It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Understanding our extreme Emotions when learning the truth
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:25 am 
Nursery

I have been researching neural pathways and how they generate energy that our bodies feel as emotions. I began researching this because of the extreme emotional weight I was feeling in my personal life. In short; Our neural pathways develop through our experiences and they generate the energy that create our emotions. The most important thing we need to understand is our emotions in their design simply support your belief system no matter what it is and our neural pathways and emotions do not care what belief system we have. We can better understand this if we objectively look at all the belief systems that exist on the earth today and ask ourselves this one simple question. Why do so many individuals strongly believe in different beliefs, their perspecitve/beleif system is correct and all others are wrong, and defend them even to the point that they do not look at fact or truths that are contrary to their beliefs? Answer; 1st when an idea or concept is understood and accepted as knowledge through our experiences, then our emotions support this belief as fact example; if you learn and have knowledge that you need to go to church each Sunday and pray three times a day to feel good about yourself. Then you need to go to church each Sunday and pray three times a day to feel good about your self and if you do not, you will feel guilty.

2nd The more time you spend building your reward that you will receive in the next life so that you can feel extreme joy once you receive it, the stronger emotions of you will feel protecting your belief system. This is why you feel such extreme anger when you realize the LDS church is not true. In that moment or process you are having your extreme event of emotions generated by your neural pathways that you have been developing and expanding from your continuing experiences focusing on your reward. The problem is because of the knowledge you have learned you do not feel extreme joy when you have finally received your reward, but rather you feel extreme anger and other emotions that you need to settle out. The reason is simply your neural pathways expand based on the time you spent on experiences that are centered on creating your reward or other areas of your life, neural pathways ability to generate energy to create extreme emotions expands based on time spent on experiences.

Because of this, if you live a life that is centered on your reward then your neural pathways in this area become extreme and out of balance. It is these extreme neural pathways that create our extreme emotions of anger, anxiety, and depression rather than complete joy when we realize the church is not true. We need to perfectly understand if you have been planning and creating this event for an extended period of time the event of extreme emotions will take place when this event is finally happens. There is a way to settle out these extreme neural pathways and it begins by realizing and understanding why it is so important to live a life that is centered on understanding and implementing what brings you true joy in all areas of your life, " This life, the one you are living now".

Post subject: Re: Understanding our extreme Emotions when learning the tru
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:26 pm 
Sunbeam

This fits in with something I've been thinking about...and what you've presented here is most useful to me.

I'm going to print this off and put it in one of my reference books for future use.

Thank you, Dannell!

:smile:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:19 am 
God

Dannell wrote:
The more time you spend building your reward that you will receive in the next life so that you can feel extreme joy once you receive it, the stronger emotions of you will feel protecting your belief system.
Not quite on point, I know, but I was reminded of this:
Quote:
Let each one examine his thoughts, and he will find them all occupied with the past and the future. We scarcely ever think of the present; and if we think of it, it is only to take light from it to arrange the future. The present is never our end. The past and the present are our means; the future alone is our end. So we never live, but we hope to live; and, as we are always preparing to be happy, it is inevitable we should never be so. (From Pascal's Pensées, pensée No. 172)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:38 pm 
Area Authority

Thank you - I wish there were more posts like this - informative and helpful (even if I had to really dig to find it).

Increasing emotional intelligence is a good investment!

I think another aspect that makes faith crisis such an emotional roller coaster is that many of us had been fed the same thing (lies mingled with truth) several times each week for our entire lives - over and over. I found it similar to grieving process: shock, denial etc.
"It is easier to believe a lie one has heard a hundred times before than to believe a truth one is hearing for the first time."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:32 pm 
Area Authority

Emotions are bad epistemology........it's as simple as that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:04 pm 
Valiant B

Dannell,

To say "Mormonism isn't true" sort of misses the point of what you just said.

If you grind the universe down, you will not find one grain of honor, justice, hope, or love. You have to believe in those things. If others believe with you, its all fun and games.

We believe things for the "effect" of believing, not because they are true. We make them true by our faith.

Scriptures have mentioned that God is pleased when we believe. It doesn't make a big deal about what we believe, just that we believe.

The power is in the technique.

