It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MG TROLLING grindael
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 am 
Dragon

If you want to see Mental's TROLLING in action, read on!

Last edited by grindael on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A History of Jo's Spiritual Wifeism
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:17 pm 
God

grindael wrote:

Quote:
“During this time, as is common to most, or all youths, I fell into many vices and follies; but as my accusers are, and have been forward to accuse me of being guilty of gross and outrageous violations of the peace and good order of the community, I take the occasion to remark, that, though, as I have said above, “as is common to most, or all youths, I fell into many vices and follies,” I have not, neither can it be sustained, in truth, been guilty of wronging or injuring any man or society of men; and those imperfections to which I alude, and for which I have often had occasion to lament, were a light, and too often, vain mind, exhibiting a foolish and trifling conversation.

This being all, and the worst, that my accusers can substantiate against my moral character, I wish to add, that it is not with out a deep feeling of regret that I am thus called upon in answer to my own conscience, to fulfill a duty I owe to myself, as well as to the cause of truth, in making this public confession of my former uncircumspect walk, and unchaste conversation: and more particularly, as I often acted in violation of those holy precepts which I knew came from God. But as the “Articles and Covenants” of this church are plain upon this particular point, I do not deem it important to proceed further. I only add, that I do not, nor never have, pretended to be any other than a man “subject to passion,” and liable, without the assisting grace of the Savior, to deviate from that perfect path in which all men are commanded to walk!” (Letter to Oliver Cowdery, published in the Messenger & Advocate, 1834)

Smith himself would write later that,

Quote:
“The court was detained for a time, in order that two young women (daughters to Mr. Stoal) [probably Rhoda and Miriam] with whom I had at times kept company; might be sent for, in order, if possible to elicit something from them which might be made a pretext against me. The young women arrived and were severally examined, touching my character, and conduct in general but particularly as to my behavior towards them both in public and private, when they both bore such testimony in my favor, as left my enemies without a pretext on their account.”

Hi grindael,

I've noticed that you seem to have a habit of emphasizing/capitalizing certain sections of text to the exclusion/ignoring surrounding text. Why do you do that?

This seems to be a pattern.

Also, at least in my mind, to say that because Joseph used the word "men" and so in turn left an 'out'/loophole for himself to take advantage of women...and making that assumed connection (as a matter of fact) is a bit lame, IMO. Often you will hear folks use a gender designation which will then apply to both sexes...not just the one mentioned.

I think you're making a real stretch. And then building upon your preconceived assumption(s)/conclusions.

But that's just me. And I know what you think about anything I have to say. :wink:

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45503

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:35 pm 
Regional Representative

Excellent beginning, grindael. Lots to take in on the first pass and I look forward to another read-through later today when I can give it more time.

As to mentalgymnast's first question. It seems the emphasis is to highlight the part of the quote that is supporting of the previous statements. I believe if grindael was trying to sneak something past you grindael probably would have just clipped the quote to exclude the part you think is being ignored/excluded. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:27 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
I believe if grindael was trying to sneak something past you grindael probably would have just clipped the quote to exclude the part you think is being ignored/excluded. Just my two cents.

Except that someone might catch him on that. Tanner's used eclipses and left stuff out. grindael likes to use CAPITAL words to bring one's focus to those words rather than the surrounding text.

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:21 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
Tanner's used eclipses and left stuff out.

Those Tanners were pretty powerful.

Quote:
grindael likes to use CAPITAL words to bring one's focus to those words rather than the surrounding text.

Cheap Jedi mind trick.

In time the physical bodies we have will be enhanced to obtain energy directly from nature. - Franktalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:40 pm 
God

spotlight wrote:
Cheap Jedi mind trick.

That's where the Font Color button comes in handy. I redirected your attention. Blue portions ought to be taken into account. Capital letters seem to perform the purpose of excluding the other text as being as important. CAPS do pull at your eyes. What's around the CAPS may not register as much to the conciousness.

Jedi mind trick?

Well, what grindael does could be described that way I guess. It's a form of trickery.

Here's what some folks have to say about using CAPS.

http://hubpages.com/technology/What-Peo ... n-All-Caps

In a volumnous amount of text it seems natural that many folks would skim through and pay more attention to CAPS than the volumnous amount of lower case text that surrounds it.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:42 pm 
Dragon

MentalTROLL wrote:
Trolling ...

You say stupid stuff.

Last edited by grindael on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:51 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
You say stupid stuff.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. :smile:

You really do feel it necessary to continue using CAPS? It doesn't look good for you or represent you well, IMO. Here and there and on occasion...maybe...but as frequently as you do?...unneccesary.

I think spotlight might be on to something.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:57 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
First of all, you have no counter arguments...

I'm simply saying that we ought to pay attention to the parts I shaded in blue and not only the CAPITALIZED text. If folks are already doing that on their own as they read through your voluminous posts...fine. My guess is that some folks are drawn towards the BIG letters and skim over the small letters when there's so much to read.

That's all.

I did read the small text too. And yes, I know I'm not the only one to do so. I just thought the blue portions ought to be emphasized also.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:59 pm 
Dragon

mental wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
I believe if grindael was trying to sneak something past you grindael probably would have just clipped the quote to exclude the part you think is being ignored/excluded. Just my two cents.

Except that someone might catch him on that. Tanner's used eclipses and left stuff out. grindael likes to use CAPITAL words to bring one's focus to those words rather than the surrounding text.

Regards,
MG

And PLEASE, PLEASE show me where the Tanners "left stuff out" that made anything they argued deceptive. I'd love to see that. Not links to books, articles, or papers, but YOUR RESEARCH using their quotes and the original documents. And I use bolding and larger text to emphasize but ALWAYS include the surrounding text, something that FAIRMORMON and the majority of Mormon Apologists NEVER DO. It promotes the context, yet it shows what you are focusing on and why you used the quote.

