It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW ORDER Mormon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:33 am 
God

What ever happened at NOM? Does anyone know why they just up and closed shop? Did all those years of posting just, poof, disappear into space, or can one access those discussion somewhere on the dark web? Anyone had contact with Thayne or know if he's still on the Mormon circuit?

I recognize many NOM handles over here. I miss that board, even though I'm not really NOM anymore.

PS. I'm posting this in Telestial on purpose, as a protest and to avoid the moderation that is ruining the terrestrial kingdom.

Release the Kraken.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

Post subject: Re: NEW ORDER Mormon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:16 am 
God

It's still there. Here is the URL:

https://newordermormon.net/

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 am 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:

No, that is not NOM. That is a recent attempt to recreate NOM.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 pm 
God

cwald wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:

Oh, OK. Sorry about that. What was the original URL? Maybe I can research it and find the cache.

ETA--Since John Dehlin was the founder of NOM, could he have taken the message board down? Maybe he couldn't fund it anymore? Just wondering.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:37 pm 
God

org.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm 
God

cwald wrote:
PS. I'm posting this in Telestial on purpose, as a protest and to avoid the moderation that is ruining the terrestrial kingdom.

Release the Kraken.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
ETA--Since John Dehlin was the founder of NOM, could he have taken the message board down? Maybe he couldn't fund it anymore? Just wondering.

John Dehlin was not the founder. It was started by a guy who went by LDSMan. He has since passed away. The last owner-operator was Thayne, who has not responded to various attempts to reach him. An offer has apparently been made to even buy the data from him, but still no response.

A poster at NOM 2.0 has discovered that some pages can be retrieved from the Way Back Machine website.

The loss of historical NOM data is sad. However, the new board is actually better if you go by the criteria of having fewer penguin posts censored.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am 
God

moksha wrote:
The last owner-operator was Thayne, who has not responded to various attempts to reach him. An offer has apparently been made to even buy the data from him, but still no response.

A poster at NOM 2.0 has discovered that some pages can be retrieved from the Way Back Machine website.

The loss of historical NOM data is sad. However, the new board is actually better if you go by the criteria of having fewer penguin posts censored.

Thanks for the update. Please keep us updated if anything changes in regards to that "historical data." Interesting about being less censored posts. I kind of migrated here after they banned, oh ____, what is his screen name? That ostrich guy. He posted here a few times and even stopped by my place in Oregon to check out my brewery. Anyway, that was kind of the writing on the wall for me, but I wish I had saved some of my stuff. I had thousands of pages describing my journey through "apostasy" that I wish I had saved. And that Beer 101 thread was just pretty awesome and chuck full of good information for the recent ex mo starting out in the world of beer... and all those recipes for the home brewer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:02 am 
God

cwald wrote:
Thanks for the update. Please keep us updated if anything changes in regards to that "historical data." Interesting about being less censored posts. I kind of migrated here after they banned, oh ____, what is his screen name? That ostrich guy. He posted here a few times and even stopped by my place in Oregon to check out my brewery. Anyway, that was kind of the writing on the wall for me, but I wish I had saved some of my stuff. I had thousands of pages describing my journey through "apostasy" that I wish I had saved. And that Beer 101 thread was just pretty awesome and chuck full of good information for the recent ex mo starting out in the world of beer... and all those recipes for the home brewer.

Lost beer recipes, truly sad.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm 
God

Cwald, you are thinking of Zadok. I really miss him too. Wonder if he is still on that motorhome tour of America? Maybe he is exploring a giant ball of string somewhere in the heartland. If so, perhaps he has devised an updated string theory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:14 pm 
Founder & Visionary

cwald wrote:
I kind of migrated here after they banned, oh ____, what is his screen name? That ostrich guy.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)

The NOM is dead. Long live the NOM.

I'm interested in retrieving the old NOM posts too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 am 
God

moksha wrote:
Cwald, you are thinking of Zadok.

Right. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
cwald wrote:
I kind of migrated here after they banned, oh ____, what is his screen name? That ostrich guy.

Ah. A classic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 pm 
Sunbeam

As far as I can tell Thayne pulled the plug. The old data is probably gone as it was hosted on Bluehost and the old newordermormon.org would redirect to an admin page requesting an account issue to be addressed. It was that way for about a year. It now redirects to some other page and the domain may have been grabbed by someone. Who knows.

Hagoth, Corsair, and I set up Newordermormon.net mainly to create a space to continue online friendships and to have an outlet for dealing with a TBM spouse. We even invited the Emu Zadok back! He posted a couple of times and then disappeared. It's true we don't moderate much and the tone leans heavy towards non belief. Probably because most of us are non believers married to a TBM spouse. Or probably because the middle way doesn't exist.

We've reached out to Thayne a few times through his daughter, through Lindsey Hanson Park, and through Froggie. No response. It is what it is. He owned and paid for the board so I guess it was his right. Sad to say many of us had documented our journeys out of Mormonism over there.

That Beer 101 thread was great. You should stop by again and start a new one. You still have a user name. PM me here if you want your password reset.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:22 pm 
First Presidency

cwald wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:

Yeah, it’s sad because the few on there silence any beliefs they disagree with which discourages diverse perspectives. Here people follow one another in trying to put down thoughts that contradict the group’s leftists ideologies - but at least there is no silencing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:42 am 
God

Amore, you make a good case against persecution by a hostile board or jury.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:34 am 
God

NOM is still around..a group that is still together.. I post once in a while on there...they are mild...but sincere folks still dealing with a lot of things while still members.