I am a ex-Mormon, and I was a missionary for the Church. I resigned from the Church, and I am no longer a believer in Mormonism or Joseph Smith. I am a Daheshist (follower of Dr. Dahesh, the miracle-working Prophet of Lebanon). I am not an Evangelical Christian. So, Evangelicals may "dismiss" all my facts and evidence because I am not one of them. That is fine. I will reveal my facts anyway.
I have grave doubts that Ed Decker is a "Man of God". If by "Man of God" you mean an honest and spiritual Christian man, Ed is not. He is not honest. Is he a "Christian"? Only God knows. Certainly if he is a Christian, he is a "carnal" Christian. I will tell you my reasons for coming to this conclusion.
I met Ed Decker in 1979, and attended a lecture he was giving in Tacoma, Washington. Ed absolutely stated the following at that lecture:
1. He became a Christian because Mormon elders could not heal his son Jason (who was born with deformed inner ears), but ministers and elders at the Angle Lake Christian Church (in SeaTac Washington) did lay their hands and pray to Jesus and his son Jason was miraculously healed.
2. His Mormon bishop commanded his Mormon wife to divorce him because he became a Christian.
3. The Three Hebrew words that Mormons use in the temple means "O Wonderful Lucifer".
4. Mormons promise to be killed if they reveal Temple secrets and Mormon Danites have killed many apostate Mormons.
5. Mormon store TWO YEARS of guns and ammunition so that when the Mormon Prophet says "go" they will take over the United States.
6. There is an exact replica of the Oval Office in the Washington D.C. Temple, and the Mormon prophet will take a plane from Salt Lake City to the Washington D. C. Temple and rule from that exact replica after Mormons take over the U.S.
7. There are many Mormons in the CIA, FBI, in Congress, Senate, so that they can take over the U.S., and kill all who refuse to become Mormons.
8. The Mormon Church tries to discredit him by saying he was excommunicated for adultery, but this is a lie.
9. The Mormon Church has tried to kill him a number of times, and once a Mormon in "cammies" tried to kill him with a high-powered rifle, but the man was caught, and the "bullet missed by head by inches".
10. A film is being made called "To Kolob and Back" (later changed to "The God Makers") that will expose the truth about Mormonism to millions.
1. Jason was not healed by the minister and elders of the Angle Lake Christian Church (I spoke to them a week after the lecture) but by specialists at the University of Washington Medical Center after many surgeries. Jason was the son of his second "Christian" wife; not his first Mormon wife.
2. According to Phyllis Decker, Ed's first and Mormon wife, Ed committed adultery against her so many times she can't even count, but all her bishops told her to "forgive" Ed each and every time. She divorced him on grounds of adultery and mental cruelty. Ed did not contest or counter-sue. Ed has told people that "Mormons changed the court records" and also "the judge was a Mormon" and also he was in New Jersey so he could not contest the divorce. According to Ed, Phyllis is a liar and he did not contest the divorce because he was in New Jersey and could not get to Seattle in time to contest it (and apparently could not afford a Seattle attorney to represent him).
3. "Pay Ley Ale" means "Mouth Hear God" in Hebrew. The words for "Wonderful Lucifer" in Hebrew are "pehLeh HeyLeyL" and were NEVER part of the Mormon Temple ceremony. Ed now claims that the words "used to be" "pehLeh HeyLeyL". I once asked Ed where he got this information that the "Old Mormon Endowment" included the words "PehLeh HayLeyl"? From what source? I've read hundreds of old anti-Mormon books and articles and NOWHERE did I ever see the claim of "PehLeh HeyLeyL" by any spelling! He replied: "You're such a good research, do you own research!"
4. Mormons never promised to be killed if they revealed Temple secrets, but rather they would suffer to be killed by their enemies rather then reveal them.
5. Mormons are NOT commanded to store two years of guns and ammo! They are commanded to store ONE YEAR of food in case of economic emergencies or earthquakes etc. I asked Ed where he got the notion that Mormons are commanded to store "two years" of guns and ammmo. He said he was told this by a Regional Representative at a Stake Conference. I asked, "Who is he? What Stake?" He replied: "Do your OWN research!"
6. The "Exact Replica of the Oval Office" is such a high secret that only high Mormon leaders know about it! Well...how then did Ed know about it? I asked him that, and he replied: "DO YOU OWN RESEARCH!"
7. If Mormons are in politics and the CIA and FBI and congress and senate are all part of this "conspiracy" to take over the U.S., you figure at least ONE of them would have broken this secret. How does Ed know this great Mormon secret? I've asked. Ed replies: "YOU figure it out!"
