It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From: Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:33 pm 
God

Do I detect shock, dismay, and dazed astonishment that the Brethren are discussing things that seem to be some of the core cultural concerns of ...gulp...conservatism?

Perhaps what's really driving thee folks crazy is that the Brethren appear to be far more in touch with modern cultural reality, and in much greater detail, than sometimes their Conference talks and First Presidency Messages might indicate, at least on the surface.

Note: it is not the complete conceptual and legal deracination of the fundamental concepts of family, gender, and marriage and healthy, positive, life-affirming, spiritually ennobling, socially valuable sexuality that is "driving our civilization into a ditch," nor the normalizing and celebration of the most acute forms of mental illness affecting psychosexual development, but 15 men in a Church comprising no more than 15 million members (perhaps have of which are active at any given time), discussing the threat posed TO civilization by that very deracination within the framework of gospel/Judeo-Christian sexual mores, ethics, and boundaries.

This appears to be extremely distressing the the Anointed, to the point of eliciting almost visceral hostility, animosity, and personal rancor.

Can people such as these (and this board is as far to the Left one could wish to go as to the overwhelming bulk of its inhabitants), enraged and frothing at the very thought of the slightest opposition and concern with the "queering" of the culture and the erasure of marriage and family as the underlying foundations of civilization and civil society, be trusted with the religious liberties of those they so strongly disagree with, but apparently hate?

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

Post subject: Re: Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:41 pm 
God

Quote:
the Brethren appear to be far more in touch with modern cultural reality

You'll have to be more specific about your definition of 'modern cultural reality,' because nothing in the videos I watched indicated that the 'modern cultural reality' they were discussing has anything at all in common with the 'modern cultural reality' in which I find myself embedded.

What I saw was more like that really, really embarrassing time around the Thanksgiving table when your most racist, sexist, thoughtless and uneducated relative decides it's time to tell the table, once again, what's wrong with the world, even though it's the same ridiculous speech they got from their bigoted parent and which they've repeated for the last 40 years or so.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:08 pm 
Seedy Academician

It's nice to see Droopy is as verbose and unable to discern the point as ever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:19 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:

What "point?" Your bigoted, snarling, ignorant hatred of Christ and his servants? The decomposing graveyard of your own mind (what's left of it, in any case) that generates it? Your insufferable intellectual and moral snobbery (the basis for which is wholly indiscernible)?

There's a "point" to any of this, save for the raging, petulant gyrations at the prophets and the disinfecting light they bring to a dark world?

Yes, that's what's bothering you: the disinfecting...

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:27 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Quote:
the Brethren appear to be far more in touch with modern cultural reality

You'll have to be more specific about your definition of 'modern cultural reality,' because nothing in the videos I watched indicated that the 'modern cultural reality' they were discussing has anything at all in common with the 'modern cultural reality' in which I find myself embedded.

What I saw was more like that really, really embarrassing time around the Thanksgiving table when your most racist, sexist, thoughtless and uneducated relative decides it's time to tell the table, once again, what's wrong with the world, even though it's the same ridiculous speech they got from their bigoted parent and which they've repeated for the last 40 years or so.

You make my point very nicely. All of your politically correct and ideological purified (there, do you feel morally superior to me now for having listed some of them?) isms and ists that stand in for you and so many leftists as alternatives to serious thinking about either their own beliefs and values or those of those they disagree with, represent reality only to the degree that they represent a wholly alternative, ideologically constructed reality - independent of reality qua reality - that is the basis fo the idolatry of ideology that drives the Left forward on its inexorable journey to the next human, social, moral, or economic catastrophe.

I've lost count of all of them, but not to worry, people like yourself are so very busy building the next civilizational debauch that you have no time for the gospel.

It simply demands too much personal time and commitment, and, after, all, the Left's "better world," a world that can never be made real (without utterly destroying it), demands human sacrifices, but not a vicarious one, as was completed so long ago my the Savior.

It demands them now, and in quantities dwarfing anything hoped for by our missionary efforts.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:31 pm 
CTR B

Droopy wrote:
Your bigoted, snarling, ignorant hatred of Christ and his servants? Your maggot-like writhing in the putrid, decomposing graveyard of your own mind (what's left of it, in any case)? Your insufferable intellectual and moral snobbery (the basis for which is wholly indiscernible)?

It's always surprising to me to see the name of Christ used in such overtly unchristian behavior, but it seems to be very common.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:36 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
I suspect that these men may be so out of touch with reality that they are only dimly aware, if at all, just how damaging these leaked videos can ultimately become to the credibility and legitimacy of the religious organization they lead. I would not be surprised if they thought that publication and dissemination of these videos would actually be seen as faith promoting and validating to most rank and file TBMs. I would be even less surprised if they turned to be right about that.

ETA: Droopy's comment above nicely demonstrates the case I just made.

The reality within which most progressives exist, independent of the external reality within which they are embedded, is the fundamental cause of the vast panoply of the Left's disastrous human calamities and failures over some two centuries, with the most awful examples coming just since the first third of the 20th century.

The sexual revolution, of which our present homomania, transmania, and ongoing pathological obsession with "rights" and liberations of various disturbing kinds, will, perhaps more than any other single anti-civilizational movement unleashed since the late sixties, be the ultimate undoing of civil society and any question of an open or free one.

Won't it be delightful?

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:39 pm 
God

Hagoth wrote:
Droopy wrote:
Your bigoted, snarling, ignorant hatred of Christ and his servants? Your maggot-like writhing in the putrid, decomposing graveyard of your own mind (what's left of it, in any case)? Your insufferable intellectual and moral snobbery (the basis for which is wholly indiscernible)?

It's always surprising to me to see the name of Christ used in such overtly unchristian behavior, but it seems to be very common.

Truth can be deeply irritating to those least used to its bracing shocks.

It only hurts for a little while, however.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:41 pm 
God

Mormonicious wrote:
For consideration is the fact that these videos are coming from INSIDE the organization. The recordings are made by an in-house system and access to them is highly controlled.

Thus if the Manuals leakier and Video leakier are different individuals, there is a mutiny on the good bull **** Tommy and the Boys.

Move along...nothing to see here.

There never is in the Trailerpark...at least until after midnight.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:42 pm 
God

Hagoth wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Coggins7 may be back on the Seagrams7?

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:42 pm 
God

James or Not wrote:
Droopy wrote:
Do I detect shock, dismay, and dazed astonishment that the Brethren are discussing things that seem to be some of the core cultural concerns of ...gulp...conservatism?

Perhaps what's really driving thee folks crazy is that the Brethren appear to be far more in touch with modern cultural reality, and in much greater detail, than sometimes their Conference talks and First Presidency Messages might indicate, at least on the surface.

Note: it is not the complete conceptual and legal deracination of the fundamental concepts of family, gender, and marriage and healthy, positive, life-affirming, spiritually ennobling, socially valuable sexuality that is "driving our civilization into a ditch," nor the normalizing and celebration of the most acute forms of mental illness affecting psychosexual development, but 15 men in a Church comprising no more than 15 million members (perhaps have of which are active at any given time), discussing the threat posed TO civilization by that very deracination within the framework of gospel/Judeo-Christian sexual mores, ethics, and boundaries.

This appears to be extremely distressing the the Anointed, to the point of eliciting almost visceral hostility, animosity, and personal rancor.

Can people such as these (and this board is as far to the Left one could wish to go as to the overwhelming bulk of its inhabitants), enraged and frothing at the very thought of the slightest opposition and concern with the "queering" of the culture and the erasure of marriage and family as the underlying foundations of civilization and civil society, be trusted with the religious liberties of those they so strongly disagree with, but apparently hate?

Oftimes we see what we are looking for, and oftimes we overlook what is right in front of our eyes. Correct, Droopy?

Correct...but there are other ways to "look."

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm 
God

Quote:

I'm drinking water and/or Tampico tonight (filtered, of course). Sorry to disappoint you.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:51 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
Quote:

I'm drinking water and/or Tampico tonight (filtered, of course). Sorry to disappoint you.

I am not disappointed! You use filthy language every time you visit the trailer park. I was just looking for an excuse for it but I guess it is just you with nothing added.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:52 pm 
God

Hagoth wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Oh please...here we go.

:rolleyes:

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:55 pm 
God

Quote:
I am not disappointed! You use filthy language every time you visit the trailer park. I was just looking for an excuse for it but I guess it is just you with nothing added.

Outside of, on VERY rare occasions, when I've used the terms "damn" and "hell," I've never used rough language in here, let alone "filthy" language (which has always been used around here in profusion anyway) in the entire seven or so years I participated on these boards.

Tell another lie, Tator, and kickstart the Trailerpark once more.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 pm 
God

Of course, brazen, bombastic lying about LDS apologists, the making up of stories, slanders, imaginary statements or behaviors, and entire tissues of calumny about them is the forte of this and other similar forums and the lifeblood of anti-Mormonism as a mental set, and always has been.

It comes with "the territory" and always will.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:01 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
isms and ists that stand in for you and so many leftists as alternatives to serious thinking about either their own beliefs and values or those of those they disagree with, represent reality only to the degree that they represent a wholly alternative, ideologically constructed reality - independent of reality qua reality - that is the basis fo the idolatry of ideology

:lol: oh wow, that is a whole lot of very verbose nothing! Goodness. Ease off those propositional phrases and adjectives, ok? You are about as incoherent as it is possible to be while using so many, so very many words. If you could try again I would definitely read your opinion, but as it is, it is just not possible to tease out any meaning.
Quote:
the making up of stories, slanders, imaginary statements or behaviors
That's going to be a tough position to maintain given this is a thread about actual videos of the 15 .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:02 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
Tell another lie, Tator, and kickstart the Trailerpark once more.

Wow, what a beat down, are you taking lessons from faqs?

I'm going to watch another video of the Super Elect 15 of your cult showing it is just business and nothing but business.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:06 pm 
God

I can't decide which is more harmful to the Church, these leaked videos or droopy's angry, hate-filled personal attacks.

Regardless, they're both very embarrassing.

"I'm on sabbatical in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books." Daniel C. Peterson in 2012

Post subject: From: Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:21 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:

In his mind, and all TBMs, Jesus is looking down in a benign smile upon his effort, pleased with him defending the truth.

"Science believes in accountability here and now. Religion believes in it in the hereafter." - Maksutov

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 pm 
God

If he wasn't quite so articulate, I would swear droopy is ldsfaqs......

"Science believes in accountability here and now. Religion believes in it in the hereafter." - Maksutov