It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:10 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:27 pm
Posts: 1890
Of late I have noticed Ray A. believes Kish is Dr. Scratch. Kish on the other hand makes it rather clear he denies being Dr. Scratch, as seen with frothing sarcasm. Therefore, Ray A. can you explain why you continue to push the theory: Kish = Scratch?

Also, Ray A. what caused your switch to defending all things MI et al.? I always enjoy your perspectives and believe you are a very candid and personable poster, but I do not recall you pushing for blanket protection of MI et al. I believe I have been reading your posts on multiple forums for many years.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 am 
Seedy Academician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 17475
Location: The Brutus Memorial Rectory at Cassius University
Truth be told, I think Ray is just being a prick because he is angry. His point seems to be that unless I repudiate Doctor Scratch in the strongest terms, I am as good as Scratch myself and will have to bear the consequences. If Simon Belmont had been a smart man, he might have tried something like this.

The thing is, I am not really interested in pissing matches with Ray, Doctor Scratch, or anyone else really. My point is very clear and has nothing to do with specific personalities. I believe strongly that it is deleterious to publish criticisms of members of the LDS Church in good standing in a journal produced at BYU university.

No one has convinced me that stopping that practice would be a bad thing, and I don't see how Ray has made any serious attempt to address this issue. I have to assume that he doesn't have an argument, and has thus retreated to this position of monotonously calling me Doctor Scratch. He should ask himself why he is attacking me when I am not attacking Daniel Peterson. If Daniel Peterson is his real concern here, why is my suggestion a problem for Ray?

_________________
"He who sees only with the eyes of reason has no occasion for spectacles."~Vizir Rustan, The Magic Spectacles


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 am 
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 am
Posts: 7306
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.


Yes, but do you have an alibi...?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 am 
Drifting wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.


Yes, but do you have an alibi...?


Don't need one. :wink:


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 am
Posts: 7306
liz3564 wrote:
Drifting wrote:
Yes, but do you have an alibi...?


Don't need one. :wink:


A Scratchism if ever I saw one...

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 am 
Drifting wrote:
A Scratchism if ever I saw one...



Yes...I am Scratch...you are Scratch....we are ALL Scratch.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 am
Posts: 7306
liz3564 wrote:
Drifting wrote:
A Scratchism if ever I saw one...



Yes...I am Scratch...you are Scratch....we are ALL Scratch.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Do you remember the Tiger Woods advert which pictured lots of mere mortals all proclaiming "I'm Tiger Woods"?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:57 am 
Drifting wrote:
Do you remember the Tiger Woods advert which pictured lots of mere mortals all proclaiming "I'm Tiger Woods"?



No.

I was thinking more of the zombie movies I have seen. :wink:


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:27 pm
Posts: 1890
Kishkumen wrote:
lostindc wrote:
Of late I have noticed Ray A. believes Kish is Dr. Scratch. Kish on the other hand makes it rather clear he denies being Dr. Scratch, as seen with frothing sarcasm. Therefore, Ray A. can you explain why you continue to push the theory: Kish = Scratch?

Also, Ray A. what caused your switch to defending all things MI et al.? I always enjoy your perspectives and believe you are a very candid and personable poster, but I do not recall you pushing for blanket protection of MI et al. I believe I have been reading your posts on multiple forums for many years.


Truth be told, I think Ray is just being a prick because he is angry. His point seems to be that unless I repudiate Doctor Scratch in the strongest terms, I am as good as Scratch myself and will have to bear the consequences. If Simon Belmont had been a smart man, he might have tried something like this.

The thing is, I am not really interested in pissing matches with Ray, Doctor Scratch, or anyone else really. My point is very clear and has nothing to do with specific personalities. I believe strongly that it is deleterious to publish criticisms of members of the LDS Church in good standing in a journal produced at BYU university.

No one has convinced me that stopping that practice would be a bad thing, and I don't see how Ray has made any serious attempt to address this issue. I have to assume that he doesn't have an argument, and has thus retreated to this position of monotonously calling me Doctor Scratch. He should ask himself why he is attacking me when I am not attacking Daniel Peterson. If Daniel Peterson is his real concern here, why is my suggestion a problem for Ray?


