It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I am embarrassed for the church
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am 
God

consiglieri wrote:
The Dude may ridicule another's religious beliefs.

--Consiglieri

And he, and you, do so anonymously. I mean, you all ridicule the young elders who make fun of Catholicism, Buddha and the like and are disrespectful.

Exactly how is ridiculing another's religious beliefs different than ridiculing another's race, gender, sexual preference, or handicap?

Ninety-nine percent of my apostate friends leave the church. Period. Every ward has them on their rosters. The one percent, the demented ones, spend hours in front of their screens typing out rants, like Dr. Dude, against a religion in which they are no longer involved. The one percent, like our good mod Liz here, enable all this by attacking and vilifying the shy and hesitant church defenders just brave enough to wade in here long enough so that Liz can chop off their toes before she tells her bishop what a good Christian she is.

This place is great because moderators don't throw the bums out. But this place is where you can see the faithful, timid, humble servants of God attempting to sally forth against the demented one percent who feel no limitations to what might be respectable behavior.

Come on, Dr. W., weigh in so that I can expose you for what you aren't. I dare you.

Last edited by Yahoo Bot on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: From ''I am embarrassed for the church''
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:52 pm 
Yahoo Bot wrote:
consiglieri wrote:
The Dude may ridicule another's religious beliefs.

--Consiglieri

And he, and you, do so anonymously. I mean, you all ridicule the young elders who make fun of Catholicism, Buddha and the like and are disrespectful.

Exactly how is ridiculing another's religious beliefs different than ridiculing another's race, gender, sexual preference, or handicap?

Ninety-nine percent of my apostate friends leave the church. Period. Every ward has them on their rosters. The one percent, the demented ones, spend hours in front of their screens typing out rants, like Dr. Dude, against a religion in which they are no longer involved. The one percent, like our good mod Liz here, enable all this by attacking and vilifying the shy and hesitant church defenders just brave enough to wade in here long enough so that Liz can chop off their toes before she tells her bishop what a good Christian she is.

This place is great because moderators don't throw the bums out. But this place is where you can see the faithful, timid, humble servants of God attempting to sally forth against the demented one percent who feel no limitations to what might be respectable behavior.

Come on, Dr. W., weigh in so that I can expose you for what you aren't. I dare you.

Are you saying that YOU are among the "shy and hesitant church defenders"? I wouldn't classify you as shy or hesitant. You dish it out, but you can't take it. Like the old saying goes, "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

As far as my "attacking" church defenders, please consult Dan Peterson, David Bokyvoy, and Mak, here. All three of them can tell you that I get along with them famously, and I have certainly never made them feel as if I was "slicing their toes" when they have chosen to wade here at Shady Acres.

And, although I am far from perfect, I think that if my bishop were to compare you and I, it could be said that I am a lot closer to actually being a good Christian than you are.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:
As far as my "attacking" church defenders, please consult Dan Peterson, David Bokyvoy, and Mak, here. All three of them can tell you that I get along with them famously, and I have certainly never made them feel as if I was "slicing their toes" when they have chosen to wade here at Shady Acres.

And, although I am far from perfect, I think that if my bishop were to compare you and I, it could be said that I am a lot closer to actually being a good Christian than you are.

You've made repeated comments about my lack of Christianity in comparison to yours. Such silly breast-beating. Good for you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

You've made repeated comments about my lack of Christianity in comparison to yours. Such silly breast-beating. Good for you.

Genghis Khan was a better Christian than you. She's not exactly bragging.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 pm 
God

Buffalo wrote:

I'm used to Liz's mean-spirited Mod-sponsored attacks against my religion and my religiosity. No big deal to me. I don't come in this forum to get love. It is to bathe in the hate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

consiglieri wrote:
Then the Church is never bound by anything.

Yahoo Bot wrote:
Such silly breast-beating.

You can tell this is a good thread because there is all this talk about beating and being bound.