There is a "truth" in the functionality of the effect that eventually comes forward. Every civilization on earth eventually fails. . . . . but in the meantime. Maybe someday we will perfect the "belief system" but until then. . . . . .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:28 pm 
CTR B

Dannell wrote:
2nd The more time you spend building your reward that you will receive in the next life so that you can feel extreme joy once you receive it, the stronger emotions of you will feel protecting your belief system.

It can be quite a shock to realize you're not going to be a god after all, especially when you have sacrificed your entire life to that end, so it makes sense that we divert a lot of energy from the dilithium crystals to our defensive shields.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:23 pm 
Valiant B

Hagoth wrote:
Dannell wrote:
2nd The more time you spend building your reward that you will receive in the next life so that you can feel extreme joy once you receive it, the stronger emotions of you will feel protecting your belief system.

It can be quite a shock to realize you're not going to be a god after all, especially when you have sacrificed your entire life to that end, so it makes sense that we divert a lot of energy from the dilithium crystals to our defensive shields.

This is silly, you are already God. We all are. God created each of us by being each of us. We are all God, having gone through exactly what each of us have gone through.

But God, is also a "layer of consciousness" that our personality seeks to return too. So it isn't a question of "if" we become Gods, its a question of "when" we realize that we are and dare to return. The process is. . . . humbling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:17 am 
God

SPG! OMG. You are here.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:21 am 
Valiant B

Yup, I'm here. I suppose it best to get those mood stabilizers out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:18 am 
God

SPG wrote:
Yup, I'm here. I suppose it best to get those mood stabilizers out.

Ooohhhhh Noooo, help me mr. bill

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... show/n8643

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:49 pm 
Nursery

Hagoth wrote:

SPG wrote:
This is silly, you are already God. We all are. God created each of us by being each of us. We are all God, having gone through exactly what each of us have gone through.

But God, is also a "layer of consciousness" that our personality seeks to return too. So it isn't a question of "if" we become Gods, its a question of "when" we realize that we are and dare to return. The process is. . . . humbling.

SPG, I just worked out where I had "met" you before and what SPG stands for. You used to be a NOM regular with the name not abbreviated. I missed your interesting take on spirituality. It might give me incentive hang here more often.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 am 
Valiant B

DPRoberts wrote:
Hagoth wrote:

SPG wrote:

SPG, I just worked out where I had "met" you before and what SPG stands for. You used to be a NOM regular with the name not abbreviated. I missed your interesting take on spirituality. It might give me incentive hang here more often.

Thanks, Dread Pirate

That is very kind of you. The other name was too for this board. SPG was good enough, as that is most called me.

To add a little more opinion about this thread.

When I say that we are God, I mean that we have the powers of God. But God, in his/her infinite form. . . . well, has not form. Infinite possibilities has no shape. There is a part of like that. But it looks like the void in us, its that abyss, that emptiness, that nothing within that scares the ____ out of us when we are too quiet or too still.

But from there, everything is about magnitude and amplitude. How to take an infinitely small idea and make it into a planet of people, and animals, and trees, and stuff.

As Mormons, we thought we were to sit next to the old man on his throne and get crowns of our own.

But those were just ideas to get us to work with that idea. The reality is, we are already gods. Getting the human mind to comprehend that is tricky. God can live in a tree, or a super hero like Thor. Becoming a "god" is more about tapping into a higher layer of consciousness.

The idea laid down in the beginning of this post are just methods. But it also demonstrates what a gift life is. Yes, the neuro-pathways try to make real what we believe. But what is wrong with that. The truth is more about functionality than fact. God didn't say, "believe this, he said believe." If the idea was impassible, it would fizzle and die. But if the plan was good, it would work. Actually, there are days I wish I could go back to blind faith. I could feel good about things, where now, I just feel helpless. I could do SO MANY things, but there is nothing to say, "do this one right here." The illusion collapsed and my neurons don't have a lot to do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:22 pm 
God

Yeah when I learned the truth that there is no such thing as "the truth" that was one hell of a head trip for me.

"Science believes in accountability here and now. Religion believes in it in the hereafter." - Maksutov

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 am 
God

SPG wrote:

This right here, along with the thoughts of the OP, are some of the most profound things I've seen on this site. But then again, I've been absent for a few years.