It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scratchism and The Moral Black Hole of MormonDiscussions.com.
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:46 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Who is John Gault?

Whoever he may be....... He is not Droopy.

The John Gault character made a number of excellent points in the novel in which he appeared, but he was also an objectivist character promoting specific views grounded in that philosophy, and objectivism is not generally compatible with conservatism, although some aspects of it merit serious attention.

And now, back to your wet log, steelhead. None of this is going to work. Dance, prance, shuffle, and gyrate all you wish and try to smear me by creating the appearance of hypocrisy or this or that or whatever you wish to attempt.

You, like Scratch and Graham, are an offender for a word, a viper, a trap door spider, and an intellectual and moral insect.

I have no further desire to discuss anything with you.

And as I take pains not to post anything below the Terrestrial room, this conversation is ended.

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm 
God

Jason Bourne wrote:
I do not recall Droopy even stating anything like what Scratch is saying.

Scratch I have come to understand you better over the years but I still don't abide much of your approach. I think unless you can prove what you say about Droopy is indeed based in facts you should withdraw it.

Why do we need to get personal?

Thanks, Jason. No, I've never posted anything like what Scratch or Ronald are ascribing to me (with a vast amount of self interested extrapolation at that).

Nor is my time on welfare in any way hypocritical. We're talking about some 30 plus years ago, when my present political philosophy was only just beginning to emerge. As I said previously, not only we're we and my first wife on welfare, we were trapped in it.

The welfare state and its programs destroy initiative, hope, the work ethic, and the kinds of attitudes/values that promote success and human growth. I have personal experience to back that up, as do millions of others.

Actually, my present conservative/libertarian political philosophy did not blossom and develop in a really coherent way until around 1986. That's the time I really discovered who I was and what I really believed philosophically as to political questions.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Droopy wrote:
Nor is my time on welfare in any way hypocritical. We're talking about some 30 plus years ago, when my present political philosophy was only just beginning to emerge. As I said previously, not only we're we and my first wife on welfare, we were trapped in it.

The welfare state and its programs destroy initiative, hope, the work ethic, and the kinds of attitudes/values that promote success and human growth. I have personal experience to back that up, as do millions of others.

That's not what you said. You said the exact opposite, in fact, which is that it made you want steady employment more than ever. Plus, where would you have been with no welfare at all? That's what's basically hypocritical about your "political philosophy." You used and relied on the social safety net when you needed to, but now that you are cozily ensconced in the "financial independence" of an inheritance, you happily flip the bird at all the other people who need "liberal" policies to help them out.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Who is John Gault?

Whoever he may be....... He is not Droopy.

Except for the length and relative vacuity of each of their monologues.

Post subject: Re: Telestial thread Scratchism and The Moral Black Hole of
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 pm 
God

But, Galt is at least consistent with his philosophies.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm 
God

Quote:
That's not what you said.

Lie number 1

Quote:
You said the exact opposite, in fact,

Lie number two.

Quote:
which is that it made you want steady employment more than ever.

Yes, that's what I said. I said I wanted employment, and I said, just above, that whenever I found something I might like, my wife became concerned that we would lose our benefits.

You need to hold the next drag on your bong a looooong time, Scratch. Let the good times roll.

Quote:
Plus, where would you have been with no welfare at all?

I would have asked my parents, and they would have helped me. There were some personal issues with them at the time (there's another one for your slanderfest, Scratch) and I didn't want to, but if I had, they would have been there.

Quote:
That's what's basically hypocritical about your "political philosophy." You used and relied on the social safety net when you needed to, but now that you are cozily ensconced in the "financial independence" of an inheritance, you happily flip the bird at all the other people who need "liberal" policies to help them out.

Just keep going around and around and around with the same mantra and beating the same drum, like Goebbles, until you get dizzy on your own guile and pass out.

I don't need to explain anything to you. I'm not on trial here for anything. You clearly haven't even been paying attention to what I've been arguing for the last six years in this intellectual cathouse regarding the welfare state and its clear alternatives.

In all actuality, I don't think you even care, one way or another, what the truth of anything is at all. I think is simply to destroy; to destroy the church, destroy the faith and testimony of other Mormons, and fight, kick, scream, and spit against "all righteousness.

