All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All out war?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:02 pm 
Dragon

A very misguided and confused member of this forum recently posted this:

mentalgymnast wrote:
On another thread a poster said this:

Quote:
All I can say is go ahead and post on any thread except your own whinefests and see what happens. This is ALL OUT WAR. Look out, Walking Troll. October 23rd Comment

and

Quote:
And what DMZ Zone? I never agreed to any DMZ Zone... October 25th Comment

and

Quote:
I guarantee this is not over. A Prediction, October 25th Comment

and

Quote:
I advise this person to be very, very careful when he addresses my comments...October 23rd Comment

I have created a DMZ for myself which I will not cross. I don't have anyone on ignore, including the poster who made these comments. But I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to this poster from here on out. Directly or indirectly. That is a commitment which I make for all to see and understand. I do feel bad that this situation escalated to where it has. For me, the best thing to do is create a personal space between myself and this poster. I don't think he will have any concerns in regards to having to engage in further 'warfare'.

That's not where I want to go.

Regards,
MG

Unfortunately, this person has totally mischaracterized what I wrote and why I wrote it. (No surprise there). Instead of reading what I wrote with any comprehension, he takes different comments from DIFFERENT DAYS and splices them together sans their true context. This is not the first time he has done this. And so, here we are. It's NOT over, and I predicted this. But I am not going to allow him to continually mischaracterize me in this way.

Here is the true context of what I wrote TWO DAYS AGO, when Shades just became involved and this vacuous person was still trolling me:

Quote:
What Mental is basically doing here, is calling me "Satan" or the "opposition". It's an old Mormon trick. I'm "playing my part" as Satan does. He then tries to defend his totally asinine statement that no one can be rational, even though he said that he was a few days earlier. Specifically said so. This is simply a sample of what I have to go through EVERY TIME MDicknastic posts on my threads. I'm sick of it. So, I'll be there from now on, except when he STARTS his own thread, to take his words and TRANSLATE them from their original ____.

All I can say is go ahead and post on any thread except your own whinefests and see what happens. This is ALL OUT WAR. Look out, Walking Troll.

This was below examples of him TROLLING ME. That is what he does. So yes, TWO DAYS AGO, I declared "War" on him. That was BEFORE he announced to the board that he would leave me alone. But has he? NO. HE JUST STARTED ANOTHER WHINEFEST THREAD, WHEN HE WAS TOLD NOT TO, ABOUT ME.
So can I take him at his word? NO.

After his initial comment on his "All out war?" thread, he said this,

Quote:
On that thread the poster is making clear...and announcing to all...that from his view, warfare is going to possibly infiltrate threads in which I am participating. He was notifying everyone of that fact. I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did, but with the intent to squelch and/or put a stop to that declared war...at least as far as I'm concerned.

Warfare already HAD infiltrated other threads. I did that TWO ____ DAYS AGO. This is INDIRECTLY referencing me, so he JUST BROKE HIS WORD. WTF? This is why I have declared WAR. He needs to ____ STOP this ____, so now I have kept my word and am busy on other threads "translating" his comments. He can stop this. Easily. But will he? No. So... AGAIN ... it's not over.

What I recommend to Shades is putting BOTH of these and the other two threads into the Telestial Forum, and banning Mental from making more threads like this in THIS FORUM. If he doesn't make them here about me, I won't respond to them here.

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

Post subject: Re: All out war?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:31 pm 
Dragon

He JUST posted:

Quote:
The poster in question that has issues with me said/laid out what they believed/felt needed to be said on their thread, and I respect that.

Again, I'm setting up a DMZ...for me... and refuse to continue the contention and/or warfare which was declared and/or alluded to and I have laid out how I am willing to help in alleviating the concerns of the poster in question.

That should be a welcome move.

OK? :smile:

Maybe it can stop here now...?

NO WE CAN'T. Because YOU won't. Stop referring to me, stop mentioning me except if you want to address Mormon History in a RESPECTFUL manner without making SNIDE comments about me and I will reciprocate. Until you do this, I will continue the war. Got it? ____?

PS. You can make ANY thread you want about me and say ANYTHING you want... IN THE TELESTIAL FORUM and I WILL NOT respond HERE on ANY THREAD.

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:38 pm 
Dragon

Quote:
I was hoping to be done after the OP. Others have jumped in which has required that I respond. I'm hoping that the OP can just stand alone at this point and we can move on...

