It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: That's it, I'm out
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:13 pm 
God

Tobin wrote:
Pffft, it is easy to remain a Mormon and a member of the LDS Church. When you know it is a man-made organization...

When you know it's a manmade organization ... that's the time for reasonable people to boogie.

Yeah, I know, but reasonable people don't wait for God to come down and tell them to stay.

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. Frater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 pm 
Nursery

Anyone who resigns from the church is gay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:41 pm 
Holy Ghost

jaberwocky wrote:
Anyone who resigns from the church is gay

You say that like it's an insult.

Check your history. Gay people are some of the strongest people around, having to have endured what they have for centuries. Psychological, emotional, and physical abuse, up to, and including death, and yet, they haven't gone away.

Pretty strong if you ask me.

Here are a couple of strong examples of strong LGBTQ individuals.

Florence Nightingale (1820-1910) – British Nurse, organized the world’s first school for nurses, expert and reformer for hospital hygiene, sewage treatment, and regularized medical practices, as well as making advances in the graphical presentation of statistical data. She became the first woman ever to be awarded the Order of Merit by the British government. Nightingale played a vital role in the opening up of legitimate careers for women outside the home and, in this way, helped create the social and economic conditions that made the modern lesbian (and heterosexual working woman) possible.

Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) – Italian artist, scientist, and engineer, researcher of human anatomy, mathematics, and the potential for human flight He conceived of helicopters, tanks, machine guns, submarines, and solar power.

http://www.noglstp.org/publications-doc ... ical-note/

What have you done lately?

Just one quick closing thought. You seem to be making a lot of comments calling this "gay", or that "gay". Try this on for size.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:52 pm 
Nursery

That sounds very gay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:55 pm 
Holy Ghost

jaberwocky wrote:
That sounds very gay.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:37 pm 
1st Counselor

I never got an official letter or a "Please Come Back" brochure so I've been in limbo wondering if my resignation worked. I called member records today and spoke to a pleasant lady who confirmed I am no longer a member.

I don't feel any different. There is no noticeable loss of priesthood power or discernment from the holy ghost. The only difference I can tell is the big stupid grin I have on my face.

Phaedrus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:43 pm 
God

Phaedrus Utah wrote:
I never got an official letter or a "Please Come Back" brochure so I've been in limbo wondering if my resignation worked. I called member records today and spoke to a pleasant lady who confirmed I am no longer a member.

I don't feel any different. There is no noticeable loss of priesthood power or discernment from the holy ghost. The only difference I can tell is the big stupid grin I have on my face.

Phaedrus

You'll be dark and loathesome soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:30 pm 
Area Authority

I could never leave the church unless I got a spiritual prompting or angelic vision or visitor telling me to do so. I'm too in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:33 pm 
God

MetalSlasher wrote:
I could never leave the church unless I got a spiritual prompting or angelic vision or visitor telling me to do so. I'm too in.

Wow, there's a world of difference between a spiritual feeling and a heavenly visitor!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:03 pm 
Bell Ringer

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Phaedrus Utah wrote:

Phaedrus

It's all good. No more 10% to the Church and no more tanning booth fees. I've always wondered why some people think it is bad to be born brown, but they think it's a good thing to tan brown.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:27 am 
God

Phaedrus Utah wrote:
The only difference I can tell is the big stupid grin I have on my face.

Phaedrus

:lol:

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:47 pm 
God

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Phaedrus Utah wrote:

Phaedrus

He won't receive the dark skin until the resurrection. If he makes it to the telestial he'll be black with the flat nose but if outer darkness then he'll become a hairy bigfoot.

In time the physical bodies we have will be enhanced to obtain energy directly from nature. - Franktalk

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:14 am 
God

My letter when it came read as follows:

Dear Brother *********:

This letter is to inform you that, in accordance with your request, your name has been removed from the membership records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Should you desire to become a member of the Church in the future, the local bishop or branch president in your area will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,
Confidential Records

My wife followed me by a week. I noticed she hadn't opened her letter so I proceeded to do so and pretended to read the following (they were actually identically worded):

Dear Sister **********:

This letter is to inform you that your request to have your name removed from the records of the church cannot be processed at this time. According to our records you are behind in your tithing to the amount of $*******. When you have made settlement with your local bishop we will proceed with your request. Sincerely, ...

We had a good laugh after the initial "Whaaat?"

In time the physical bodies we have will be enhanced to obtain energy directly from nature. - Franktalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 pm 
God

test