You are an anti-Christ, Scratch. A minor player in the minor leagues, perhaps, but one of the players nonetheless.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Wed May 09, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:31 pm 
God

Are you sure you read the book Droop? Galt would have never have accepted any form of government assistance.

You did. Hence you are inconsistent with your own espoused ideals.

And unlike you I have never taken a nickel from an entitlement program. Who's the tapeworm now?

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

Last edited by SteelHead on Wed May 09, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:32 pm 
God

You also obviously haven't even bothered to follow this thread, and actually read what I've been saying all along. Nor are you obviously aware of the years of posts in which I've gone over these issues in the past.

Not only is it all completely consistent, its completely understandable and comprehensible to anyone with an IQ above that of a staple.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm 
God

Personal attacks, and attacks on my IQ? I'm wounded to the quick. Ouch.

I'm sorry you are inconsistent Droop. Try to practice what you preach and you won't get called on it.

~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Are you sure you read the book Droop? Galt would have never have accepted any form of government assistance.

You did. Hence you are inconsistent with your own espoused ideals.

I'll give you perhaps ten years of the study of basic logic and critical thinking, and a twenty year crash course in basic human decency before you are capable of engaging an intellectually mature adult in a serious discussion.

There is no possible inconsistency in my philosophy relative to what occurred as to my time on welfare 30 years ago. At least, not a logical inconsistency.

But all you're concerned about is smearing me with some really sophomoric head games (worse than Scratch's, in truth), and not an honest interest in the rather easily understood conditions as I've explained them.

Now, go see if you can find a clean needle and come back when you're in a better mood.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Personal attacks, and attacks on my IQ? I'm wounded to the quick. Ouch.

Are you any stranger to personal attacks, "head?"

Quote:
I'm sorry you are inconsistent Droop. Try to practice what you preach...

I always have, and I see no reason to change coarse now.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:46 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:

Sorry Droop, but the proper word is course. Coarse is what you are.

Is this the best you got?

~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Sorry Droop, but the proper word is course. Coarse is what you are.

Is this the best you got?

Thanks for correcting my inadvertent typo, Steelhead. You know what kind of adolescent mentality does that kind of thing on a message board?

Yes, I think you do.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:36 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
My political beliefs are a matter of principle, not of knavish, servile genuflecting to my own belly.

:confused: How do you reconcile these political beliefs with religious teachings that say to love and care for one another?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm 
God

Droopy,
Just trying to help you get your message across. Outside of a lack of internal consistency, name calling and personal attacks................ you do have a message? .........................somewhere............................... hmmm......................

Anyone?

Hey Droop I can count to 1023 on my fingers. Can you?

~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:41 pm 
God

moksha wrote:
Droopy wrote:
My political beliefs are a matter of principle, not of knavish, servile genuflecting to my own belly.

:confused: How do you reconcile these political beliefs with religious teachings that say to love and care for one another?

By nuking the penguins of peace.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:43 pm 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Droopy,
Just trying to help you get your message across. Outside of a lack of internal consistency, name calling and personal attacks................ you do have a message? .........................somewhere............................... hmmm......................

Yes, its in the other 90%-95% of my posting history - the internally consistent, civil, philosophically serious part that nobody ever wants to engage and discuss and which people like you will likely never understand.

I'm out of here.

Oh, and please mention the F-scale to Blixa for me.

I think she's a little out of the loop within the tight little funnel of her own "education."

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:25 am 
God

You are correct Droopy, I am new to this community and unfamiliar with your body of work. However, in my brief sojourn here I have seen very little from you that could be called civil. Offensive is more apt.

Perhaps if your musings lacked the vitriol, the open condescenion of opposing ideas, and the raw contempt for the other side? Then you might be better received and engaged in a more constructive manner.

~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am 
God

Poor Droopy. I feel sorry for him.

I thought about all the things I could say to inflame him and piss him off. There are lots of buttons to press and say nasty stuff. But, I figured I would take the higher road and leave him be.

You see, I really am a good person.

:smile:

Paul O

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 am 
God

Paul,
You are a better man than I.

~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 am 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Paul,
You are a better man than I.

Sometimes.

:wink:

Paul O

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next