It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:38 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
Quote:
After having listened to this brilliant man ...


In a pig's eye you did. If, by some slim chance you did, you didn't understand a word he said.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:01 am
Posts: 6669
mentalgymnast wrote:
The whole podcast has golden nuggets of wisdom. After having listened to this brilliant man I am more convinced than ever that I should always keep an open mind to all that is around me. Experientially, spiritually, and in my religiosity. I hope I never fall into the trap of becoming overly dogmatic/inflexable in my positions.

I find it disheartening when I perceive that others are doing so.

BTW, do you never get tired of swearing and calling other people names?

Regards,
MG


Can you think of an example where you’ve been open to Mormonism not being true because of something experiential or spiritual?

_________________
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
Quote:
You can wear out your life trying to disprove the BofM...which apparently you are well on your way to doing. In my opinion there will always continue to be evidence/counter evidence.


This is simply gobbledygook. Your opinion of what constitutes reality doesn't answer any questions ABOUT the evidence. You didn't address ANY OF IT. You simply employed special pleading to try and sweep it aside.

I don't have to prove OR disprove the Book of Mormon. It does that ALL BY ITSELF. I'm relating the evidence surrounding it's coming forth and comparing accounts and showing inconsistency in those accounts. Instead of addressing that, you sidestepped the entire issue and claimed that it doesn't matter because of special pleading (subjective experiences). This is a cop out and your M.O. YOU HAVE NO COUNTER EVIDENCE. NONE AT ALL, because YOU DO NO RESEARCH. You are a lazy TROLL.

Nothing matters to you because you believe the "faithful" narrative and so you simply attack those that see inconsistency and contradiction in it and in the Book of Mormon itself. No original though proving responses. Simply Apologist blather and bearing of testimonies. Where Joseph Smith IS consistent, I note it in my research. He was very consistent with his adultery for example.

This kind of moronic trolling is your stock in trade. Why won't you address that Pratt prophesied that the Book of Mormon had proven itself false? Can't find any Apologist response that you can regurgitate?

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:04 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
grindael wrote:
I'm sure you did google the word rational, because you didn't know anything about what the person was claiming in the podcast. You never listed to it.


Strike two. You are making stuff up. See my sigline.

grindael wrote:
A few days ago, you were claiming to BE rational, yet you claimed after you found the article/podcast that no one could be rational.


This podcast opened up a number insights and points of view that I hadn't fleshed out to the extent that this fellow has. In that process I observed that neither I or anyone else can be completely aware of all of our own personal biases or incomplete or distorted mental maps. We all are subject to influences that gum up the works in regards to rationality and logic.

Granted, some are more practiced and able to get at theorems that are accepted by a greater number of people. But to get to a theorem the axiomatic statements along the way have to be thoroughly established and accepted. That is the business that you are in. That is the business that practiced apologists are in.

The stick in the mud, so to speak, is that along the way no one can approach everything in a purely rational way. At the end of the day, we are left with choices between competing 'rationales' based upon what is considered to be acceptable evidence by opposing parties. It's important to remember that no ONE of us can come to and progress through a line of investigation...especially in the study of history...without making missteps along the way.

That applies to you also. I've already mentioned that the work that you do is essential in producing more 'fodder' for investigation. But as I've already said, it is my belief...at least at this point anyway in my own faith journey...that at the end of the day you are farting into the wind.

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
I have a question wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
The whole podcast has golden nuggets of wisdom. After having listened to this brilliant man I am more convinced than ever that I should always keep an open mind to all that is around me. Experientially, spiritually, and in my religiosity. I hope I never fall into the trap of becoming overly dogmatic/inflexable in my positions.

I find it disheartening when I perceive that others are doing so.

BTW, do you never get tired of swearing and calling other people names?

Regards,
MG


Can you think of an example where you’ve been open to Mormonism not being true because of something experiential or spiritual?


Yes. Many times. You must think of me as a morgbot, right? I'm sure that you've had these experiences along the way also? What has your response been?

Probably somewhat different than mine. :wink:

grindael, if you would like this thread to continue in the direction that you originally intended, just say the word. I know things have sidetracked a bit.

I'd already given my two cents earlier and was willing to let it go at that. I'm willing to bow out if we are able to acknowledge our differences at this point and move on...

Your move.

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:18 pm 
Sunbeam
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:55 pm
Posts: 40
Grindael, I'd like to read your book someday.

MG, I'm not sure if I'd like to smell your farts in the wind, but maybe someday. Someday... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
Red Ryder wrote:
Grindael, I'd like to read your book someday.

MG, I'm not sure if I'd like to smell your farts in the wind, but maybe someday. Someday... :lol:


I guarantee it would not be a pleasant experience. Truth be told, however, I'd just as well not smell grindael's either. Farts are farts. :wink:

Says this old fart. :smile:

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:
I'm sure you did google the word rational, because you didn't know anything about what the person was claiming in the podcast. You never listed to it.


Strike two. You are making stuff up. See my sigline.

Nope, I'm not, but you are and I have SHOWED THE EVIDENCE. Your "sigline" is ridiculous and embarrassing tripe.


grindael wrote:
A few days ago, you were claiming to BE rational, yet you claimed after you found the article/podcast that no one could be rational.


This podcast opened up a number insights and points of view that I hadn't fleshed out to the extent that this fellow has. In that process I observed that neither I or anyone else can be completely aware of all of our own personal biases or incomplete or distorted mental maps. We all are subject to influences that gum up the works in regards to rationality and logic.

Granted, some are more practiced and able to get at theorems that are accepted by a greater number of people. But to get to a theorem the axiomatic statements along the way have to be thoroughly established and accepted. That is the business that you are in. That is the business that practiced apologists are in.