Although I am extremely concerned about whether I am a good Christian and a moral person, as determined by Yahoo Bot's interpretation of the tenets of his favorite tax-free pyramid scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
Buffalo wrote:

I'm used to Liz's mean-spirited Mod-sponsored attacks

I didn't realize the moderators here sponsored attacks. Are you selling sponsorships, Dr. Shades?

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
Yahoo Bot wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Actually, Bot, you are wrong. This is the first time I have ever compared my Christianity to yours...and I only did it in response to YOUR initial comment involving my supposedly "telling my bishop what a good Christian I am". The comment was so absurd, it deserved a response.

Your own words are what consistently get you into trouble.

I notice that you didn't bother speaking to my first paragraph that you quoted. Why is it, Bot, that you seem to be the only apologist on the board who thinks I attack defenders? Don't you find it odd that you are the only apologist who feels that way? Could it be that maybe I'm not the one with the problem?

Yahoo Bot wrote:
'm used to Liz's mean-spirited Mod-sponsored attacks against my religion and my religiosity. No big deal to me. I don't come in this forum to get love. It is to bathe in the hate.

This whole statement is an out and out lie. I categorically deny that I have EVER attacked the Church on this board. Your religion, Bob, is MY religion, too. Are there tenets that I have taken issue with? Yes. But that is a far cry from disrespecting my faith.

What I have done, is rightfully criticized YOUR actions on this board. Your constant attacks against ANYONE who disagrees with you, whether they are believers or critics, makes a mockery of the priesthood you supposedly hold.

Also...in answer to your pathetic passive-aggressive attempt to insinuate that I am bias in my moderation toward you...I also categorically deny it, and challenge you to point to ANY situation where I moderated you unfairly.

As Shades has pointed out many times, we, as moderators, are allowed to "speak as a man" when we are not in red Moderator mode.

I have as much right as any other poster to speak my mind when dealing with you in a one on one situation in a thread. That is completely different from my acting in a Moderator capacity. If you, in looking back in history can find even ONE Moderator call I made against you which was unfair, I will step down as a Mod.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:
I have as much right as any other poster to speak my mind when dealing with you in a one on one situation in a thread.

Hell yeah! You go girl! You rock!

Paul O

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:

Well, my mom got pretty upset when friends of hers who read this board read your claims that my mother wasn't married when she gave birth to me and further that she was a dog.

Tough day for her that day. And then my 11-year-old who occasionally reads this board said the same day, "Hey Dad, this board moderator Liz says you're a bastuhd. Wasn't you mom married?". Tough for me that day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 pm 
Yahoo Bot wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Well, my mom got pretty upset when friends of hers who read this board read your claims that my mother wasn't married when she gave birth to me and further that she was a dog.

Tough day for her that day. And then my 11-year-old who occasionally reads this board said the same day, "Hey Dad, this board moderator Liz says you're a bastuhd. Wasn't you mom married?". Tough for me that day.

If you actually allow your 11 year old to read this board, then you're a pretty lousy parent, too. Although there is no formal age policy on this board, I would not allow my minor children to read it. The subject matter is very adult.

I am not proud of calling you an SOB and a bastard, and I have apologized to you on more than one occasion for doing so. You seem to be a liar, too, because you claimed that you had forgiven me, and it is obvious that you haven't.

As; far as your Mom's supposed reaction....If I was your Mom, and noticed that someone had called you an SOB, I would be curious as to why. I think that if she read my reasoning for dong so, she would probably not only think I was justified, but probably reprimand YOU as well. This is, of course, giving her the benefit of the doubt that she is a good mother, in spite of your actions. I have no reason to doubt that she is. I pity the poor woman, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 pm 
Oh, also, Bot, let me add....it is pretty pathetic how you don't even have the guts to comment on my valid argument, preferring instead to drudge up old contentions which, I was under the impression were genuinely "water under the bridge".