8. True! Ed Decker was ____NEVER____ excommunicated for adultery, but for apostasy. This is very true. Did some Mormons say Ed was exed for adultery? Yes! Some Mormons say "I" was too! (which is also lie....I was never exed but resigned...never had a Church Court). Some Mormons say that of anyone who leaves the Church. Did Mormon "leaders" say that? No proof. Ed Decker was never exed for adultery because the Church tries to keep families together unless there is evidence of incest or physical abuse. None in Ed's situation. Phyllis claims Ed committed adultery against her many times and Mormon bishops always told her "Forgive him!". Ed calls her a liar. He said/she said. God knows the truth of the matter. We do not.
9. Ed has preached against the LDS Church since 1975 at least. Apparently, the Mormon assassinations are like Keystone Cops; bumblers at best. Who is the "man in camophlage" that Ed caught outside of his home? What happened to him? Did Ed turn him into the police? Let him go? When did this happen? Where? Ed says: "Do you OWN research?" He later claimed that while in Scotland an "unknown man" got a Coke for him, and he drank it, and soon was in culvulsions for six hours, and had to be rushed to a hospital to have his stomach pumped and the doctors said: "You had seven times the lethal dose of arsenic, it is a miracle that you lived!" But the Pastor who took Decker to Pizzaland said "No way!" and that the man was his friend, and that the waitress got Decker his drink and refill, and that Decker preached against Freemasonry that night. Further research by Wally Tope (now deceased) and the Tanners reveal that there was no hospital visit, no stomach pumping, and his arsenic level was normal, and that Ed only saw a Veterinarian in Ireland for "stomach cramps" and was given some basic medication for it. The Tanners document all of this in "Serious Charges Against the Tanners" you can buy from Utah Lighthouse Ministry for four dollars. Ed DID have a bullet hole in his bedroom window in May Valley Washington for years, and showed it off to all visitors to his home. About the same time somebody fired a high-powered rifle bullet into his window, somebody fired a high-powered rifle bullet that struck the Angel Moroni statue on the Seattle Temple.
On the Phil Donahue Show, Decker claimed it was the "Mormons" who tried to poison him in Scotland, but on radio shows he says: "It was the Masons, not the Mormons at all!" Phil Donahue asked: "You claim the Mormons have tried to poison you or assassinate you?" Ed replies: "Oh, yeah! Many times!" This is documented.
10. The film "To Kolob and Back" became "The God Makers".
Ed has also claimed.....
11. He and Bill Whitham re-enacted the audio portion of the Temple Ceremony on a Christian radio station, then the Mormons burned down the station (I remember listening to this claim on a Saints Alive Cassette Tape...he said "they burned down the entire radio station"). Ed now claims it was not the station but the "Tower". I've asked him what station owned the tower. He said: "It was in the newspaper at the time, do you own research!" I asked: "What newspaper, when?" He replied: "DO YOU OWN RESEARCH!" He once told a friend of mine that it was in Idaho (refused to say where in Idaho). He recently says it was a station or "tower" in Ogden, but "forgot" the call letters. How convenient! There is only one Christian radio station in Ogden Utah, and neither their station nor tower has ever burned down. I asked. Ask them yourself!
12. Mormons only "pretend" to believe that Jesus is their Savior, but they really believe that Joseph Smith is their Savior. BIG LIE! I once asked Ed about this, and he said: "That was Dave's mistake not mine!" Dave Hunt is the co-author of "The God Makers" book. But this same "mistake" appears in the second expanded edition of "The God Makers". Why did not Ed have them change it? A similar claim is found in "The God Makers" film, which Dave Hunt apparently had nothing to do with.
13. For YEARS the Associate Director of Saints Alive in Jesus was William Schnoebelen, a man who claimed to be a former Roman Catholic priest. When that was proved a lie, he claimed to be a former "High Wiccan" and Satanist. The Tanners (in their book "The Lucifer God Doctrine") reveal that Schnoebelen was a patholical liar, and was in fact involed with a Church called "The Old Catholic Church--Ultrajective Tradition" that was founded by a man named Stelik who made child porn and engaged in Satan worship. Schnoebelen was his "second in command" for many years before becoming Decker's "second in command" at Saints Alive in Washington State.
14. Ed DID claim in 1980 while he was in Chile that "Mormon missionaries are really CIA agents" and six missionaries were later killed for "being CIA agents" by Communist groups in Bolivia and Peru. Now Ed says that CIA agents "associate" with Mormon missionaries (how they do he does not say). In fact, the CIA has "spies" in Chile who are Chileans who work in key military and government positions. Mormon missionaries are never in any position to find out "Chilean" government secrets! U.S. spies in Chile are Chilean military officers and government officials who give their secrets to CIA agents posing as Diplomatic Protection Service agents; not as Mormon missionaries. For CIA agents to "pose" as Mormon missionaries would be futile and stupid (i.e. they would have no diplomatic protection as Mormon missionaries).
