From ''Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon''

The anything-goes forum for insults, board drama, and interpersonal conflicts. No moderation. Rated R to NC-17.
Post Reply
User avatar
honorentheos
God
Posts: 10376
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm

From ''Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon''

Post by honorentheos »

Hey Smokey,

Jesus was a descendant of King David, and the Book of Revelations calls him the Lion of Judah.

Jesus was of the tribe of Judah, and is the central figure of the New Testament. King David was of the tribe of Judah, established the Kingdom of Israel seated in Jerusalem, and was central to the national identity of the people of the covenant in the OT. Isaiah was named in the Book of Mormon as one of the most important of the OT prophets. He lived in Kingdom of Judah and was central to Book of Mormon tying the people of that book to their old world connections. The angel in 1 Nephi 13 describes the words in the Bible as pure and having come from the mouth of the Jew.

I can see why you want to spend your free time spamming the board rather than getting back to the claim you can acknowledge and address issues with your anti-Semitic bile. And yes, we know Semites are a broader category than just the Hebrew people. But you should take that problem up with the proto-Nazis in 19th century Germany who popularized the term as a way of trying to make their hatred for Jews seem like it wasn't about their religion but about their blood lines. Anti-Semitism was a German anti-Jewish propaganda term so if you have an issue with it, take it up with their litter of rat pups progeny on 4chan.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

User avatar
Smokey
Bishop
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Smokey »

honorentheos wrote:Hey Smokey,

I can see why you want to spend your free time spamming the board rather than getting back to the claim you can acknowledge and address issues with your anti-Semitic bile.


On the contrary. First of all I have never posted anything anti-Semitic. I thoughtfully laid out my argument in a thread that was immediately spammed to death. So if that’s what is tolerated here on the anti-Mormon free speech board, I will not waste my time explaining things to you that will just be SPAMMED to death.

SPAM and off topic posts are clearly in violation of the rules, rules that I have in good faith followed.

I’m merely trying to call attention to these posts so that something can be done and I can get back to answering questions full of weasel-words and challenging bad assumptions.
*All Posts Are Satire*

User avatar
honorentheos
God
Posts: 10376
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by honorentheos »

Smokey wrote:
honorentheos wrote:Hey Smokey,

I can see why you want to spend your free time spamming the board rather than getting back to the claim you can acknowledge and address issues with your anti-Semitic bile.


On the contrary. First of all I have never posted anything anti-Semitic. I thoughtfully laid out my argument in a thread that was immediately spammed to death. So if that’s what is tolerated here on the anti-Mormon free speech board, I will not waste my time explaining things to you that will just be SPAMMED to death.

We have this same thread going on down in Spirit Paradise. To my knowledge you haven't sincerely engaged anyone in the copycat thread here in Terrestrial so whatever you care to claim it isn't fair to say you were attempting a discussion in good faith.

As to your argument, there have been a number of issues pointed out for you to address in the other thread in SP. I suppose a person genuinely intent on demonstrating their good faith would engage those arguments directly but...well.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

User avatar
Dr Exiled
God
Posts: 3157
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Dr Exiled »

How about you just make your point in a couple of sentences instead of monopolizing the site with your build up? Just spit it out already.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

User avatar
Smokey
Bishop
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Smokey »

honorentheos wrote:To my knowledge you haven't sincerely engaged anyone



This is simply not true and can be verified by reading the thread that has been SPAMMED to death.

I realize it’s hard to read after it was SPAMMED, which was always the point.

I am more than happy to continue to engage those who want to thoughtfully debate any topic when the SPAM is removed from the thread in accordance with the site rules.
*All Posts Are Satire*

Master_DC
Nursery
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Master_DC »

Removed by master_dcc: off-topic
Last edited by Master_DC on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smokey
Bishop
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Smokey »

Master_DC wrote:As soon as you, Smokey, used terms like "Holopologist" the desire to engage and take what you write seriously is gone.


Mopologist has meaning, but Holopologist does not? That’s sort of dense...

I have zero tolerance for conspiracy theorists who deny human tragedies.


Well, I don’t care about the personal sensibilities of an obvious sock puppet and I reject your accusation that I am denying any human tragedy.


I personally have engaged with WW2 vets, one was the first allied troop in a concentration camp, and his story is a defining moment in my life. And guess what, he is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


No WWII historian has ever denied the existence of concentration camps in Germany, the Soviet Union, or the United States. I certainly have not.

Your twisting of the meaning of words to fit your message is tiresome, a inline what has put a wedge between me and the faith of my childhood.

Go watch the new Mr. Rogers movie and take notes on how to interact with the world around you. Maybe you can release the hate the you hold in your heart.


This is a personal attack and very offensive. It is devoid of any substance and made in bad faith.

Before you can say it, the "anti-mormon" behavior on this board is not the same as the drivel you are pushing.


I’m not “pushing drivel” but you are using weasel-words.

Can you explain why criticizing the beliefs of Jews is anti-Semitic, but criticizing the beliefs of Mormons is NOT anti-Mormon?

No you can’t, because that is nonsensical.
*All Posts Are Satire*

Master_DC
Nursery
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Master_DC »

Removed due to being off-topic
Last edited by Master_DC on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smokey
Bishop
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Smokey »

Master_DC wrote:During the WW2, did the AXIS conduct mass executions in the concentration camps? This is a simple yes or know question.
.

Were people executed? Yes. I believe so. Of course no historian denies this.

The outlandish suggestion that homicidal gas chambers, steam chambers, electrified floors, rollercoasters of death, anus gas pumps, peddle driven brain smashing bicycle machines, were used to exterminate a race (or is it religion?) of people in the German-run concentration camps is not supported by any evidence and is rather unbelievable.

Having the intellectual integrity to say so is not hate speech just like repeating any other historical fact is not hate speech and people shouldn’t be thrown in jail just like critics of Mormons should not be thrown in jail.
*All Posts Are Satire*

Master_DC
Nursery
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Master_DC »

Thanks for the answer. I stand by my earlier remarks, which I will remove because they are off topic to this thread.

User avatar
Smokey
Bishop
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Re: Possible Modern Source for the Book of Mormon

Post by Smokey »

Master_DC wrote:Thanks for the answer. I stand by my earlier remarks, which I will remove because they are off topic to this thread.


You stand by them so much you deleted them. Ok. Sure.
*All Posts Are Satire*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests