It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More changes to the temple ceremony! Now DANCING involved!!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:41 pm 
the very elect

https://youtu.be/toO0zhGAC-4?t=36

Hips are a swayin in yonder house of the lord!!

Post subject: Re: More changes to the temple ceremony! Now DANCING involve
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:09 pm 
Area Authority

Polygamy Porter, when was the last time you were in a temple?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:10 am 
the very elect

MetalSlasher wrote:

Over ten years ago.

I was endowed before the 1990 changes. So it was much more weird with the blood oaths.

Now its still weird and boring. I go again but would need to be drunk or high, or both!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:06 pm 
Area Authority

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
MetalSlasher wrote:

Over ten years ago.

I was endowed before the 1990 changes. So it was much more weird with the blood oaths.

Now its still weird and boring. I go again but would need to be drunk or high, or both!

I went through in 2005. They had stopped the touching during the initiatory by then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:45 pm 
Valiant A

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
MetalSlasher wrote:

Over ten years ago.

Really weird stuff, that. Once mentioned it to my wife, and she was like huh? So she asked my mother-in-law, who flat denied the fact there were blood oaths pre-90. Keep in mind she was sealed in like 1975, so... Lying for the Lord?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 am 
the very elect

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
MetalSlasher wrote:

Over ten years ago.

Chuck Finley wrote:
Really weird stuff, that. Once mentioned it to my wife, and she was like huh? So she asked my mother-in-law, who flat denied the fact there were blood oaths pre-90. Keep in mind she was sealed in like 1975, so... Lying for the Lord?

No, just old and only recalling the things in her life that maker her feel good about herself. Typical for old people.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:06 pm 
Valiant A

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
Chuck Finley wrote:

No, just old and only recalling the things in her life that maker her feel good about herself. Typical for old people.

I'm not convinced. Mormons sit through that foolishness how many times? I simply don't believe she's forgotten those elements. When my wife reported back to me (not that I asked her to do so), she said my MIL immediately denied the oaths. No hesitation in her response, simply a flat, emphatic denial.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:11 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Chuck Finley wrote:
When my wife reported back to me (not that I asked her to do so), she said my MIL immediately denied the oaths.

That's probably because your wife worded them incorrectly. Instead of saying, "Were there any blood oaths?", she probably should've said, "Were there any 'penalties?'" There's a chance that could've elicited a different response. . . or left her no wiggle-room.

--Kishkumen, 10-10-2017

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:52 pm 
Valiant A

Dr. Shades wrote:
Chuck Finley wrote:
When my wife reported back to me (not that I asked her to do so), she said my MIL immediately denied the oaths.

That's probably because your wife worded them incorrectly. Instead of saying, "Were there any blood oaths?", she probably should've said, "Were there any 'penalties?'" There's a chance that could've elicited a different response. . . or left her no wiggle-room.

In all fairness, I'll admit I don't recall how she phrased the question. But she did report back to me that even she felt her mother answered the question rather quickly. And as I recall, she asked it in a manner that excluded doubt about the subject in question.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:09 pm 
God

Chuck, I wonder what your MIL thinks about Holland admitting the blood oaths in an interview with a BBC TV reporter...

Quote:
Mr. Sweeney asked Jeffrey Holland about the blood oaths (specifically throat-slitting) that Mormons used to swear to in the pre-1990 temple endowment ceremony. Mr. Holland first denied that Mitt Romney would have sworn such an oath when he went through the temple. Mr. Holland said, “That’s not true. We do not have penalties in the temple.” But when Mr. Sweeney pressed the issue, Mr. Holland admitted, “We used to.”

http://blog.mrm.org/2012/03/lds-apostle ... penalties/

The whole interview is available on You Tube

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:12 am 
Valiant A

I have a question wrote:
Chuck, I wonder what your MIL thinks about Holland admitting the blood oaths in an interview with a BBC TV reporter...

Quote:
Mr. Sweeney asked Jeffrey Holland about the blood oaths (specifically throat-slitting) that Mormons used to swear to in the pre-1990 temple endowment ceremony. Mr. Holland first denied that Mitt Romney would have sworn such an oath when he went through the temple. Mr. Holland said, “That’s not true. We do not have penalties in the temple.” But when Mr. Sweeney pressed the issue, Mr. Holland admitted, “We used to.”

http://blog.mrm.org/2012/03/lds-apostle ... penalties/

The whole interview is available on You Tube

Oh, great find! I keep forgetting about that interview. Which is funny, since it was so awesome to watch Dodo squirm.