15. Ed DID once claim that Jerald and Sandra Tanners were Mormon spies and or "demon possessed" after they came out with booklets and newsletters challenging a number of his claims such as "Pay Ley Ale" and his claims that the Mormon Church has sent assassins after him and tried to poison him with Legionnaire's Disease and arsenic, that he "caught" a Mormon assassin in camophlage, etc. The Tanners document that, and Ed's plagarisms of their works, in "Serious Charges Against the Tanners" (available via Utah Lighthouse Ministry for four dollars).
16. Ed claims that Mormons are taught "to despise the blood of Jesus" and that is why Mormons use water, not wine. Another BIG LIE! Mormons use water because wine was too expensive and rare in Missouri when the decision was made to use water to "represent the blood which was shed for them". Ed knows this. He lied...again.
17. In "The God Makers" at the Final Judgment, Joseph Smith is in the middle flanked by Elohim and Jesus to his right and left. Another LIE! No Mormon believes this! Mormons believe they will go before the 'Judgment Bar of Christ". He alone will judge them.
18. Decker claims he left high-paying positions as an executive of Boeing (or IBM or some other major company he throws out) in over to "live in poverty" to preach against the dangers of Mormons. According to what I was told by people who researched Decker (James Carver and Robert and Rosemary Brown), for th to be sure. For 19 years Decker was "Mormon" he lived in 29 states, and would get Mormons involved in get-rich-quick pyramid schemes, and then "take the money and run". I have heard Ed on cassette tapes claiming he was "a Temple Mormon of the Senior Elect Melchizedek Priesthood" during this time. According to Phyllis, Ed had something to do with distributing porn films (which was illegal at the time) for some "friends" of his in Newark New Jersey. When a new film came out Ed would have a party with smoking and alcohol, invite friends she didn't know over. She would go upstairs and wait until the film and drinking was over with. All during this time, Ed continued to attend the Church every Sunday and talk to Mormons about "a sure thing" to get them rich quick. MANY Mormons FELL FOR THIS...including numerous Mormon bishops, which is one reason why these bishops never excommunicated him.
When porn distribution became LEGAL (i.e. and the mob was no longer involved in its distribution) is about the time Ed became a born-again Christian and started Saints Alive. Ed and Phyllis lived in 29 states in 19 years. What was his "job" duing this time? I've tried since 1979 to find out. Decker says: "Do you OWN research! Figure it out yourself!"
Again, Ed claims Phyllis is a "LIAR" and she cheated against him, yahda yahda. Again, is Phyllis lying or is Ed lying? God knows. We do not. All we KNOW for sure is that Phyllis divorced Ed for adultery. Ed says he would have contested it but was "back east" and could not get to Seattle to contest the divorce or counter-sue. Ed says he got all his money from investments and savings when he was an "executive for many fortune 500 companies". Ed.....what companies did you work for, and when?" Ed still refuses to tell.
I've tried to get Decker to send me his resume' of before he started Saints Alive (i.e. what companies he worked for, when, what positions he held, etc.), but he says: "Do you OWN research ok?" I visited Decker at his home in May Valley, Washington, in 1979, three years after he started Saints Alive, and his home was HUGE, and he had a British MG sports car plus a large mobile home and guest house. His current home in North Bend Washington is probably a one million dollar home at least.
19. A man claiming to have known Ed in 1973 in Washington State, a Mormon, claims that Ed was "new" to the Ward, but was put in charge as treasurer of a Youth Camp they were planning, and soon Ed disappeared with the funds and was never seen again. I CANNOT tell you if that man lied to me or not.
Even thought Decker has lied and exaggerate a LOT, I must confess that 90% of what Decker has said and written about Mormonism is ___TRUE____! Ed being a liar does NOT mean Mormonism is true! I have come to my own conclusion, that it is not true.
I have discovered that the Pastors who invite Ed to lecture against Mormonism DO NOT CARE if he lies about this or that! They say: "If Ed has lied that is between him and the Lord, but he is doing too much good for the Body of Christ!"
___A Daheshist View of Mormonism and Evangelicalism___
Dr. Dahesh taught that the Atheist who does more GOOD WORKS than the Christian or Muslim, will get a better reward than they in the afterlife. We are judged by our "works" (Rev. 20:12) and absolutely nothing else. We are not "saved" by our works, but "judged" by them. IN Daheshism, Jesus saves "all" men; not just Evangelical Christians. All will be "saved" for Hell, but all will get different rewards (or punishments) according to their works; how they "treat" others. So, Joseph Smith will be punished for "his" sins. Mormons who sincerely try to do good, will not be punished for the "sins" of Joseph Smith or any other Mormon leader, according to the teachings of Dr. Dahesh--the miracle-working prophet of Lebanon.
