It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Temple Content from Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 am 
Savior (resurrected)

gdemetz wrote:
I am suppose to make a trip to Salt Lake in September, and I intend to bring this to the attention of the first presidency.

You think they'd find your anti-Catholic sentiment persuasive, huh?

While you are at it, you should also bring to their attention that the LDS Church History Library has a copy of my MA thesis titled, "The Development of the LDS Church's Attitude Toward the Cross" and that I am publishing an expanded revision of it as a book, titled "Banishing the Cross: The Emergence of a Mormon Taboo" (John Whitmer Books)... which should be available sometime this year... hopefully this month. My thesis/book shows that the basis for the cross taboo in Mormon culture was anti-Catholic sentiment. Sentiment similar to what you exhibit here on this forum, which the Church has since distanced themselves from. Perhaps you can bring the church back on course. ;)

You've again avoided addressing the revelation Elder Kimbal had. Why is that? This is the third time I am bringing it up to you now. Care to pontificate?

Quote:
Nipper, Christ's death was a necessary thing for us all, but the cross is not our salvation, Christ is. The cross is the horrible instrument of torture used by the "beast" to torture the saints as well as others they considered their enemies.

And the crucifixion nails were too, right? Care to rationalize the two grips in the temple ceremony that symbolize these nails? Care to also justify why the last sign was reportedly called "Crucifixion" in early Mormonism?

Quote:
In fact, it is the "mark of the beast," or sign of that kingdom!

You haven't established this as a fact. You've simply made an assertion.

Quote:
If you look up "Bishops of Rome under Constaintine I" in Wikipedia, you can see a painting of him handing authority (his crown) to Sylvester!

and?

Quote:
"And it (the Catholic church) exercised all the power of the beast (kingdom - Rome) before it."

You changed the passage by inserting "Catholic Church" and "Kingdom-Rome". <chuckle> Weak.

Last edited by Mike Reed on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Temple Content from Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:49 pm 
Savior (resurrected)

liz3564 wrote:
(Moderator Note) [Thread} moved due to temple content. Remember that we have a hard and fast rule regarding temple content. ALL coversations involving specifics regarding temple symbols and dialogue MUST take place in the Telestial Forum.

I won't participate here. I'll only post where the subject can be treated respectfully.

Stupid rule.