Then you should have said so IN THE OP, ____, and not taken my words out of their rightful context. Again, you bring this on yourself. But that's what you wanted from the start. You could have let it go, like I asked, BUT YOU WON'T. You took comments from TWO ____ days ago and are whining about them NOW. How stupid are you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:38 pm 
God

Why don't both of you just put each other on Ignore and be done with it? Then neither of you are even tempted to read the other's posts. And you can just move on with your lives.

Grindael, if you put MG on ignore, then his posts just shrink down to nothing. You won't even see or have to concern yourself with what he is posting unless you CHOOSE to click to expand it.

I already told MG to put you on Ignore. If you both did that, then you can just move on, and act as if neither of you exists.

Grindael, for what it's worth, I enjoy reading your posts, and admire the amount of research you put into your topics. I know a lot of others feel the same way. Just engage those of us who are actually interested in what you have to say, and ignore the rest.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:42 pm 
Dragon

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Why don't both of you just put each other on Ignore and be done with it? Then neither of you are even tempted to read the other's posts. And you can just move on with your lives.

Grindael, if you put MG on ignore, then his posts just shrink down to nothing. You won't even see or have to concern yourself with what he is posting unless you CHOOSE to click to expand it.

I already told MG to put you on Ignore. If you both did that, then you can just move on, and act as if neither of you exists.

Grindael, for what it's worth, I enjoy reading your posts, and admire the amount of research you put into your topics. I know a lot of others feel the same way. Just engage those of us who are actually interested in what you have to say, and ignore the rest.

Thank you Jesse, but unfortunately I've tried that and he will not stop. I'm sick of it. He declared he would not put me on ignore and I don't want him attacking me. It's so simple, but HE WILL NOT STOP. So here we are. Perhaps it will sink in when I do to him, what he's been doing to me for years now. He once followed me from thread to thread, even after I deleted the threads and my comments and started them over, to troll me. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF HIM. When someone is that morally bankrupt, you cannot act like it is a normal person who would keep their word. HE WON'T. He never does.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:45 pm 
God

I don't think it is going to sink in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 pm 
Dragon

fetchface wrote:
I don't think it is going to sink in.

No, it won't. And I have news for him, until he DELETES all his out of context comments in that "war" thread, or Shades moves it or he has Shades move it to where it RIGHTLY BELONGS, the war is on. I just don't care anymore. I am now out to PUNISH him. I was having a respectful, interesting conversation on Mormon History, and he just blew up my thread. AGAIN. I'm sick of it. So, he can break the rules and whine about it, I'm going to punish him for it.

He can make it go away. He knows how to. But will he? You know he won't.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:03 pm 
God

Did you report his derail in the history thread?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:07 pm 
Dragon

fetchface wrote:
Did you report his derail in the history thread?

I responded and reported my own comment with context.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:01 pm 
Founder & Visionary

grindael wrote:
I was having a respectful, interesting conversation on Mormon History, and he just blew up my thread. AGAIN.

Just now? If so, I'm afraid I'm not seeing it, so will you please post a link to it so I can clean it up for you?

--Philo Soffee, 11-30-2017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:07 pm 
Dragon

Dr. Shades wrote:
grindael wrote:
I was having a respectful, interesting conversation on Mormon History, and he just blew up my thread. AGAIN.

Just now? If so, I'm afraid I'm not seeing it, so will you please post a link to it so I can clean it up for you?

No, he did so on the Inconsistencies Thread, something he did before on more than one occasion therefore the "again".

Will you please move the four threads to the Telestial Forum and tell him to post his personal laundry there where it's appropriate so I don't have to respond here? Please?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:47 pm 
Founder & Visionary

grindael wrote:
No, he did so on the Inconsistencies Thread, something he did before on more than one occasion therefore the "again".

Okay. That's already been cleaned up.

Quote:
Will you please move the four threads to the Telestial Forum and tell him to post his personal laundry there where it's appropriate so I don't have to respond here? Please?

Done.

--Philo Soffee, 11-30-2017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm 
Dragon

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 am 
God

A comment from another All Out War thread...
mentalgymnast wrote:
Those situations are going to occur now and then...[because I make them happen when I troll grindael].

Fixed it for you.

Dr. Shades wrote:
mentalgymnast's posts in grindael's most recent threads clearly suffered from "The Tobin Syndrome."

Definition of Tobin Syndrome:
Quote:
Yet at a certain point, being a contrarian simply for the sake of being a contrarian, even when one is technically ON-topic, counts as "trolling." And trolling is a derailment...

[Tobin's] contrarian-ness became not so much to provide the LDS point of view (as he did at the beginning) as it was to distract and annoy the opening poster (in my reasoned opinion). That's why I had to place his posts on the queue.

viewtopic.php?p=1018463#p1018463