Only you would see something devious in that. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:03 pm 
Dragon

mental wrote:
grindael wrote:
First of all, you have no counter arguments...

I'm simply saying that we ought to pay attention to the parts I shaded in blue and not only the CAPITALIZED text. If folks are already doing that on their own as they read through your voluminous posts...fine. My guess is that some folks are drawn towards the BIG letters and skim over the small letters when there's so much to read.

That's all.

I did read the small text too. And yes, I know I'm not the only one to do so. I just thought the blue portions ought to be emphasized also.

Regards,
MG

So you can speak for all those "some folks". Of course you can all knowing Mental case. Of course you can. :rolleyes: Love the weasel word, "guess", to make it all right. And I doubt you read all the small text. I know you, you've admitted that you don't read my posts. So continue lying as is your wont. You have done what you always do, focused on some trivial issue instead of addressing the historical evidence and giving a coherent reply to that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:05 pm 
Dragon

Quote:
I'm simply saying that we ought to pay attention to the parts I shaded in blue and not only the CAPITALIZED text.

Yes, hypocritically doing what you are accusing me of doing, right? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:07 pm 
Dragon

Quote:
Jedi mind trick? Well, what grindael does could be described that way I guess. It's a form of trickery.

Sad, really sad.

Last edited by grindael on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm 
Dragon

mentalasshole wrote:
grindael wrote:
You say stupid stuff.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. :smile:

You really do feel it necessary to continue using CAPS? It doesn't look good for you or represent you well, IMO. Here and there and on occasion...maybe...but as frequently as you do?...unneccesary.

I think spotlight might be on to something.

Regards,
MG

ANYTHING to bug you. That makes my day. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:27 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
I'm simply saying that we ought to pay attention to the parts I shaded in blue and not only the CAPITALIZED text. If folks are already doing that on their own as they read through your voluminous posts...fine.

That's some brief attention span you have, mg. Out of grindeal's OP, he capitalized the title of a section once, when he was formally beginning it, and then he capitalized three words in one sentence, in about the 4th paragraph.

That's it. A title, and then three words, in one sentence of one paragraph, out of an OP consisting of about 55-60 paragraphs, including quotes.

mentalgymnast wrote:
My guess is that some folks are drawn towards the BIG letters and skim over the small letters when there's so much to read. That's all.

And then there are all of the adults here who don't have your inability to avoid being "drawn toward big letters," and manage not to "skim over the small letters" when they read.

What a braindead thing to pick at. Your ridiculous posts make it perfectly clear you entered this thread only to try to pester people.

If you are TRICKED by people who use CAPITALS then I would suggest taking a CLASS or two, or READING a little more, or maybe just stop being an ASS. (Did those capitalized words grab your ATTENTION? Be sure to really concentrate on the little words and avoid your inclination to skim, you might miss the point of the whole sentence!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:37 pm 
Dragon

There were about 60 paragraphs in the OP, some large and small and only about 9 of them had bolding. One had CAPS employed with no bolding or large letters. I suppose that mental just doesn't like emphasis, and that no one should use it.

Is he suggesting that people who come here are largely like him, they are easily distracted by the nine paragraphs and ignore the 51 other ones and only read the nine because... ???? And that I do this because I really only want them to read the information in the nine paragraphs and ignore the other 51? Yeah, that makes total sense. :lol: Take all that time and effort to "Jedi mind trick" people into reading only a smidgen of what you write.

Only in mental's screwed up world.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:38 pm 
God

grindael wrote:

True colors.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:38 pm 
God

Ah, a written account of the Sexual activities of Horny Holy Joe. Well done.

I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:44 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Your ridiculous posts make it perfectly clear you entered this thread only to try to pester people.

Nope. Simply to point out some text...in blue...that I think should have been capitalized...if that's what grindael is going to continue doing. He emphasized what he thought was important...I did the same.

Just helping out with full disclosure. He ought not to be the only one to point out words/sentences that have special meaning.

On the other hand, I do know that what I do/say does bug some folks here. That's to be expected. But that's not my primary intent/purpose at all.

I believe in balance. Yin and Yang.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:46 pm 
Dragon

mental wrote:
grindael wrote:

True colors.

Yeah, I wrote all that out and used the bold and big letters JUST TO BUG YOU. I did it ALL FOR YOU, Mental, cause I KNEW you would be bugged out and respond to it and that would give me more of an opportunity to BUG you. Yeah, that's the ticket. WOW. I live to bug mental. It's my purpose in life. The only thing I care about. And that's the truth... :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:50 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
There were about 60 paragraphs in the OP, some large and small and only about 9 of them had bolding. One had CAPS employed with no bolding or large letters. I suppose that mental just doesn't like emphasis, and that no one should use it.

Is he suggesting that people who come here are largely like him, they are easily distracted by the nine paragraphs and ignore the 51 other ones and only read the nine because... ???? And that I do this because I really only want them to read the information in the nine paragraphs and ignore the other 51? Yeah, that makes total sense. :lol: Take all that time and effort to "Jedi mind trick" people into reading only a smidgen of what you write.

Only in mental's screwed up world.

It's worse than that, grindael, he was distracted by three capped words!! Just ignore him. What a troublemaker. He's just looking to pick and he clearly has nothing to pick at but the limitations of his own undeveloped brain.

By the way, thanks for your work here. I'm thoroughly enjoying reading through and taking it in. It will take me a while, but I'm looking forward to discussing it with you when I digest a little more!