The stick in the mud, so to speak, is that along the way no one can approach everything in a purely rational way. At the end of the day, we are left with choices between competing 'rationales' based upon what is considered to be acceptable evidence by opposing parties. It's important to remember that no ONE of us can come to and progress through a line of investigation...especially in the study of history...without making missteps along the way. [/quote]

Once again, you show your true colors. This is all AFTER THE FACT. You already showed that you didn't understand what he was talking about, because you LIED. NOW, WHEN CAUGHT, you change your tune. This is what LIARS do. You have it down to a science.

Quote:
That applies to you also. I've already mentioned that the work that you do is essential in producing more 'fodder' for investigation. But as I've already said, it is my belief...at least at this point anyway in my own faith journey...that at the end of the day you are farting into the wind.


Don't put me into your little ____ up scenarios. You know nothing about me and are not qualified to judge me or my life or tell me what applies to me. You offer no proof that it does, but I've offered up lots of evidence that you are a liar and a troll. And, as you are so wont to do, you can't think of anything original and have to parrot back what I said to you. The farts in the wind are all yours, pal. And they stink to high heaven. How you live with yourself is beyond me. What you produce is simply DUNG. You are full of it. So as I've said before and I'll say again, Go ____ yourself.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:36 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
Quote:
grindael, if you would like this thread to continue in the direction that you originally intended, just say the word. I know things have sidetracked a bit.

I'd already given my two cents earlier and was willing to let it go at that. I'm willing to bow out if we are able to acknowledge our differences at this point and move on...


You are a ____ troll. Mission accomplished ass wipe. I don't acknowledge ANYTHING you say. I don't give credence to LIARS and their TROLLISH BS. You move on. You said you would way back when, but like with every single ____ thing you write, that was a lie too.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:42 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
Hey grindael, you may want to go back to a recent post and use the quote feature correctly.

Thanks,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
grindael wrote:
NOW, WHEN CAUGHT, you change your tune. This is what LIARS do. You have it down to a science.


I wasn't "caught" at anything. You're making stuff up. See my sigline.

I do learn/assimilate and apply new knowledge that I run across, however. I've always prided myself on being a life long learner. Thank goodness that I'm not stuck in a rut like some folks.

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
mentalgymnast wrote:
Hey grindael, you may want to go back to a recent post and use the quote feature correctly.


Quote:
I know you want this thread to go other directions...so I'll leave you to it.


Hey Ass wipe, Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
grindael wrote:
Quote:
grindael, if you would like this thread to continue in the direction that you originally intended, just say the word. I know things have sidetracked a bit.

I'd already given my two cents earlier and was willing to let it go at that. I'm willing to bow out if we are able to acknowledge our differences at this point and move on...


You are a ____ troll. Mission accomplished ass wipe. I don't acknowledge ANYTHING you say. I don't give credence to LIARS and their TROLLISH BS. You move on. You said you would way back when, but like with every single ____ thing you write, that was a lie too.


You are sounding a bit crazy, dude.

Chill.

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:48 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
____ wrote:
grindael wrote:
NOW, WHEN CAUGHT, you change your tune. This is what LIARS do. You have it down to a science.


I wasn't "caught" at anything. You're making stuff up. See my sigline.

I do learn/assimilate and apply new knowledge that I run across, however. I've always prided myself on being a life long learner. Thank goodness that I'm not stuck in a rut like some folks.
Quote:
I know you want this thread to go other directions...so I'll leave you to it.


Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:48 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
____ wrote:
You are sounding a bit crazy, dude.

Chill.

Quote:
I know you want this thread to go other directions...so I'll leave you to it.

Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
grindael wrote:
Hey Ass wipe, Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

As I said upthread:

Quote:
I'd already given my two cents earlier and was willing to let it go at that. I'm willing to bow out if we are able to acknowledge our differences at this point and move on...

Your move.

You've made your move. I've responded. Is it possible to troll your own thread? :smile:

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:51 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
____ wrote:
grindael wrote:
Hey Ass wipe, Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

As I said upthread:

Quote:
I'd already given my two cents earlier and was willing to let it go at that. I'm willing to bow out if we are able to acknowledge our differences at this point and move on...

Your move.

You've made your move. I've responded. Is it possible to troll your own thread? :smile:

That was after you said you would leave.

Quote:
I know you want this thread to go other directions...so I'll leave you to it.

Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

You are the TROLL here.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
grindael,

I think others may agree with me when I say that your language habits fall within the designation of being "potty mouthed". There are ladies present. I'm sure they may have a distaste towards your language. There may be...but I don't know for sure...some of the men here who also find your language distasteful and unbecoming of an educated adult.

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:54 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 6790
grindael wrote:
Instead of having any SHRED of INTEGRITY, you continue to troll this thread.

You are the TROLL here.

Sounds like we may have acknowledged and worked out our differences.

Regards,
MG


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
____ wrote:
grindael,

I think others may agree with me when I say that your language habits fall within the designation of being "potty mouthed". There are ladies present. I'm sure they may have a distaste towards your language. There may be...but I don't know for sure...some of the men here who also find your language distasteful and unbecoming of an educated adult.


Oh poor ____ can't handle a little colorful language? With you, it all aptly applies. And again ____, you show your incredible lack of integrity by continuing to troll my thread. You can't keep your word, you are a liar and your testimony is a lie like everything else. Poor little drone, has nowhere else to troll?

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Inconsistent Stories (Early Mormonism)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:56 pm 
Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 5358
Location: The Land of Lorn
____ wrote:
Sounds like we may have acknowledged and worked out our differences.

Oh, you acknowledge that you are a ____! Thank you.

_________________
"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group