eventually they will figure it out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 10932
bomgeography wrote:
Eventually they will figure it out.


They did, but it just doesn't fit your interpretations which you admit are biased and not up for negotiation.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm
Posts: 7529
Location: Multiverse
bomgeography wrote:
Eventually they will figure it out.


This is part of the Great Commission. Are you listening to the voice of the Adversary, telling you to give up? Do you lack the faith, the heart, the courage? Or is it that you secretly know that your cause is hopeless but you can't come up with anything else to do with yourself? You don't have to put it on the line here. With peer review someone would accept or reject, not let you prattle on and say anything you please like we do here. :lol:

_________________
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers. — Thomas Pynchon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:01 am
Posts: 4933
Themis wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Point me to the one where a PhD in anthropology, archaeology or history endorses the Hopewell equals Nephite theory. That should be easy. Don't be afraid.



If the evidence is so good these scientists should be saying the Hopewell's are a recent introduction into the Americas from the middle east.


Why haven't Church leaders come out and confirmed the Hopewell are in fact the Nephites/Lamanites?

_________________
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:08 pm 
1st Counselor

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm
Posts: 472
The church officially does not take a position on who the Nephites were


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm 
Stake President
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 594
bomgeography wrote:
The church officially does not take a position on who the Nephites were


They used to in my youth. Now that all of this evidence that you claim exists, why do you suppose the church no longer takes a position?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 pm 
1st Counselor

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm
Posts: 472
That's because in your youth it was meso America 2000 miles away from the hill Cumorah and found no evidence for it. The North American model has evidence and matches the Book of Mormon much better.

I was taught in seminary it took place in meso america


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:01 am
Posts: 4933
bomgeography wrote:
The church officially does not take a position on who the Nephites were


I know that. I'm suggesting you think about why...

_________________
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 am 
Stake President
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 594
bomgeography wrote:
The church officially does not take a position on who the Nephites were


tapirrider wrote:
They used to in my youth. Now that all of this evidence that you claim exists, why do you suppose the church no longer takes a position?


bomgeography wrote:
That's because in your youth it was meso America 2000 miles away from the hill Cumorah and found no evidence for it. The North American model has evidence and matches the Book of Mormon much better.

I was taught in seminary it took place in meso america


David McKane, you are quite young aren't you? I can assure you that it was not Mesoamerica in my youth. It was hemispheric. Have you even read my posts? I was taught that the Cumorah in New York was the location of the final battle, it was stated so by apostles in General Conference numerous times. The church of your youth was not even the same church as the one from mine.

You claim to have all of this evidence, but the church stopped saying where the final battle happened. They no longer claim a hemispheric model and have no official position on where any of it happened. All of your so-called research and claims are not backed by the church. What will you do if the church announces at some point in the future that the Book of Mormon is no longer canonized scripture and is not an ancient record?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 am 
Stake President
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 594
bomgeography wrote:
Eventually they will figure it out.


They have figured it out but you refuse to accept it. You reject science when it does not support your fantasy and you cherry pick bits and pieces from science to create an illusion that science backs your wild claims. David, science has the answers but you simply don't want to hear the truth.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:12 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 1269
bomgeography wrote:
The church officially does not take a position on who the Nephites were

That's because the church has living prophets and apostles who receive ongoing revelation - Oh wait. :lol:

_________________
Bring back the lions, the Romans weren't stupid.
In my mind science could make great leaps forward if it can just get over this nonsense about observed things. - Franktalk
I say there is no such thing as a biological creature. - Franktalk
In time the physical bodies we have will be enhanced to obtain energy directly from nature. - Franktalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Question for bomgeography about the flood
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:20 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm
Posts: 7529
Location: Multiverse
spotlight wrote:
bomgeography wrote:
The church officially does not take a position on who the Nephites were

That's because the church has living prophets and apostles who receive ongoing revelation - Oh wait. :lol:


Nephites per David McKane:

Image

Image


Nephites per The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (owner and authorized interpreter of the Book of Mormon)


Image

Image

Image

The church still continues to choose to use MesoAmerican cultural representations to illustrate the Book of Mormon. The church leaders would not promulgate an erroneous illustration of the Book of Mormon. They are aware of and have rejected the Heartland Model. Their actions confirm this. :wink:

May, Meldrum and McKane are Mormon fringe entrepreneurs walking the edge of apostasy. I have nothing against apostasy but when it's done in the service of disgusting, fraudulent pseudoscience for bucks, it's even worse than fanatical religion. Blech.

_________________
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers. — Thomas Pynchon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group