It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:10 am 
God

Of late I have noticed Ray A. believes Kish is Dr. Scratch. Kish on the other hand makes it rather clear he denies being Dr. Scratch, as seen with frothing sarcasm. Therefore, Ray A. can you explain why you continue to push the theory: Kish = Scratch?

Also, Ray A. what caused your switch to defending all things MI et al.? I always enjoy your perspectives and believe you are a very candid and personable poster, but I do not recall you pushing for blanket protection of MI et al. I believe I have been reading your posts on multiple forums for many years.

Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 am 
Seedy Academician

Truth be told, I think Ray is just being a prick because he is angry. His point seems to be that unless I repudiate Doctor Scratch in the strongest terms, I am as good as Scratch myself and will have to bear the consequences. If Simon Belmont had been a smart man, he might have tried something like this.

The thing is, I am not really interested in pissing matches with Ray, Doctor Scratch, or anyone else really. My point is very clear and has nothing to do with specific personalities. I believe strongly that it is deleterious to publish criticisms of members of the LDS Church in good standing in a journal produced at BYU university.

No one has convinced me that stopping that practice would be a bad thing, and I don't see how Ray has made any serious attempt to address this issue. I have to assume that he doesn't have an argument, and has thus retreated to this position of monotonously calling me Doctor Scratch. He should ask himself why he is attacking me when I am not attacking Daniel Peterson. If Daniel Peterson is his real concern here, why is my suggestion a problem for Ray?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 am 
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:

Yes, but do you have an alibi...?

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 am 
Drifting wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Don't need one. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:
Drifting wrote:

Don't need one. :wink:

A Scratchism if ever I saw one...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 am 
Drifting wrote:

Yes...I am Scratch...you are Scratch....we are ALL Scratch.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:
Drifting wrote:

Yes...I am Scratch...you are Scratch....we are ALL Scratch.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do you remember the Tiger Woods advert which pictured lots of mere mortals all proclaiming "I'm Tiger Woods"?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:57 am 
Drifting wrote:
Do you remember the Tiger Woods advert which pictured lots of mere mortals all proclaiming "I'm Tiger Woods"?

No.

I was thinking more of the zombie movies I have seen. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 am 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
lostindc wrote:
Of late I have noticed Ray A. believes Kish is Dr. Scratch. Kish on the other hand makes it rather clear he denies being Dr. Scratch, as seen with frothing sarcasm. Therefore, Ray A. can you explain why you continue to push the theory: Kish = Scratch?

Also, Ray A. what caused your switch to defending all things MI et al.? I always enjoy your perspectives and believe you are a very candid and personable poster, but I do not recall you pushing for blanket protection of MI et al. I believe I have been reading your posts on multiple forums for many years.

Truth be told, I think Ray is just being a prick because he is angry. His point seems to be that unless I repudiate Doctor Scratch in the strongest terms, I am as good as Scratch myself and will have to bear the consequences. If Simon Belmont had been a smart man, he might have tried something like this.

The thing is, I am not really interested in pissing matches with Ray, Doctor Scratch, or anyone else really. My point is very clear and has nothing to do with specific personalities. I believe strongly that it is deleterious to publish criticisms of members of the LDS Church in good standing in a journal produced at BYU university.

No one has convinced me that stopping that practice would be a bad thing, and I don't see how Ray has made any serious attempt to address this issue. I have to assume that he doesn't have an argument, and has thus retreated to this position of monotonously calling me Doctor Scratch. He should ask himself why he is attacking me when I am not attacking Daniel Peterson. If Daniel Peterson is his real concern here, why is my suggestion a problem for Ray?

This is a very fair rebuttal to Ray A. I believe your point has been very clear in regards to the negative impacts of a BYU journal producing hit pieces against members of the LDS Church in good standing. I believe most academics would share your sentiment.

I believe Ray A. is unsure of his stance, but he has the right to change his opinions/beliefs/etc. I am not sure why he has gone out of the way to defend MI et al. and the hit piece coming from MI et al.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:

There is no way in hell they are the same person. Ray is not thinking straight these days. I'm afraid Ray has snapped.

Paul O

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:45 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:

Yes, but the real question is; who is John Galt?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 am 
God

RockSlider wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Yes, but the real question is; who is John Galt?

Every elementary school child in Greenock, Scotland can answer that question: John Galt. Or at least, in the 1950s they could.

They can also tell you the exact location of the monument to the man.

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am 
Bishop

liz3564 wrote:

How do you know?

I've always thought Doctor Scratch and Kishkumen are the same person. In fact, I'm pretty certain of it. But it doesn't surprise me that Kishkumen is denying it to high heaven.

Where's Doctor Scratch? He seems to have disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:

For a period of time years ago, folks accused Scratch and me as being one and the same. Although admittedly flattered to be placed in his company, I repeatedly informed that we were not the same person. Some continued to believe otherwise, but at least I tried.

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 am 
Ludd wrote:
How do you know?

Scratch has his "informants". I have mine. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 am 
Bishop

liz3564 wrote:
Ludd wrote:
How do you know?

Scratch has his "informants". I have mine. :twisted:

Just as I thought. You don't know anything for certain.

I don't know anything for certain, either. But I think it's pretty obvious that Kishkumen and Doctor Scratch are the same person posting under different names. Not that it matters. At least not to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:25 am 
Ludd wrote:

I don't know anything for certain, either. But I think it's pretty obvious that Kishkumen and Doctor Scratch are the same person posting under different names. Not that it matters. At least not to me.

If Kish and Scratch are the same person, then he/she has done A LOT of fancy footwork as far as IP addresses are concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am 
Bishop

liz3564 wrote:
Ludd wrote:

If Kish and Scratch are the same person, then he/she has done A LOT of fancy footwork as far as IP addresses are concerned.

Are you serious?

Aren't you the woman who is involved in IT work?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 am 
Seedy Academician

This is complete BS. Daniel Peterson and Ray A know my IRL identity. Ray and I were longtime Facebook friends. My bet is that Blixa knows for an absolute fact that I and Doctor Scratch are not the same person. Although Don Bradley does not know who Doctor Scratch is, he and I have been IRL friends since the early 90s, and he knows that I am not Doctor Scratch.

This is more silly apologetic warfare and smearing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 am 
Kishkumen wrote:
This is complete BS. Daniel Peterson and Ray A know my IRL identity. Ray and I were longtime Facebook friends. My bet is that Blixa knows for an absolute fact that I and Doctor Scratch are not the same person. Although Don Bradley does not know who Doctor Scratch is, he and I have been IRL friends since the early 90s, and he knows that I am not Doctor Scratch.

This is more silly apologetic warfare and smearing.

Nice try. That's exactly what Doctor Scratch wants us to believe.

I have it on good authority that Rev. Kish is actually a Why Me sock puppet (not the other way around). According to a FAIR Wiki that cites his Facebook wall, he's been seen wearing light cotton T-shirts on a regular basis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next