Man up and respond. You claimed that I was of the 1% of the board who consistently attacked all of the posters who dared defend the LDS Church. If that is true, please explain to me how apologists such as Dan Peterson, Mak, BC, and myself are friends. I don't think that any of them would claim that I have personally attacked them. BC and I have crossed swords from a debate perspective but we still have a mutual respect for one another. Again, does it not seem more plausible that YOU are the one with the problem?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 am 
God

Bot is just still sore over this anonymity stuff. He now wishes he had stayed anonymous but he got his legal advice from an idiot.

Bot I will take your word that your parents were married. Were they married to each other?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 am 
God

The Dude wrote:
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/racial-remarks-in-washington-post-article

This is the Church's response to Dr Bott's justification for the policy about blacks and the priesthood:

Quote:
The positions attributed to BYU professor Randy Bott in a recent Washington Post article absolutely do not represent the teachings and doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. BYU faculty members do not speak for the Church. It is unfortunate that the Church was not given a chance to respond to what others said.

The Church’s position is clear—we believe all people are God’s children and are equal in His eyes and in the Church. We do not tolerate racism in any form.

For a time in the Church there was a restriction on the priesthood for male members of African descent. It is not known precisely why, how, or when this restriction began in the Church but what is clear is that it ended decades ago. Some have attempted to explain the reason for this restriction but these attempts should be viewed as speculation and opinion, not doctrine. The Church is not bound by speculation or opinions given with limited understanding.

We condemn racism, including any and all past racism by individuals both inside and outside the Church.

So the Church is officially saying they don't know anything about the restriction except that it is over? Well guess what, as long as the Church doesn't step up with a good explanation, people like Dr. Bott are going to try and come up with an explanation. Some will do it in good faith, and some in bad faith, but it's going to be one long drawn-out PR mess as long as the Mormon leaders shrug their shoulders and play dumb. The world will not forget.

For crying shame. Is there not a prophet in the house?

Just a reminder that this thread is not all about Yahoo Bot and his family.

Mods, can we move the non relevant personal attack stuff somewhere else so the threads original theme can be restored?

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

Post subject: Re: From ''I am embarrassed for the church''
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:47 am 
Founder & Visionary

[MODERATOR NOTE: I have split these posts from their original thread because the latter ones seemed to have a "Telestial" feel to them, in my opinion.

The first few posts you see here were Terrestrial enough, but I nevertheless split them too in order to preserve the latter ones' context. I hope you agree that that was the right move.]

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 am 
Dr. Shades wrote:
[MODERATOR NOTE: I have split these posts from their original thread because the latter ones seemed to have a "Telestial" feel to them, in my opinion.

The first few posts you see here were Terrestrial enough, but I nevertheless split them too in order to preserve the latter ones' context. I hope you agree that that was the right move.]

Agreed. I simply merged Yahoo's initial comment that I was responding to. Now this thread is consistent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 am 
I am curious to see if Yahoo Bot will actually have the courage to answer my questions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 am 
God

Liz. Stop the PMs to me now. Please. I disabled that feature long ago but I guess it doesn't apply to Mods. I appreciate all you do in your Mod capacity to make this board a reasonable place to be but focus your personal animus against me in the Terrestial forum, not here and not in PMs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:

You shouldn't lie this transparently. You need a lot more build up and details before many people will believe such obvious trolling. 3/10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:47 am 
Yahoo Bot wrote:
Liz. Stop the PMs to me now. Please. I disabled that feature long ago but I guess it doesn't apply to Mods. I appreciate all you do in your Mod capacity to make this board a reasonable place to be but focus your personal animus against me in the Terrestial forum, not here and not in PMs.

I did not realize that you did not want PMs. All I meant to do was to let you know that the thread we were carrying on our conversation on had split.

You will not receive anymore PMs from me.

I would appreciate it if you would please respond to my comment here:

viewtopic.php?p=562798#p562798

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:28 pm 
God

Sorry, I don't dialogue in this forum.