This is a very fair rebuttal to Ray A. I believe your point has been very clear in regards to the negative impacts of a BYU journal producing hit pieces against members of the LDS Church in good standing. I believe most academics would share your sentiment.

I believe Ray A. is unsure of his stance, but he has the right to change his opinions/beliefs/etc. I am not sure why he has gone out of the way to defend MI et al. and the hit piece coming from MI et al.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm
Posts: 4986
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.


There is no way in hell they are the same person. Ray is not thinking straight these days. I'm afraid Ray has snapped.

Paul O

_________________
A fool said, "Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the "slave" is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed." (zerinus)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:45 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5824
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.


Yes, but the real question is; who is John Galt?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:03 pm
Posts: 2548
Location: ON, Canada
RockSlider wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.


Yes, but the real question is; who is John Galt?

Every elementary school child in Greenock, Scotland can answer that question: John Galt. Or at least, in the 1950s they could.

They can also tell you the exact location of the monument to the man.

_________________
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am 
Bishop
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 499
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.

How do you know?

I've always thought Doctor Scratch and Kishkumen are the same person. In fact, I'm pretty certain of it. But it doesn't surprise me that Kishkumen is denying it to high heaven.

Where's Doctor Scratch? He seems to have disappeared.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:27 am
Posts: 4085
Location: Planet Earth
liz3564 wrote:
For the record, Kish and Scratch are NOT the same person.

For a period of time years ago, folks accused Scratch and me as being one and the same. Although admittedly flattered to be placed in his company, I repeatedly informed that we were not the same person. Some continued to believe otherwise, but at least I tried.

_________________
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 am 
Ludd wrote:
How do you know?


Scratch has his "informants". I have mine. :twisted:


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 am 
Bishop
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 499
liz3564 wrote:
Ludd wrote:
How do you know?


Scratch has his "informants". I have mine. :twisted:

Just as I thought. You don't know anything for certain.

I don't know anything for certain, either. But I think it's pretty obvious that Kishkumen and Doctor Scratch are the same person posting under different names. Not that it matters. At least not to me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:25 am 
Ludd wrote:
Just as I thought. You don't know anything for certain.

I don't know anything for certain, either. But I think it's pretty obvious that Kishkumen and Doctor Scratch are the same person posting under different names. Not that it matters. At least not to me.


If Kish and Scratch are the same person, then he/she has done A LOT of fancy footwork as far as IP addresses are concerned.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am 
Bishop
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 499
liz3564 wrote:
Ludd wrote:
Just as I thought. You don't know anything for certain.

I don't know anything for certain, either. But I think it's pretty obvious that Kishkumen and Doctor Scratch are the same person posting under different names. Not that it matters. At least not to me.


If Kish and Scratch are the same person, then he/she has done A LOT of fancy footwork as far as IP addresses are concerned.

Are you serious?

Aren't you the woman who is involved in IT work?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 am 
Seedy Academician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 17475
Location: The Brutus Memorial Rectory at Cassius University
This is complete BS. Daniel Peterson and Ray A know my IRL identity. Ray and I were longtime Facebook friends. My bet is that Blixa knows for an absolute fact that I and Doctor Scratch are not the same person. Although Don Bradley does not know who Doctor Scratch is, he and I have been IRL friends since the early 90s, and he knows that I am not Doctor Scratch.

This is more silly apologetic warfare and smearing.

_________________
"He who sees only with the eyes of reason has no occasion for spectacles."~Vizir Rustan, The Magic Spectacles


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kish, Ray, and Doctor Scratch?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 am 
Kishkumen wrote:
This is complete BS. Daniel Peterson and Ray A know my IRL identity. Ray and I were longtime Facebook friends. My bet is that Blixa knows for an absolute fact that I and Doctor Scratch are not the same person. Although Don Bradley does not know who Doctor Scratch is, he and I have been IRL friends since the early 90s, and he knows that I am not Doctor Scratch.

This is more silly apologetic warfare and smearing.


Nice try. That's exactly what Doctor Scratch wants us to believe.

I have it on good authority that Rev. Kish is actually a Why Me sock puppet (not the other way around). According to a FAIR Wiki that cites his Facebook wall, he's been seen wearing light cotton T-shirts on a regular basis.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group