It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my son is dead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:07 pm 
God

I found my son today in a ____ hole apartment on on the floor bent over, ten days dead with a needle in his arm. ____ god, ____ Jesus, ____ tom moson, ____ everybody.

Post subject: Re: my son is dead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:08 pm 
God

I am so, so sorry.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:05 pm 
God

Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine your pain. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm 
God

Oh God, sunstoned. Do you need help from anyone here? We can put the word out for you in your general location. We have posters here who live near you. We're pretty good at pulling things together around here. If you need something from us, tell us what you need.

I'm so sorry, dear God, I'm so sorry.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:50 pm 
Bell Ringer

Beyond horrible, sunstoned. I am so sorry to hear this. As others have said, if there is anything we can do (ANYTHING), please let us know.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:51 pm 
God

So sorry.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:41 am 
First Presidency

This has been my fear for my son for years, although he is in a safe place now (dextromethorphan psychosis smashed up by a train was most likely). I am so sorry you have had to experience this.

In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:13 am 
God

sunstoned. so sorry. so sad and so sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:37 am 
God

I agree. ____ god and Jesus and Fat Tommy. And what does the church teach? Your son died in his sins. That's what they teach. Those ____. They can take their crazy flesh and blood eating Jesus vampire zombie and shove him up their self righteous holier than thou asses.

(I wonder if this post will be approved and posted)

I doubt it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 pm 
God

I am so sorry to hear this. Christ, that is heartbreaking - addiction is a hell of a thing. don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything. Happy to help if possible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm 
God

So sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine that experience, and I certainly don't have anything helpful to say other than that I am thinking about you, and you're always welcome to call me if you need someone to talk to.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:53 pm 
God

I'm so sorry, sunstoned. There are no words.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:05 pm 
God

What a terrible thing for you and your son. Utterly heart rending. Please let people know if there if anything we could do that would be helpful. Even if you need to just talk and someone to listen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:54 am 
God

:sad:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:08 am 
God

My heart just sank for you and your family. There are no words. I am very sorry to hear this news.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:35 pm 
God

sunstoned,

I don't think that you are reading here right now but at the slim chance that you are, I needed to tell you that your post wasn't one that I read one day and forgot about. I think of you every day and look for you here. The horror that you are dealing with is something that most of us cannot identify with. We can try our best, but we're not in your shoes and not in your head. I wanted to tell you that there are therapists that specialize in complicated grief and also those that are equipped to treat PTSD. There are medications available to help ease flashbacks and anxiety attacks as well. These aren't cures for your burden, but possible tools to help you through, and as I write this I know you might feel that you don't want help getting through this.

When our family experienced the sudden and tragic death of a family member, I used to log into chat here and just watch people talking about every day things. Complicated grief and PTSD were features of what some of us were dealing with. It helped me to watch people doing and talking about normal things outside of our own situation. I needed to see a different kind of reality than what I was dealing with at the time.

So, I don't rule out the possiblilty that you might be reading here and in the hopes that something I've said, or the offers of help on this thread (I guarantee you they are genuine) that you might have already taken advantage of, I'm taking my chances that you might be reading this post. If you need to talk to someone who isn't directly involved in your life, my private messages are open to you. I will listen to whatever you have to say for as long as you need to say it, and however you need to say it. I won't flinch.

Sincerely,
Jersey

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:16 am 
God

Sunstoned, I just saw this. I am so sorry. There is nothing more tragic than the death of a child. I echo Jersey's words. She gives some very good advice. I have enjoyed your posts over the years here. I echo Jersey Girl and let you know that my message box is also open to you. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:33 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

I can't imagine a more horrifying experience that I wish didn't happen.

Each person processes grief differently - and generally I don't think there's any one way better than another, except that if I were you, I'd do something to honor the life of your son. Do something so others don't have to go through the hell you and he and others have. That will empower you and help you heal more than anything else, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:15 am 
God

I am so sorry for your horrible loss my friend. I know it sounds like a cliché but I can't fathom going through something like that. I wish you the best if there's anything we can do for you let us know. I just got wind of this post in the terrestrial forum and I came here to check it out and I am so sorry.

"Science believes in accountability here and now. Religion believes in it in the hereafter." - Maksutov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:57 pm 
God

Jesus ____ Christ!

Sunstoned ain't interested in hearing how sorry u people are for his loss. Who the ____ are u people to him, anyway? He doesn't need to hear about how sorry u are or how it must be so hard.

He wants to hear you say, "____ THE Mormon CHURCH"!

Now get on with it u drippy people and start saying the right ____! This is the telestial board and if u ____ aren't willing to abide a telestial glory then get the ____ out of this board and get your asses up in the terrestrial! We don't need u down here, so ____ off!

We don't need ____ Tommy flowers, candy, and sappy ____ down here!

Jesus! ____! Christ!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:22 am 
Nursery

Sunstoned - I've lost a son too. The circumstances were totally different, but I understand acutely how that loss feels. It rips out a piece of your heart that never fully heals, but I promise you that time does ease the burden. You will learn to remember the good, but for now it's understandable to be angry.

So yes, ____ the church if they had any part in the pain that drove your son to use drugs. ____ them all with a spiked ____ bat.

But Shulem... ____ off. Even telestial people need someone to ____ listen.