Has Ed Decker done "good"? Well, certainly he has convinced many people to NOT become Mormons. He has convinced "few" Mormons to leave the Mormon Church; unless they are very "recent" converts or people who were Mormons as children, but never believing Mormons, then they become Christians as adults, then they run into Decker's literature and say: "Because of Ed Decker, I'm now a Christian and no longer a Mormon!". But TBMs (True Believing Mormons) KNOW he is lying and exaggerating, and because of that they ignore everything else he has to say or write. In fact, Decker's LIES have "hardened" many thousands of Mormons against even considering Anti-Mormon literature or claims!
Ed Decker HAS convinced some more "mentally unstable" Christians (?) and others (such as Communists in South America) to attack and sometimes kill Mormons. Many Mormon missionaries have been threatened, or assaulted, or spit upon, or beaten, because of the lies of Ed Decker. HOW IS __THAT__ FROM GOD?
There are many "honest" Anti-Mormons out there! Bill McKeever is one. Shawn McCraney is another. Jerald Tanner was not particularly "honest" but he was more honest than Ed Decker! Yet, many Evangelicals prefer the "sensational lies" of Ed Decker, because they are entertaining! Evangelicals LOVE to believe there is such worldwide Masonic/Luciferian/Mormon conspiracy against them, just as Al-Qaeda supporters believe there is some worldwide Jewish/Zionist/American/Masonic conspiracy against Islaam! Simple minds ___love___ conspiracy theories! Not all or even most Evangelicals have simple minds, but the followers of Decker always seem to.
According to the teachings of Dr. Dahesh, for Mormons and Evangelicals who argue and fight about "Who is Christian and Who is NOt?" is like two r******* twins arguing about the Moon being made of cheese or milk! Utterly fruitless. Utterly ridiculous. What Mormons and Evangelicals SHOULD be doing is what Jesus commanded them to do: feed the poor, take care of the orphans, cloth the naked. THAT is what Jesus wants us to do: not argue about doctrine or who is Christian and who is not. Jesus wants our lives to be filled with "good works"; not with debating doctrine or spitting or beating or killing or shunning each other.
_Is Ed Decker a Christian?___
Ed Decker says: "I'm a born-again Christian, praise the Lord!" and he preaches against Mormonism (and Freemasonry), and he has been miraculously protected against Mormon and Masonic assassins. So, most Evangelicals conclude: "Yep, he must be a Christian!" But....
*In 1979 I asked Ed what Church he attends now. He said "The Angle Lake Christian Church near SeaTac". Yet, the pastors at Angle Lake told me that Ed has lectured about Mormonism at their church, but he was never a member of it and never attended it except to lecture against Mormonism.
*For years Decker has been a "internet pastor" at "City Church" in Kirtland Washington. I went there, and nobody I spoke with (I spoke with dozens) every saw Ed
on Sunday except once or twice to lecture about Mormonism or Freemasonry. He is an "Internet Pastor" in that people email him and he answers questions about the cults, then puts them on his e-mail list and later they receive e-mails asking them to donate money to Saints Alive. I asked a few a City Church why Decker was never seen on Sunday, most did not know but one told me: "He has health problems".
Ed Decker does not appear to have ever "gone to Church" (i.e. sat in the pews). The only times he "attended" any Evangelical Church was to preach behind the pulpit against Mormonism or Freemasonry. John Decker, one of his sons, told me many years ago that Ed drinks beer all the time and watches sports on Sunday. At the time, John (his son) was a True Believing Mormon (he may not be now). John also told me that he heard his dad (Ed) talking to a man in Ed's bedroom, but when John openned the door Ed was alone. John asked: "Who was that man you were talking to?" and Ed replied: "That was the Master, we were discussing how to destroy the Mormon Church". Yes...John Decker really told me that. According to Stan Fields, a Mormon who "spied" on Saints Alive in 1975, Decker used to speak as a Prophet--as if the LORD himself were speaking.
In my personal opinion, Ed Decker is not a Christian, and never was, but is a con-man. Even Hitler, to get Christian votes, declared "I am a Christian!" But he was very anti-Christian. He HATED Christianity, but he needed their "votes" to become Chancellor of Germany. And, in fact, most Christians in Germany believed his BIG LIE and voted for his party! Ed Decker has done the same: not for "power" but for "money".
Ed Decker once contributed to a book by a man who was "General" of the "Christian Defense Front"; which was a neo-Nazi organization that taught Jews were the "children of Satan" and blacks were soul-less "beasts of the field" meant only to be slaves. Decker now claims he "did not know" that the man he was contributing a book (about Freemasonry/Jewish conspiracy) was anti-Semitic. Another "oops....I didn't know" by Decker.
Ed Decker believes in one thing: Ed Decker! I believe he is an atheist who "uses" the name of "Jesus" and "uses" many of the more simple-minded Evangelicals to give him a VERY COMFORTABLE LIFE INDEED! That is my personal opinion. God will ultimately judge.